Blue Book - Can You Use Two?

Does anyone know the situation as far as the Blue House Registration Book goes, in respect to having two of them?

For instance, is it possible for a Thai to hold two separate blue books in their name in two separate provinces. If this is possible, then supposing the Thai is married to a foreigner, could that foreigner then make an application for an extension of stay, in either of these provinces. (Obviously, the extension would only be made in one office.) My thinking is that if a Thai owns a property in their name and it is registered in one province in the Blue Book, could that person then rent another property, with all the relevant documents, in a different province, then when it is time for the extension of stay, could that application be made at either province's immigration office?

Cheers.

A Thai can have more than one blue house book but can only be registered in one of them.

To apply for an extension of stay based upon based marriage the wife's house book does not have to be for where they are living. They could be registered in any province and you could apply for the extension in any other one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A Thai can have more than one blue house book but can only be registered in one of them.

To apply for an extension of stay based upon based marriage the wife's house book does not have to be for where they are living. They could be registered in any province and you could apply for the extension in any other one.

Many thanks for that! appreciated. So, let me see if I understand this, we currently have a home in Chiang Mai, where the names are registered. If I wanted to apply for the marriage extension in say Lamphun, could she use a blue book / rental agreement so that I could go to that office?

Edited by Formaleins

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

If I wanted to apply for the marriage extension in say Lamphun, could she use a blue book / rental agreement so that I could go to that office?

Her blue book for your home in Chiang Mai could be used and a rental agreement with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached.

• Like 1