Canadian woman arrested for spray painting wall in Chiang Mai released on bail

webfact

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She should be banned from coming back to Thailand and along with the other that were with her. A nice fine of 200000bht would teach her some manner cancel her visa or permission to stay.

We behave and we are accepted from the Thai.

9 hours ago, Jingjock said:

So that means that if they are drunk its all OK. Rubbish, if they have to learn the hard way thats fine by me, anyway it was a man and a woman, not two drunk lads

Taking a leaf out of the Thai book of drunken excuses .

The things I've done while drunk, no'n ever warranted 10 years in prison, the most I spent was 12h in a Moscow jail, after pissing on a statue of Lenin, and that was during the good old Gorby days:), Actually come to think of it, I was also threatening the KGB officers that came to arrest me:) And I was allowed into the country just a month later, working...

1 hour ago, mettech said:

She should be banned from coming back to Thailand and along with the other that were with her. A nice fine of 200000bht would teach her some manner cancel her visa or permission to stay.

We behave and we are accepted from the Thai.

If it was a guy, would your stupid reasoning hold out too?

19 minutes ago, AlQaholic said:

The things I've done while drunk, no'n ever warranted 10 years in prison, the most I spent was 12h in a Moscow jail, after pissing on a statue of Lenin, and that was during the good old Gorby days:), Actually come to think of it, I was also threatening the KGB officers that came to arrest me:) And I was allowed into the country just a month later, working...

Well that's not a bad claim to fame! I can see where your username comes from now...

8 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

Fine would not be affordable so... I suggest a smaller fine, jail for the shock value, deprtation and banned from entering Thailand for a set number of years or lifetime. Not my call up to Thailand.

fine can be taken from her paycheck, if any, of if there was ever to be one in future.

... bet those on this thread whom seem to have a Hard Heart wouldn’t mind a ‘Banksy’ on their wall. 

Shessh man ! Guy kills cop flees the country during a farcical length of time never turning up at the police station when requested to ( <deleted> requested to ? Then guy spends his time traveling around the world watching Formula One racing. 

Be careful out there also, remember always wear your undies, as one day they may have spot checks on weather you are or are not. You do know it’s a crime in Thailand to go out in public and not be wearing any close undergarments. 

Comings soon to a side walk near you LOL ! That’ll be another revenue raiser. 

8 hours ago, Galactus said:

fine, jail, blacklist and deport please!

i wonder how canadian people feel like if i go spray Saint Joseph's Oratory or an important monument!

and can i get away with it just with a bail? i dont think so!

I suspect Canadians would be far more outraged if you spray-painted the local hockey arena.

3 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Pity you have such a low opinion of Lenin.  He was the first and only leader in history, anywhere, who has asked the simple question, ("kto ktom?" in Russian) or "who whom"?

Fill in the verb to suit yourself. 

But he meant, find out who is screwing whom in any society anywhere in history anywhere in the world and you will find out how the society is organised.

It's another version of the police detective's "follow the money" or (in the old days) "cherchez la femme".

“I came to as I finished writing the B and I stopped (to take a selfie) because I knew it was bad (@$$),” she said...

Really, please, look at the video...

They stopped to talk and laugh about it before she did it some more... !!

... wow

3 hours ago, Jingjock said:

And that gives them the right to deface it, cane them both

No but it should change the severity of the punishment.

Cane sounds about right either way lol. Huge fine and deportation seems reasonable as well. Maybe 1 week or so in jail might be a good idea too... 

7 hours ago, blazes said:

Pity you have such a low opinion of Lenin.  He was the first and only leader in history, anywhere, who has asked the simple question, ("kto ktom?" in Russian) or "who whom"?

Fill in the verb to suit yourself. 

But he meant, find out who is screwing whom in any society anywhere in history anywhere in the world and you will find out how the society is organised.

It's another version of the police detective's "follow the money" or (in the old days) "cherchez la femme".

I have nothing but admiration for such an intellectual giant in our world history. My choice of the statue, on which to pee upon, rested solely on the fact, that in those days, All statues in Moscow were of Lenin, except the giant one of Gagarin.

18 hours ago, sambum said:

"Kilroy was here"?

But total idiots, and the universal excuse for bad/violent/anti social behaviour - "I was drunk" or "I was on drugs" and "didn't know what I was doing, but I'm sorry and it won't happen again"!

so spoilt brats then.

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

If you read the post a bit more carefully you will come to understand that "one of the drunk lads" as you stated is actually a female from Alberta Canada !!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH you're funny! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA so you think she's also beautiful and don't look like a dude... HAHAHAHAHAHAAH you're funny

23 hours ago, Billthekiwi said:

So they just "happened" to find a spray can did they?

Sure!

Stamp return to sender on their foreheads and deport their bottoms...

I don't know, I just say that you can see for sure that this two don't have any idea how to use a spry can properly, or maybe they stick it up their asses and used  it form there! HAHAHAHAHAH you're funny! HAHAHAHAAH

19 hours ago, roo860 said:

Whoever sold them the paint, which it seems like, they've never been mentioned by the police, you reckon they're keeping that info from the police, or they did actually find or steal the spray?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If I were them I would say I found some half filled spray cans of paint by the wall and it was a spur of the moment decision to use then and not premeditated; as buying spray paint would be.

I had the unpleasant need to spend usually 10-14 days a month in Alberta during much of the 1990's. One thing I learned back then, which has been confirmed in this story, is that they sure have some nasty looking women there. 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:09 AM, giddyup said:

Thailand is happy to take responsible well behaved tourists, not mindless vandals. Deport and black ban for life.!

200000 and one week first,  otherwise no deterrent. 

vandals and terrorists need to know, whats in store for them

Archived