ANUSARN MARKET Another nail in the coffin

scottiejohn

agree with the majority here 

smoking should be banned anywhere  near where people are eating 

experienced it myself with the family in a English Resteraunt/Bar in Pattaya where the manager was more interested in the guys smoking and drinking at the bar 

needless to say we never went back 

16 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

That is why I used the juxtaposition of the phrases/words.

I assume your next post will be on "stating the bloody obvious".

My remark has gotten two likes and two laughs (so far). Maybe my compliment to your ironic writing wasn't "bloody obvious" enough for you.

In the case of a restaurant that owns the property the restaurant sits on these new enforcement policies will not be enforceable I believe. It will be business as usual there, smokers outside, non smokers inside. The problem with that IMO is when inside gets crowded and non smokers are forced to sit outside with the smokers or just go elsewhere. I know I hate the smell of cigarette smoke and avoid as much as possible. A pox on these idiots who continue to smoke despite all the evidence pointing to the health risks caused and more to the point their selfishness in doing so when there are non smokers around them. Second hand smoke is just as deadly.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Second hand smoke is just as deadly.

BS. First the smoke goes through the filter in the cigarette, then through the second filter the lungs, then finaly it's exhaled but not directly inside your respiratory system. So this deadly effect you're talking about, doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

BS. First the smoke goes through the filter in the cigarette, then through the second filter the lungs, then finaly it's exhaled but not directly inside your respiratory system. So this deadly effect you're talking about, doesn't exist.

Have you ever noticed smoke coming off the end of a cigarette?  Or tobacco and filters smoldering in ashtrays? 

How is it that you think you know more about it than WHO, American Lung Assoc, cancer researchers, et al?

What's so attractive about Anusarn for long-term residents? Like the whole Night Bazaar, it's a tourist trap, crowded, dirty, filled with overpriced junk. I understand if you're hosting guests, but otherwise aren't there much better places to eat and be merry? 

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Puwa.  good times are where you find them, have not been to Anusarn lately but I recall some good eats in the past... Galare food center (night bazaar) has Little Istanbul Turkish place ... I highly recommend.  

Fair enough

Archived