Canadian woman arrested for spray painting wall in Chiang Mai released on bail

webfact

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No one has said they are going to do 10 years, that's an absolute maximum that I imagine is never utilised, similarly with the huge fine. These youngsters have grown up in societies that are so soft on crime that they believe they are untouchable. Let Thailand, like Singapore make an example out of them. How happy would you be to come home and find graffiti all over your fence and front of your house? Might not be quite so magnanimous then.

They could paint all over the house, I would be pissed but as long as they were caught I would have them pay damages/fine and would have enjoyed watching them personally have to repaint my home

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shackleton said:

where would people be with out the GoFundMe page 

while it helps the deserving  not sure about others taking advantage 

of peoples generosity 

I am not sure which is the more serious crime in this case. Spray painting a wall with graffiti OR starting a GoFundMe page and asking for a lot of money because you did something stupid. One crime after another.

5 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

They could paint all over the house, I would be pissed but as long as they were caught I would have them pay damages/fine and would have enjoyed watching them personally have to repaint my home

You are living in a dream world, for one they are rarely caught as they are wearing hoodies and never recognised, and secondly even if they were you couldn't force them to paint your house. That would be entirely at your expense. Ever tried getting blood out of a stone?

4 minutes ago, Gracas said:

I am not sure which is the more serious crime in this case. Spray painting a wall with graffiti OR starting a GoFundMe page and asking for a lot of money because you did something stupid. One crime after another.

As I have said before, no one forces you to contribute, like no one makes people send money to a Nigerian scammer.

Vandalism, yes. An ancient wall, absolutely not. Totally fake. Nationalism, yes. Foolishness on her part, absolutely. A serious crime, definitely not. Alarmist on the part of the locals and the toy police, absolutely. 

There is an element within the so called "leadership" here, that is alarmist, brimming with false puritanism, overblown fake patriotism, and xenophobia, combined with a staggering degree of ignorance about most anything, who want to make something small, into something large, important and offensive. Those people need to exit stage left, as soon as possible, as they are making Thailand less great, by the day. We all know who they are. 

In other words, get out. Get out now. You are not wanted. You are not needed. You have grossly overstayed your welcome. The people do not like you. You need to leave now. 

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You are living in a dream world, for one they are rarely caught as they are wearing hoodies and never recognised, and secondly even if they were you couldn't force them to paint your house. That would be entirely at your expense. Ever tried getting blood out of a stone?

You just like to argue , as I said in my post " as long as they were caught" as these two were then that is what I would want happen to them. If no one was caught as you say then there is no argument on a sentence my homeowner's insurance would have to pay. And as far as being made to repaint my house I guess your not from USA or never heard of alternative sentencing. That's where a judge would say pay for damages,pay fine and repaint (in this scenario ) the home or spend 3 months in jail, your choice.

5 hours ago, car720 said:

These grafitti people are unwanted in every country in the world.

I cannot figure out what makes them tick.

Perhaps her own quote from the link explains it!...

"Schneider said her mother and aunt have arrived in Chiang Mai and, while she’s thankful they’re there, she said she’s not OK mentally".

5 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

Why point out that the "woman" is Canadian who only sprayed the "B."? But no mention that the man who sprayed most of the graffiti was from Liverpool, England, except for in the linked story.

Perhaps because the story about her being bailed is in a Canadian publication and perhaps the the other vandal didn't ?

58 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If you read the post a bit more carefully you will come to understand that "one of the drunk lads" as you stated is actually a female from Alberta Canada !!

To be a bit more specific it was a Tom from the quasi Canadian province of Alberta. I'm thinking the airline she works for won't be keeping her around the ramp. Luckily his other job at the private liquor store should be safe. He may even draw in a few extra customers out of curiosity. 

5 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

Why point out that the "woman" is Canadian who only sprayed the "B."? But no mention that the man who sprayed most of the graffiti was from Liverpool, England, except for in the linked story.

Maybe because the story his about her, her getting bail and what she said to the Canadian press? And she is Canadian.

5 hours ago, car720 said:

These grafitti people are unwanted in every country in the world.

I cannot figure out what makes them tick.

Unless your name is Banksy. Then a £1M is what makes him, and his shredder, tick !

11 minutes ago, Hooliganzone said:

You mean Re-built in 1986, but it don't change the facts about the graffiti morons.

Few nights in a cell a fine and send them home

Get your facts straight if your going to challenge others. The wall in question is of a different design than the original, using new materials and at a changed location. They are the same in name only so NOT rebuilt. 

As for the tom involved he has brought shame to my country and a month in a Thai Women's prison would be too good for him because he would love being locked up with all those hotties. So just a fine and a long ban will do.

3 hours ago, Wake Up said:

I don’t approve of the conduct. But I also don’t approve of any ban or too harsh a punishment. We all do stupid things in our life especially young and drunk. Pay the consequences yes but let the punishment be appropriate for the crime and circumstances. 

True, but I came first time to Thailand when I was 23 and didn't think of getting drunk or scribbling with paint on a wall here. Had too much respect.

I think it is appropriate to ban them for life. If my daughter would do this in my house, she would have to clean it and promise to never do it again. If her friend would do that, she would never be allowed to come to my house anymore.

4 minutes ago, pegman said:

Get your facts straight if your going to challenge others. The wall in question is of a different design than the original, using new materials and at a changed location. They are the same in name only so NOT rebuilt. 

As for the tom involved he has brought shame to my country and a month in a Thai Women's prison would be too good for him because he would love being locked up with all those hotties. So just a fine and a long ban will do.

The same thought about the tom enjoying being locked up went through my mind earlier, too.

Although, perhaps you can't choose your own area of deviancy? A bit like the old quip:

Masochist: Hit me.  Sadist: No

11 minutes ago, Thaijack2014 said:

True, but I came first time to Thailand when I was 23 and didn't think of getting drunk or scribbling with paint on a wall here. Had too much respect.

I think it is appropriate to ban them for life. If my daughter would do this in my house, she would have to clean it and promise to never do it again. If her friend would do that, she would never be allowed to come to my house anymore.

I never had any respect and will never have. So proud to have cheated Thai and abused them since the first time I came here ! And yes, I still call me a quality tourist because I have more money to spend than most people that you will ever meet.

I am really wondering why so many foreigners become so grumpy old man when staying in Thailand, as if they forgot that they also had no brain when they were younger (and maybe still don't have now that they are old)

13 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

These days that's a compliment for Alberta.

Yes, I agree, for the first time in decades Albertans  have a government leader in Ms Notley who looks out for their interests rather than just the muti-nationals. To bring this back on subject the Albertan NDP have also encouraged a safe environment for LGB....'ers like the graffiti artist. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

but came across a bottle of spray paint and picked it up.

Where are all these spray paints ? Sitting on streets for idiots ? 

Of course not, those idiot plan it in advance and buy spray cans for their stupid plans. Every country has a few <deleted> like these guys.

47 minutes ago, jrjrjr said:

I never had any respect and will never have. So proud to have cheated Thai and abused them since the first time I came here ! And yes, I still call me a quality tourist because I have more money to spend than most people that you will ever meet.

I am really wondering why so many foreigners become so grumpy old man when staying in Thailand, as if they forgot that they also had no brain when they were younger (and maybe still don't have now that they are old)

Award for the stupidest post so far.

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

You just like to argue , as I said in my post " as long as they were caught" as these two were then that is what I would want happen to them. If no one was caught as you say then there is no argument on a sentence my homeowner's insurance would have to pay. And as far as being made to repaint my house I guess your not from USA or never heard of alternative sentencing. That's where a judge would say pay for damages,pay fine and repaint (in this scenario ) the home or spend 3 months in jail, your choice.

If you consider that I'm arguing, don't respond and encourage me. Or are you being argumentative as well?

31 minutes ago, pegman said:

Yes, I agree, for the first time in decades Albertans  have a government leader in Ms Notley who looks out for their interests rather than just the muti-nationals. To bring this back on subject the Albertan NDP have also encouraged a

Yep, that's why my town looks like a ghost town now and my friends moved away to find work. Ms Notley is a real special treat. And a safe environment for LGB....'ers like the graffiti artist.  Wow yes that's just the sort of thing what we were hoping for. Thank you NDP.  Is there any other SH__hole ideas coming up in regards to our interests. Maybe we could all get cancer.

9 hours ago, manarak said:

stop making celebrittneys of idiots by publishing their name.

250.000 baht fine, 1 week prison, next case.

Fine would not be affordable so... I suggest a smaller fine, jail for the shock value, deprtation and banned from entering Thailand for a set number of years or lifetime. Not my call up to Thailand.

Archived