Canadian woman arrested for spray painting wall in Chiang Mai released on bail

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, car720 said:

These grafitti people are unwanted in every country in the world.

I cannot figure out what makes them tick.

One of my favorite sayings....there are some people who you don't want to figure out. If you could understand them you would be just as screwed up as they are.  

3 hours ago, webfact said:

and Furlong Lee, 23, spraying paint on the walls

Surely his name is Lee Furlong, although 'Furlong Lee' makes him sound more like a race horse.

I reckon it's odds-on he'll be placed in the Chiang Mai Prison Stakes, they'll be under starters orders soon.

1 minute ago, lucifer666 said:

Make them clean it off with soapy water and a toothbrush, problem solved

It's already been done over a week ago. You can see them standing in front of the unmarked wall in the photo.

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The guys parents are already running a gofundme to raise lawyer and bail money. It's there you just have to search. You don't thing they get legal aid do you?

Actually only noticed the girls mother gofundme carefully worded to indicate no legal usage/crime payments (for paying expenses in Canada while away) asking 15k and over 4k almost immediately.  We must help those poor people facing detention in such a 5th world nation syndrum.  ????

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The fact is it is an ancient wall  - that it was a restored section does not make it less of an artefact.  

the ancient wall disappeared a long time ago.. there is doubt the the replacement even looks like the original 

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually only noticed the girls mother gofundme carefully worded to indicate no legal usage/crime payments (for paying expenses in Canada while away) asking 15k and over 4k almost immediately.  We must help those poor people facing detention in such a 5th world nation syndrum.  ????

It seems that there are still some pretty gullible people in this world who can't wait to part with their money.

2 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

the ancient wall disappeared a long time ago.. there is doubt the the replacement even looks like the original 

Actually most of the old city wall is still original - that gate area was gone but was restored and is considered just as important to Thai as any other section of the wall.  I lived in Chiang Mai 40 years ago and the wall has always been 'the' landmark of the city.

Grande Prairie woman out on bail in Thailand

By The Canadian Press

BRITTNEY-SCHNEIDER---SHIRT_0.jpg

Facebook/Brittney Schneider

A Canadian who was arrested in northern Thailand for spraying paint on an ancient wall says she's sorry for what she did and terrified about what comes next.

Brittney Schneider from Grande Prairie, says she was in the city of Chiang Mai last Thursday when she and some others got ``ridiculously drunk'' and made a mistake.

Security camera footage shows Schneider, who is 22, and 23-year-old Furlong Lee of England spraying paint on the walls of the Tha Pae Gate.

They have been charged with vandalizing registered ancient artifacts, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a fine of one million baht, or $40,000. Schneider spent three nights in prison before getting out on bail yesterday.

Full story: https://everythinggp.com/article/541886/grande-prairie-woman-out-bail-thailand

-- EverythingGP 2018-10-23

14 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It seems that there are still some pretty gullible people in this world who can't wait to part with their money.

I was once tempted to relieve myself against the wheel of a parked car.

I'm thinking of starting a gofundme page to pay for trauma counselling. I'm worried the cost could run into tens of thousands of dollars - including the first-class flights to the US.

2 hours ago, cms22 said:

Fair point. But I question whether the response warrants the crime.

Let's not think of it as a punishment but as a deterrent to other d'heads! 

Now give them a toothbrush each and let them clean it all off and not leave the site until completely clean!  :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sunluvr said:

I'm a Canadian and quite disgusted with her and her friends' actions, wish they let them both stew in jail for at least a few more days at least.. she's apparently a 'ramp agent' for WestJet in Canada (easily found her profile on FB, even a pic with her mom, wearing what looks like the same backwards facing ball cap).. I wonder what her employer would think about her actions, not very good public relations for them..

here are the 2 'quality tourists':

https://www.facebook.com/BrittSizzle (oh I see she also lists 'Liquor Depot Canada' as another place of work ????

https://www.facebook.com/lee.furlong.944

You think it’s two girls , most think it’s two guys and some think it’s a girl and a guy. Does this warrant a poll??

Mace 648 "Stupid trailer trash waste of skin Cut off her hands, give her a year in Thai prison and then deport her with a lifetime ban on ever returning." 

Mace648 - what a truly sad person you must be to make your comments. Perhaps you should get out more, leave your vile keyboard at home, get drunk and do something stupid. 

15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought it was the lashings of ginger beer that was being blamed for this in the first place.

Ginger beer? Jeeze, I gotta give it up. 

Never thought of blaming ginger beer for brain fade. ????

I don’t approve of the conduct. But I also don’t approve of any ban or too harsh a punishment. We all do stupid things in our life especially young and drunk. Pay the consequences yes but let the punishment be appropriate for the crime and circumstances. 

Archived