English overstayer to be kicked out of Thailand for ten years

webfact

7 hours ago, car720 said:

I often wonder, why do we look up so much to the rich when they depend on the poor to show them the way.

Not sure the way to which you refer. I am sure the rich do not look to the poor to show them the way to a financially secure life.

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

OK - if you're caught - to be very clear given you seem to struggle with basic English, you are arrested and prosecuted for overstaying one day, it's a 5 year ban from Thailand. 

If you need some help understanding the graphic, please let me know, I do love helping the mentally changed. 

overstay.png

Apart from your arrogant and condescending post, (And by the way:- "I do love helping the "mentally changed" should read "mentally challenged, if you want to be so critically correct!)

I think that the above applies to overstayers of more than one day- possibly 90 days, as per:- https://tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/.(Although it does say "Period of Overstay of less than 1 year" and if "arrested and prosecuted" could result in a ban of 5 years)

However, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone  being arrested and prosecuted for a 1 day overstay! I think that option may be used in the case of criminal activity etc.but for the most part:-

1.  If you overstay for a short period you will have to pay a fine. However, if you overstay for more than 90 days then it is a serious offence and the result will be you are deported from Thailand and banned from visiting again. The length of the ban depends on how long you have overstayed your visa.
Edited by sambum

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Very perceptive of you. May I point out that they have also not given all farangs 72 virgins and a 72 million baht to spend on them; at least not yet.

That's also very perceptive of you to notice they haven't been dishing out virgins or baht to farangs. Two very perceptive people we are.

1 hour ago, sambum said:
Apart from your arrogant and condescending post, (And by the way:- "I do love helping the "mentally changed" should read "mentally challenged, if you want to be so critically correct!)

I think that the above applies to overstayers of more than one day- possibly 90 days, as per:- https://tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/.(Although it does say "Period of Overstay of less than 1 year" and if "arrested and prosecuted" could result in a ban of 5 years)

However, I don't think I have ever heard of anyone  being arrested and prosecuted for a 1 day overstay! I think that option may be used in the case of criminal activity etc.but for the most part:-

1.  If you overstay for a short period you will have to pay a fine. However, if you overstay for more than 90 days then it is a serious offence and the result will be you are deported from Thailand and banned from visiting again. The length of the ban depends on how long you have overstayed your visa.

You lecture me for being wrong and then a simple graphic disproves it and you can't concede it - can you. Another bitter old expat who thinks he knows everything. 

If you are caught -that is arrested on any overstay, 1 day or 100 days, you're getting banned. Cry over beer if you have to, it's a fact. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 12:01 AM, GaryAdriaenssens said:

Now he has to find ramshackle accommodation in Mansfield for the next 10 years! Won't be an easy life without heating over there.... Bad boy!!

Let's not forget the snowy nights and days.

The fella overstayed so is getting blacklisted, fair enough.

But it's not enough! I think he needs his face and passport details shared on Thai news because I am sure the people of Thailand give a shit about such a heinous crime and just to round it off a good bashing from all the fine upstanding perfect TVF angels.

That'll teach the monster ????

9 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

Let's not forget the snowy nights and days.

As the Africans say - In the UK there are 2 kind of winters - the green one is the coldest as they do not put the heating on....:giggle:

Maybe I'm naive or stupid, both are possibilities.

But I totally get why someone would want to move to Thailand, if they feel they can better use their cash to achieve a better lifestyle than they could at home.

But to move to live in a tin shack, versus some project housing at home.

I just don't get that....well of course, there is always the sex!

9 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Maybe I'm naive or stupid, both are possibilities.

But I totally get why someone would want to move to Thailand, if they feel they can better use their cash to achieve a better lifestyle than they could at home.

But to move to live in a tin shack, versus some project housing at home.

I just don't get that....well of course, there is always the sex!

It may also be that the only option is a shackle home - home or away....

If so, its not difficult to understand that a Thai shackle home is the preferred one...

On 10/29/2018 at 7:36 AM, Snow Leopard said:

Mansfield is not such a bad place. I can think of many worse places. Even in the UK. 

jaywick sands is the worst ,and the yanks are using it in the political ads for some reason

On 10/29/2018 at 8:15 AM, car720 said:

Thailand is telling us that they want to clean up their act.

The problem that I see is; what will they do when they have eventually kicked everyone out.

The wannabe hippies and the old fart brigade and the wannabe intelligence services groupies. The sex tourists and the gunjah afficionados.  

Just what will they do for a dollar then?

Get a job like normal ppl !

10 hours ago, the guest said:

Get a job like normal ppl !

The problem is that the Thais don't want a job.

I know you weren't talking about anybody else because that would mean that you hadn't read the context correctly and I know you wouldn't do that, would you?

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there any reason why the picture of his documents are published? Yes, he should not have overstayed, but that is no reason to publish these documents. Someone at Thai Visa should read and learn about GDPR.

Since when have the EU GDPR regulations applied to Thailand?  Perhaps you should read and learn about GDPR.

• Sad 1

On 10/29/2018 at 2:14 PM, crazykopite said:

Who would want to live in Mansfield he will most probably end up going to one of Thailand’s neighbouring countries once he has raised enough cash to do so for every person kicked out it’s less money in the economy I reckon that over the last two weeks more than 1,000 people have been arrested and that’s in just two weeks.

Yes, and T/l is just keeping it's head above water on currency exchange. Whether someone is here legally or not they still have to exchange money. That is if their not working here illegally

Edited by Percy P

On 10/29/2018 at 1:01 AM, webfact said:

Other news pictures showed ramshackle living accommodation at the property that had no house number. 

Won a genetic lottery by being born in a wealthy nation and belonging to the privileged majority ethnicity, this guy could not make it in his home country and came to Thailand to assert his privilege by overstaying in a ramshackle accommodation. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2018 at 7:28 AM, helloagain said:

Good but you should fine him as well and if he cant pay then jail time. I obey thailands rules so should he. No sympathy from me

Jail time? hes no threat to anyone and he hasnt broken any laws so to speak, to take away a mans freedom simply for not sorting his visa is way too far. Fine him, ban him for a few years too, not 10. He has probably made a life here, why he didnt get it sorted actually probably means hes broke. he can go home, get a job, save hard and come back. I still think 10 years is too much considering he hasnt actually broken any laws. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, huberthammer said:

Please explain 

Unless working illegally, he should at least be bringing 300 USD to Thailand for his maintenance. I could see the living standard on a 300 USD for a person who had won a genetic lottery by being born in a high wage country amongst the majority privileged ethnicity

• Confused 2

On 10/31/2018 at 9:35 AM, ttrd said:

As the Africans say - In the UK there are 2 kind of winters - the green one is the coldest as they do not put the heating on....:giggle:

They need to try being in Lesotho or parts of South. Africa in winter.

On 10/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, marqus12 said:

his choice and his consequences...I do not have a problem with it that

he did not have a current visa and I always have
like many here who consider themselves holier than the Pope
... strange cases of Popes from Pattaya

I agree with you,  marqus.    I don't understand why so many posters seem to take personal offense if an expat has overstayed.      After all, it's not like he emptied someone's bank account, or stole their car.

The lad looks decent enough to me.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 2:43 PM, marqus12 said:

his choice and his consequences...I do not have a problem with it that

he did not have a current visa and I always have
like many here who consider themselves holier than the Pope
... strange cases of Popes from Pattaya

"Holier than the pope"? Any particular pope in mind? I think most in Pattaya would fit this description.

On 11/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, Percy P said:

Yes, and T/l is just keeping it's head above water on currency exchange. Whether someone is here legally or not they still have to exchange money. That is if their not working here illegally

They could withdraw Thai Baht from their UK account using  a ATM machine in Thailand