Australia joins the UK and USA with withdrawal of income verification

53 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

I see what your saying however the partying can be stopped at any moment if there are not enough funds, but you have to have a house over your head so rent becomes a necessity.

So what would the breakdown of essential expenditure here be? I have read all the thread on how much you need to get by and apparently it's not under 40,000 reading the posts.

As you said how do you calculate? But reasonably food costs and accommodation must figure as essentials. After that everyone is free to spend their money as they deem fit. 

The budget I have planned for myself is 90k per month (30 all house expenses, 30 all entertainment expenses & 30 for everything else) ... I estimate I could live on approx 1/2 that but whilst I'm still working/earning money I've no plans to try.

I've no doubt people can live happily on less than 45K (especially outside of Bangkok, Phuket etc...) but unfortunately Thai immigration set the limit at 65K for Retirees and 40K for Marriage (I agree this doesn't make sense and if it's done because your wife can contribute then why can't her income be taken into consideration)

Edited by Mike Teavee

17 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I've no doubt people can live happily on less than 45K (especially outside of Bangkok, Phuket etc...) but unfortunately Thai immigration set the limit at 65K for Retirees and 40K for Marriage (I agree this doesn't make sense and if it's done because your wife can contribute then why can't her income be taken into consideration)

If we had to we could live easily on 20K.

No rent, most western food cooked at home and Thai food is still so cheap that it is almost as cheap to eat outside.

(Don't know how they make any money. My wife was trying to help out a friend so she financed a little restaurant selling food for around 40 baht. It was doing well until someone noticed and opened IP just down the soi selling for 30 baht. There went most of the profits.)

Anyway, most of my bad habits have lessened, the wife grows a lot of her own fruits and veggies. It simply doesn't cost much day to day for a lifestyle that most older middle aged people lead regularly in the west.

On the subject of the amount needed for a visa extension. I dug an old post of Ubonjoe's up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does this mean only one spouse needs the 800K or 65000 if the other is a dependent, thus 32500 each a month?

"If both of you were to apply for OA long stay visa at a embassy or consulate or an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here you both would need to 800k baht in the bank.

If only one of you applied the other would get a non-o visa and then an extension as the dependent of the one with the visa or extension without needing any financial proof."

8 hours ago, cleverman said:

Some IO are already refusing to accept embassy letters. TV should not Be used as your only source of information. I am well read, clever of me. 

You're the one making statements such as: "as has been mentioned a thousand times (on TV) already", which leads one to conclude you're getting your information from here.

If you have a better source, why not state it so everyone can benefit.

IMO there is no better source than the combined experiences of many members on Thaivisa. If something different happens at an IO office, you're likely to hear about it on here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tropo said:

You're the one making statements such as: "as has been mentioned a thousand times (on TV) already", which leads one to conclude you're getting your information from here.

If you have a better source, why not state it so everyone can benefit.

IMO there is no better source than the combined experiences of many members on Thaivisa. If something different happens at an IO office, you're likely to hear about it on here.

The only information that I have gotten from here is that 3 embassy s are going to cease issuing income letters. No "combined experiences" has altered that. I get up very early in the morning mate. 

several years ago when I got my initial OA visa I simply showed the pension letter to the thai consulate.  No mention about having to bring money into this country and for several years it's been that way.
the thai immigration website does not indicate the 65k has to be in a thai bank, only proof of that amount as income, same as royal thai embassy.
If that changes to requiring money into thailand, I will rethink where to make base camp.

If thai immigration does not accept the income letter and my valid proof of income at the end of december, then the 800k is not an option.

Having to move is not a bad option.

Edited by Nowisee

2 hours ago, cleverman said:

The only information that I have gotten from here is that 3 embassy s are going to cease issuing income letters. No "combined experiences" has altered that. I get up very early in the morning mate. 

11 hours ago, cleverman said:

Some IO are already refusing to accept embassy letters. TV should not Be used as your only source of information. I am well read, clever of me. 

So where did you get this information? Significant news that no one else has been able to confirm. Would be good to have proof of this as AFAIAA, the only feedback that TI have given is that Embassy letters will be the only accepted proof of income for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Psychic said:
On 11/7/2018 at 6:47 AM, elviajero said:

Yes, but it’s unlikely you’ll get a home visit for the third extension unless you’re applying at a new office.

They also required a witness from me this year. "New rule".

????

Requiring a witness has been around for a few years, but isn’t enforced at all offices.

2 hours ago, cleverman said:

So where did you get your information that several immigration offices don't accept income letters? I've heard of certain offices asking for additional proof of income, but none that flat out refused to accept them.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, elviajero said:

Requiring a witness has been around for a few years, but isn’t enforced at all offices.

On the previous 2 home visits by TI for marriage extension we required I think 3 neighbours to attend our house armed with their ID's and housebooks. Will see what happens this time.....IF they require a home visit. Same local. IO...no change.

Interesting to see if they accept the Embassy signed stat dec. 

1 minute ago, orchidfan said:

On the previous 2 home visits by TI for marriage extension we required I think 3 neighbours to attend our house armed with their ID's and housebooks. Will see what happens this time.....IF they require a home visit. Same local. IO...no change.

Interesting to see if they accept the Embassy signed stat dec. 

I went through all that just for a retirement extension but only once

19 minutes ago, Media1 said:

l was there and got my letter. I can still get it next year due to the fact l can prove my income. Embassy can not refuse as they agreed. Whether IMO refuse. We will see

What embassy and how do you prove it.

4 minutes ago, pontious said:

What embassy and how do you prove it.

Australia embassy and l can prove very easily online AU government site . Print and witness to easy. Different for some. But l worry about my outcome. l know longer worry. l keep money in AU and recieve monthly payment indefinitely.

3 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Australia embassy and l can prove very easily online AU government site . Print and witness to easy. Different for some. But l worry about my outcome. l know longer worry. l keep money in AU and recieve monthly payment indefinitely.

The embassy will not do letters next year. And what you show them will not be verified by them.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, pontious said:

The embassy will not do letters next year. And what you show them will not be verified by them.

LOL l was there today. Don't talk crap. They won't do your letter correct. My embassy by law as they agreed will witness and confirm my income based on 100% solid proof. You can speak for yourself l could not care what you think. My docs will be witnessed and don't give readers false info.

Book a appointment and go ask. Now go learn the Australian laws while your at it. l spoke to the counter lady who knows exactly that stated by law they will based on confirmation as we discussed. Reaffirmed by one other. Don't play boss here because your not.

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I went through all that just for a retirement extension but only once

They must accept the stat dec. It's a legal binding document Don't be fooled by stories here. Maybe a problem may arise with certain officers. But l can prove my income live online. As used to obtain my stat dec with Australia and they agree by law they can not refuse me very simple. So heads up to you now. Don't listen to tire kickers. l had a 10 min discussion with the the embassy. No problem for me anyway. My money is based on a government website which clearly shows dates and payments. it's like talking to children here in kinda at times.

Anyway a successful outcome for me today..Good luck 

36 minutes ago, pontious said:

You are not my father - so there is nothing changed at the Aus embassy - 82 pages wasted. Keep taking the tablets.

We're you there today ?.

Did you have the conversation to the AU government ?

No l did not think so <removed>You worry about your welfare. l worry about mine. You will go far with your initiatives.

<removed>

Edited by CharlieH
Troll comment removed.

On 11/2/2018 at 8:50 AM, Russell17au said:

Today 2/11/2018 the Australian Embassy has declared that it will from the 7th January 2019 it will NOT witness Statutory Declarations for proof on income for Thai Visa extensions.

Consular_No_Stat_Dec_Witness_7_January_2

Did you read this.

12 hours ago, Media1 said:

They must accept the stat dec. It's a legal binding document Don't be fooled by stories here. Maybe a problem may arise with certain officers. But l can prove my income live online. As used to obtain my stat dec with Australia and they agree by law they can not refuse me very simple. So heads up to you now. Don't listen to tire kickers. l had a 10 min discussion with the the embassy. No problem for me anyway. My money is based on a government website which clearly shows dates and payments. it's like talking to children here in kinda at times.

Anyway a successful outcome for me today..Good luck 

Just to clarify, You have spoken to the Embassy and they have informed you that they will continue to issue Stat Decs next year ?

12 hours ago, Media1 said:

My embassy by law as they agreed will witness and confirm my income based on 100% solid proof. You can speak for yourself l could not care what you think. My docs will be witnessed and don't give readers false info.

Just to clarify, The embassy will now "witness and confirm income based on 100% solid proof" Embassy now requires proof to do a stat dec ? Stat decs have never required proof as its only a declaration.

All your posts appear to be completely at odds with the OP, They will continue to issue stat dec based on proof shown ??????

Edited by Peterw42

52 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Just to clarify, You have spoken to the Embassy and they have informed you that they will continue to issue Stat Decs next year ?

Just to clarify, The embassy will now "witness and confirm income based on 100% solid proof" Embassy now requires proof to do a stat dec ? Stat decs have never required proof as its only a declaration.

All your posts appear to be completely at odds with the OP, They will continue to issue stat dec based on proof shown ??????

Book a appointment and go and state your individual case with the embassy. l don't care about the OP. I care about my case. Which has been clarified.  l have better things to do than repeat myself. Good luck

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A Stat Dec is not a legally binding document.

It is similar to a statement made under oath, (affidavit) however, it is not sworn. Statutory declarations are commonly used to allow a person to declare something to be true for the purposes of satisfying some legal requirement or regulation when no other evidence is available.

Even by showing documents to support the financial statement made in a Stat Dec, the Embassy cannot 'verify' the documents as 'authentic' and/or genuine. This is the reason why they have withdrawn the service.

The Stat Dec is merely your statement, worthless as a legal document with regards 'proof' of income to Immigration, because the proof of incomes stated cannot be verified.

Read carefully. My documents and financials are on a AU Government website and you don't listen at all. The embassy are happy to verify. You talk alot but have not been there lol. TV super stars