Trump hardens stance on Mexico border, says 15,000 troops could be sent

webfact

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's always entertaining reading posts from liberal ###$$%%^^ who some aren't from the US and those who are sit here in Thailand with zero interest in what happens along the southern border states.

So, good on Trump for being pro-active in addressing the current influx of illegals. It's easy to criticize problems, being responsible for solving them is another matter.

Do you realize that every congressperson who represents a district on the Mexican US border is against building the wall? So maybe the BS on this issue is coming from @*##()#*right wingers?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Credo said:

Well, I do live in the US and I DO live near the Mexican border and Trump's views on the situation are far from being warmly received.   Very far from being popular.   He was even asked by a Republican in one of the States NOT to come.   Of course, he ignored the request, like he ignores most everything.   

Is that an opinion you can back up with a valid poll or something? And which Republican are you referring to?

I lived in Phoenix about a year ago. I can say from my experience that Trumps immigration policies were quite warmly received. But that would be among my social and cultural milieu at the time, primarily under 40 legal Mexican Americans, African Americans and white males. Perhaps your milieu is different?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Is that an opinion you can back up with a valid poll or something? And which Republican are you referring to?

I lived in Phoenix about a year ago. I can say from my experience that Trumps immigration policies were quite warmly received. But that would be among my social and cultural milieu at the time, primarily under 40 legal Mexican Americans, African Americans and white males. Perhaps your milieu is different?

As I've pointed out, even Republican politicians with districts on the border are opposed to the Wall. Unanimously. You think they're being politically suicidal?

But what do those politicians mostly born and bredin that region know as compared to some anonymous poster who claims that "among my social and cultural milieu at the time," in Phoenix, were "primarily under 40 legal Mexican Americans, African Americans and white males."

Edited by bristolboy
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Do you realize that every congressperson who represents a district on the Mexican US border is against building the wall? So maybe the BS on this issue is coming from @*##()#*right wingers?

Where do you find these ridiculous things to say, so you know and or researched every congressman in Ca, Arizona and Texas.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Here's a little snippet for you to chew on:

GOP campaigns asked Trump to steer clear of Nevada and Arizona

But two states noticeably absent from his itinerary: Arizona and Nevada, which are among the most competitive races and the best chance for Democrats to pick up GOP-held Senate seats (as our new CNN polls today illustrate).

Here's why: Two Republican officials involved in shaping the President's political travel tell CNN that Republicans in both Arizona and Nevada asked the White House to steer clear of those states in his final swing. Both states were on an early list of places Trump hoped to hit, officials say, but were taken off the final schedule because a presidential visit wasn't seen as helpful to Rep. Martha McSally in Arizona and Sen. Dean Heller in Nevada. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/midterms-2018-countdown/h_18f9e9318a63d0dc8c294bbd8eabfeea

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Credo said:

It's always entertaining reading posts from people who have nothing to say, but make assumptions about others.   

Well, I do live in the US and I DO live near the Mexican border and Trump's views on the situation are far from being warmly received.   Very far from being popular.   He was even asked by a Republican in one of the States NOT to come.   Of course, he ignored the request, like he ignores most everything.   

I lived most of my life in the Central Valley in CA and my opinion has as much validity as yours. Also the further up the food chain you are the less you're effected by the illegals. If I had been a professional type person making mid 6 figures all my life I would have a different mindset than I have had competing for jobs in the past at low wages because of the influx of illegals.

One Republican who dislikes Trump, for <deleted> sake, why do you have to like someone to see they're doing the right thing. I've had bosses I hated on a personal level but could see the good in their decision making. You don't have to like someone to agree with them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Where do you find these ridiculous things to say, so you know and or researched every congressman in Ca, Arizona and Texas.  

This is from The Hill, which specializes in reporting on members of Congress.

No Congress members along Mexico border support funding Trump's wall

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330045-no-congress-members-along-mexico-border-support-funding-trumps

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Where do you find these ridiculous things to say

Here's another ridiculous thing being said - by the US military command:

Army assessment of migrant caravans undermines Trump’s rhetoric

In the military planners’ most likely scenario, the caravans will continue to dwindle in size as they move north with “no terrorist infiltration,” potentially causing a “balloon effect” on smuggling activity as traffickers attempt to exploit the diversion created by Trump’s focus on the migrants. (my italic emphasis)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/army-assessment-of-migrant-caravans-undermines-trumps-rhetoric/2018/11/02/78b9d82a-dec0-11e8-b3f0-62607289efee_story.html?utm_term=.8a5602d058c5

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/u-s-military-assessment-of-caravan-doesn-t-match-trump-s-panic-1359801923968?v=raila&amp;

Trump, and not the caravan immigrants, poses the greatest threat to US border security!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

With the troops unable to engage any of the invaders and the pro-trump militias gearing up to beat the enemy back, It could well be a member of the militia, a US citizen, that will be the first to feel the effects of "throwing a rock".  Trump is a total ignoramus!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

This is from The Hill, which specializes in reporting on members of Congress.

No Congress members along Mexico border support funding Trump's wall

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330045-no-congress-members-along-mexico-border-support-funding-trumps

The topic here isn't about a wall is it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The topic here isn't about a wall is it?

Last time you commented on this you didn't seem to think that. You just thought that the claim had no evidence to back it up.

And the reason for that is it's pretty obvious that support for building the wall tracks very closely with people's attitudes about the supposed threat that illegal immigrants pose.

As for your testimony about your personal experience:

Your views in general are extremely right wing so it's no surprise that you would report on the situation the way you so. Would someone with progressive views from that part of the world agree with your observations?

• Sad 1

With the troops unable to engage any of the invaders and the pro-trump militias gearing up to beat the enemy back, It could well be a member of the militia, a US citizen, that will be the first to feel the effects of "throwing a rock".  Trump is a total ignoramus!
He's actually very smart at xenophobic propaganda. It's very sad that there are any Americans still being suckered by his perverted hateful mind games. But alas there are many.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Rachael Maddow...….:cheesy:   :cheesy:

That you put your trust in a person who lies, on average, ten times a day over somebody else just because she reports with a progressive point of view really says something about your character.  You can start laughing with a clear conscience the day that Maddow breaks the land speed record for lying like Trump has.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The ultimate questions are: 

Is the United States going to have a secure border, or an open border?

If the former, how do those who reflexively oppose President Trump propose to do it? Its real easy to hurl insults at him, and those who share his view that our border needs to be secure, what concrete proposals do the "insulters" have? What have they done to effectuate their proposals?

As one who has lived in a border state, and may be returning to same, Im very interested in concrete solutions to the problem of this caravan, and the problem of illegal immigration in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its real easy to hurl insults at him, and those who share his view that our border needs to be secure, what concrete proposals do the "insulters" have? What have they done to effectuate their proposals?

It's also real easy to fact check the truth.

Try it and you'll have your answers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

It's also real easy to fact check the truth.

Try it and you'll have your answers.

In other words, there are no proposals. Seems to me that insults are easy, solutions are hard. 

Ask the hard questions and get no answers. Fair enough. 

Just now, Morch said:

There you go again with your faux, contrived either/or nonsense. I'm not aware there much call for open borders,

Really. Well then no sense in giving you references then. And notice the tenor of your post. Words like "ignorance", "faux",  "nonsense" etc. I asked simple questions and thats the response. Res Ipsa Loquitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

In other words, there are no proposals. Seems to me that insults are easy, solutions are hard. 

Ask the hard questions and get no answers. Fair enough. 

In other words, this is hardly the first time the topic is discussed. That you pretend otherwise, and expect everything to be re-hashed is disingenuous.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Really. Well then no sense in giving you references then. And notice the tenor of your post. Words like "ignorance", "faux",  "nonsense" etc. I asked simple questions and thats the response. Res Ipsa Loquitor.

What does "references" got to do with anything? And "ignorance" is something you added on your own. You do not ask simple questions, on this forum and topics. You troll. The issue was discussed in length over and over again. You wish to ignore that? Go right ahead.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1