Chest Pain Right Side but Radiating to right Jaw

dennis123

This started six years ago very infrequently, like once every three months.

Then it became more frequent and now I have the same at least once a week, and sometimes multiple days in a row. I feel it's directly related to the amount I smoke, but when I feel this pain and I inhale deeply it doesn't get worse so I don't think something is wrong with my lungs.

It's strange because the pain is on the right side, but when you read about it online and the pain often radiating to my jaw (sometimes to my back as well) does indicate heart problems but the heart is on the left. Also, it always happens when I do nothing at all, just watching TV.

Like I said it's been going on for six years in a row now and everything you read online tells you to call 911 right away like you're a minute away from death, and here I still am after six years.

7 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I'm amazed that anyone could have any sort of pain for 6 years and not consult a doctor about it.

First five years it only happened like once every few months so I didn't take it very serious, then this year once every few weeks, still didn't think to much of it, but now multiple times a week. Before spending a fortune on tests in hospitals I was wondering if anyone here could provide some clues.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, KiChakayan said:

Gall stones, no big deal if treated. Worst case would be key hole surgery.

You might be on to something here.

I was just searching in Google again about the organs on the right side and the gallbladder came up, especially as I came from the dentist it was recommended to eat lots of ice cream and yogurt and after eating hardly anything else for the past two days (besides bread with melted cheese) the pain was at its worst and lasting longer than ever before.

7 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Why not just go get a basic health check up, they do those at Private Hospitals fro around 3k baht, get the blood/Urine tests etc, get the chest X-ray/ abdominal ultra-sound / ECG and basic physical checks. 

That's something I do every year, for around 3k its worth it. If anything is not as it should be it will give indications as to what "may" need attention or closer scrutiny and warrants further investigation.

Do something ! dont just do nothing, get the basic tests, it may completely alay any fears, or give a good indication whats really going on and you can make an informed decision on the next step.

Do you just ask for a basic health check-up or do you specifically mention all the things you just did?

The thing that bothered me is that certain heart checks don't even provide the whole picture while 20k baht lighter and the most expensive 3D - 360 slices or more test costs an awful lot more, and that are just the tests.

Edited by dennis123

4 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

Do you just ask for a basic health check-up or do you specifically mention all the things you just did?

I dont know where you are so cant be too specific, but in my area the hospitals have leaflets etc describing various health-check options from 1000 baht up, the one I described is my routine annual choice. Itakes about 3hrs to do.

Ny suggestion is go to a good hospital near you and ask them what "Health-check" services they offer, its possible they will have similar leaflets etc on the services,

From what you have said, I would definitely include blood work and urine, also ECG and Xray, the rest is up to you and see what their "menu" options are and select a package you are comfortable with.

Sheryl will undoubtedly be able to give more accurate and informed advice and even a specific Hospital choice if you would like to say what province you are in.

• Like 1

See a doctor. It's possible you don't have gallstones, but have sludge in your bile duct. An ultrasound will provide confirmation, or not.

I have bile duct sludge, and have to avoid fatty foods.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I dont know where you are so cant be too specific, but in my area the hospitals have leaflets etc describing various health-check options from 1000 baht up, the one I described is my routine annual choice. Itakes about 3hrs to do.

Ny suggestion is go to a good hospital near you and ask them what "Health-check" services they offer, its possible they will have similar leaflets etc on the services,

From what you have said, I would definitely include blood work and urine, also ECG and Xray, the rest is up to you and see what their "menu" options are and select a package you are comfortable with.

Sheryl will undoubtedly be able to give more accurate and informed advice and even a specific Hospital choice if you would like to say what province you are in.

Thanks, yeah I was hoping Sheryl would jump in at some point but it's late already, maybe tomorrow. It appears she is a doctor or was one in a previous life ????

I'm in Pattaya btw, for my deceased friend we went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital last time as it was urgent but for myself, I'm okay with Pattaya Memorial hospital which is much cheaper.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

See a doctor. It's possible you don't have gallstones, but have sludge in your bile duct. An ultrasound will provide confirmation, or not.

Damn I love fatty foods, like Salmon, cheese, eggs, chocolate, yogurt, ice cream. Heck it's probably 80-90% of all the foods I consume in a day ???? besides bread & bananas.

Pretty unhealthy lifestyle, I know, tired of rice and pork/beef/chicken.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dennis123 said:

Thanks, yeah I was hoping Sheryl would jump in at some point but it's late already, maybe tomorrow. It appears she is a doctor or was one in a previous life ????

I'm in Pattaya btw, for my deceased friend we went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital last time as it was urgent but for myself, I'm okay with Pattaya Memorial hospital which is much cheaper.

You shouldnt have any problem down there getting a "menu" of Health check options. Just go and enquire, see whats they have and study what looks like a good option for you.

Then you can bring those options and get specific advice on them and what needs to be included etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I, and most of the medical world, will agree. Why not start vaping................oops, T I T.

I don't think vaping will cut it for me. I used to smoke marijuana for the better part of my life, from 18-36yo and not a little, then I moved to Thailand and with that no more weed, but the day I stopped smoking weed I started to smoke a lot more cigarettes, like 1.5-2 packs/day.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

Damn I love fatty foods, like Salmon, cheese, eggs, chocolate, yogurt, ice cream. Heck it's probably 80-90% of all the foods I consume in a day ???? besides bread & bananas.

I think we'll be saying bye bye Dennis123 if you don't do something QUICKLY.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

You shouldnt have any problem down there getting a "menu" of Health check options. Just go and enquire, see whats they have and study what looks like a good option for you.

Then you can bring those options and get specific advice on them and what needs to be included etc.

Good advice Dennis, after all you said yesterday, you spent 40,000 on a tooth

SNIP> The dentist I went to due to missing most of my back molars, suggested two bridges, left and right, at a total cost of 80,000 baht, though I decided to do only one side for 40k baht, and on the other side I had the last back molar pulled as it's broken on all sides and already had multiple fill-ups and will put a crown on the last molar in the front.

3, 4, or even 5000 would seem to be well spent on a checkup??

• Like 1

Angina may be a vague, barely troublesome ache or may rapidly become a severe, intense precordial crushing sensation. It is rarely described as pain. Discomfort is most commonly felt beneath the sternum, although location varies. Discomfort may radiate to the left shoulder and down the inside of the left arm, even to the fingers; straight through to the back; into the throat, jaws, and teeth; and, occasionally, down the inside of the right arm. It may also be felt in the upper abdomen. The discomfort of angina is never above the ears or below the umbilicus.

Atypical angina (eg, with bloating, gas, abdominal distress) may occur in some patients. These patients often ascribe symptoms to indigestion; belching may even seem to relieve the symptoms. Other patients have dyspnea due to the sharp, reversible increase in LV filling pressure that often accompanies ischemia. Frequently, the patient’s description is imprecise, and whether the problem is angina, dyspnea, or both may be difficult to determine. Because ischemic symptoms require a minute or more to resolve, brief, fleeting sensations rarely represent angina.

Edited by chubby
foo
  • Like 1

Just now, wgdanson said:

I think we'll be saying bye bye Dennis123 if you don't do something QUICKLY.

Actually I wouldn't mind, lets just pray heaven exists so that I get a chance to visit my friend and ex-lover that passed away much too young.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dennis123 said:

Ever tried vegetables?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dennis123 said:

Before spending a fortune on tests in hospitals I was wondering if anyone here could provide some clues.

Clue number one: you can see a doctor here for 1000B max. The odds are that he will recognise what you have from your symptoms alone. Seems like a minimal investment to me.

17 minutes ago, BB1958 said:

Good advice Dennis, after all you said yesterday, you spent 40,000 on a tooth

SNIP> The dentist I went to due to missing most of my back molars, suggested two bridges, left and right, at a total cost of 80,000 baht, though I decided to do only one side for 40k baht, and on the other side I had the last back molar pulled as it's broken on all sides and already had multiple fill-ups and will put a crown on the last molar in the front.

3, 4, or even 5000 would seem to be well spent on a checkup??

More than one tooth but yes a few thousand isn't much of a problem of course. Just been staring myself blind at heart surgery that runs in the hunderds of thousands.

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

You have an undiagnosed pain in your chest and you still smoke up to 40 a day?

When the pain starts I wait for the pain to lessen and then light another one, which instantly increases the pain, sometimes I'm lucky.

54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Agree, go to the doctor today!

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Not really. Think 5 proper portions a day as a minimum.

Let me quote something:

Not only can a human survive but, a human can thrive and live a long healthy lifewithout eating any vegetables. Essential nutrients are those which the body cannot produce, so they must be consumed. Non-essential nutrients are those which the body is able to produce and do not need to be consumed.

Liver and eggs contain all the nutrients one needs.