Police hunt driver who killed Filipino rally cyclist

snoop1130

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

And that car that comes out of a side road without looking, or the dog that runs into the road, how are they behind you?

there is an element of risk involved in absolutely everything we do in life - we make choices that improve our survivability, riding a motorbike - scooter or bicycle on a public road is always going to carry a lot of risk especially in Thailand where it is not unknown for someone to drive into a parked truck because they had their head buried in a phone surfing facebook, I have witnessed 2x accidents (as a pedestrian) were the drivers had their face buried in a phone, I have seen a lot of bad driving in front of me when out riding and when I get up along side - sure enough they are using a phone  - if I was a cop on patrol I would be very very busy - exactly what is missing in Thailand - a road checkpoint does nothing to stem the carnage on the roads, they need to be out there on the roads actually doing proactive police work - people will soon get the message.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently he was caught on Thursday, 29yr old mini van driver.Later on, he returned to Min Buri, outside Bangkok and informed his boss to claim compensation from insurance company for damage to the van which he claimed was caused by a collision with a cow.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/26/2018 at 4:10 AM, blackhorse said:

What's the attraction here? Nothing to see but banana plantations and stinking heat and humidity. I couldn't think of a worse place to cycle
Now cycling in Europe in the cooler months would be absolutely stunning views and beautiful architecture in the cities. I would even give it a do over there but not in lycra lol

Yo Chuckles,ever been to ChiangMai in Dec.?  The views are far more rewarding than what you see from a bar-stool.

Yo Chuckles,ever been to ChiangMai in Dec.?  The views are far more rewarding than what you see from a bar-stool.
Would take a hell of a lot more than riding a pushbike up a mountain to get me back to that boring sleepy little dump.

It's nearly 10 pm pretty soon they will start shutting the town down. Enjoy your last beer on that stool fella [emoji23]

Archived