Visa Agents Days Are Numbered?

EL159

33 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Op appears to be talking about queue agents that stand in the queue for you and hold your hand doing an extension etc. A whole lot different to the agents that do the extensions without funds with no visit to immigration.

Someone's opinion that "there's no point in using an agent any more", isnt exactly immigration shutting down agents.

That was not how I read the post from the OP. Agents in Chiangmai were not standing  in the queue, they had private access. Line sitters were queuing to get tickets mainly for individuals who could do their own paperwork.

The other route, not sure that was done in ChiangMai but certainly other provinces.

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with people who hire agents but agents should only have one queue ticket number per queue position.

It wouldn't be fair if they have 50 passports in hand and just have to queue at one position.

If there are 10 agents with 50 passports each (total 500 passports per day), you can imagine why the system was abused with more and more people going to agents.

Agents now have to work hard for their money. They should stagger their visits if they don't have enough staff.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My concern is that the CM agents are taken out with no extra facilities laid on at immigration, meaning no other options but to try the lottery of gaining a slot in the queue.

I don`t believe this will happen, there will still be the option to use agents, only be the corrupt agencies will shut down. Well, I hope this will be the case anyway. 

Edited by cyberfarang
  • Like 1

At the moment the early hours to get a ticket appears to be 6am and even later from a friends experience and another poster, that would be no hardship for most able bodied.

No more line sitters? Yet a member  here is able to send an assistant with the members documents to obtain a ticket, don't see any difference?

Things have changed, at the moment for the better but TIT and those changes often backslide, hope that is not the case.

The agent route is a cash cow, not changing anytime soon.

52 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Even if it's 6am that's still not acceptable to me, I live in Mae Rim and that would mean getting up at 4:30/5:00 to then stand around and wait for a couple of hours, I chose not to live like that.

As the member said in his post he sent a proxy (assistant) with his documents at 7.40am  to get a ticket which was then passed to the member to go later. 

Personally that is the route ( line stander, assistant, housemaid etc) I will go if still available,what is wrong with that? 

Most of my documents come via pdf so no hardship there, although it is a pain having to initial them all once a year.

You seem to be up early enough to post on TV around 6am. ????

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Even if it's 6am that's still not acceptable to me, I live in Mae Rim and that would mean getting up at 4:30/5:00 to then stand around and wait for a couple of hours, I chose not to live like that.

Nothing in the current information says that you are required to do that, there are other options.

From what I saw when I did my extension recently with ATV, the officials are much more meticulous in checking bank statements.

I'd suggest from that the dodgy agents, who are depositing money on the applicant's behalf, will be weeded out. The ones who have connections and are playing it straight will still be around.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

From what I saw when I did my extension recently with ATV, the officials are much more meticulous in checking bank statements.

I'd suggest from that the dodgy agents, who are depositing money on the applicant's behalf, will be weeded out. The ones who have connections and are playing it straight will still be around.

Which agents have 'depositing money' service? What are the terms and conditions?

11 hours ago, rebo said:

The agencies will never become extinct since many of them belong to current or retired high level IOs/relatives. Some of them even have "private" access to the computer system.
Know it first hand ...

Now I understand why they can go through the back door. They are relatives of these officers...

If we expose them to Big Joke, they will be out of their jobs.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

My concern is that the CM agents are taken out with no extra facilities laid on at immigration, meaning no other options but to try the lottery of gaining a slot in the queue.

Getting a line-sitter isn't difficult, you just ask the Thai people or your friends around your neighbourhood to queue for you for a fee.