Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho welcomes Thai cave footballers to Carrington

rooster59

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho welcomes Thai cave footballers to Carrington

Thai-cave-rescue.jpg

The Wild Boars were rescued from a Thai cave ( AP )

The group of 12 boys and their coach spent more than two weeks underground after being trapped when the cave they had entered became flooded

Jose Mourinho met the Thai football team who were trapped in a cave earlier this year at Manchester United‘s Carrington training complex.

The group of 12 boys and their coach spent more than two weeks underground after being trapped when the cave they had entered became flooded. 

Manchester United tweeted upon their rescue in July: “We would love to welcome the team from Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season.”

Full story: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-thai-cave-football-team-a8604506.html

INDEPENDENT: 2018-10-28

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

A rare Mourino smile; next job assemble a team which plays exciting football and challenges for titles.

About as sincere as the average bar girl smile! He's got the same habit of some hiso's - doesn't make eye contact when he initially greets and hugs them. 

All part of his job for that somewhat more than average salary.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spock said:

I am obviously alone in believing that the boys are now over-rewarded for their cave dwelling experience, particularly after the initial effort to protect their privacy and not interrupt their normal life style by making them celebrities. The coach in particular is beginning to slightly grate on me with the manner in which he attempts to be the spokesman for the group. But I don't want to be the one to fire the fatal shot into Bambi, so will say no more. 

Some people have fame thrust upon them.

Are they doing a world tour to promote Thainess?

Others could be thinking that fame and fortune is just a cave trip away.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spock said:

I am obviously alone in believing that the boys are now over-rewarded for their cave dwelling experience, particularly after the initial effort to protect their privacy and not interrupt their normal life style by making them celebrities. The coach in particular is beginning to slightly grate on me with the manner in which he attempts to be the spokesman for the group. But I don't want to be the one to fire the fatal shot into Bambi, so will say no more. 

Far from alone. But that's the media for you. Overcook everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

A rare Mourino smile; next job assemble a team which plays exciting football and challenges for titles.

Yep, ol' Jose could IMHO do no worse than persuade ol' Eddie W to sign up the Wild Boars players since they would probably wear the Man U shirt with considerably more pride than the current crop of overpaid clowns!????

4 hours ago, Chippy151 said:

Poor kids.

Yes, poor kids - but not these. Those who work and train hard, are better and get big bag of .....

Because who cares about talent, when you can be stupid and irresponsible. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Others could be thinking that fame and fortune is just a cave trip away.

Yeh, I know a good one . . . and now that the rainy season looks like ending . . . . ????