Backpacker reveals how she escaped terrifying kidnap attempt in Thailand

webfact

Backpacker reveals how she escaped terrifying kidnap attempt in Thailand

012803fc738f87438936cffde835ff1e.jpg

Rachel Turner made a last minute stop off in Thailand after spending a year abroad. Image: Supplied

A young university student backpacking her way through Thailand has revealed how a terrifying taxi ride during a drunken night out left her bloodied on the side of the road pretending to be dead.

After completing a year abroad studying in Shanghai, on a whim Rachel Turner decided to fly into Chiang Mai before bussing her way down to Ko Pha-ngan in early August 2017.

Travelling alone, the then 22-year-old made friends with a group of backpackers at her hostel who convinced her to buy a ticket for the incredibly boozy half moon festival.

“There was just a lot of alcohol, the hotel was giving out shots for free, it was one of those events when you just start drinking in the middle of the day,” she told Yahoo7 News.

Full story: https://au.news.yahoo.com/backpacker-left-three-options-thai-taxi-kidnapping-heres-043123867.html

-- YAHOO!7 2018-11-05

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

OK let's have it,  10pics of BJ over a 2 week period with stories of she lied,  we are going to meet with her,  cannot interview her,  then finish it off with great honest deed by some taxi driver or some other grinning numptie. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loaded said:

Kidnapped? I read the article and it reads to me like a drunk silly girl accepting a ride home from a bloke who leaves her when she falls off his motorbike.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Donald Trump has a favourite name for this sort of media story but I have already been punished for using the two offending words on a previous occasion.  You can probably guess the two 4 letter words but don't be silly and risk beinng banned

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

She says she wash drunk out of her head it’s incredible that she can remember so much about what happened . Why I ask did she not go to the police or report it to the Hostel management who would have helped her. If you go to these type of events with friends then you should stay together I live on Phangan this is the first I have heard of this supposedly attempted kidnapping there are many farangs both Male and female who have lived on the island for many months and years and I have never heard of any of them being threatened or abused unless they have kept it to themselves . I would rather live on Phangan than Samui or Koh Tao.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

"it’s just that at the end of the day, I wasn’t thinking, I got carried away and I made mistakes that are now so recognisable.”

that just about covers it !  Young drunk and stupid.

Yes young drunk and stupid.gives a sex pervert the right to do whatever he wants to her.at least she was sober enough to realise what was going on else it could of ended up as a case of false claims of rape as usual.please let's not blame the victim because she had a few too many.would you want your wife/gf to get a lift in the middle of the night of this moto taxi.you sir seem to have the attitude of a Thai policeman,theres a sexual predator out there that one day will strike if he hasn't already.

Edited by happy chappie
  • Like 2