Blood test clears Brit expat of drunk driving in horrific accident

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Accident  October 10.

Results released November 5 !!

These must be tests of  the most rigorous kind ....

Yes indeed. Blood tests apparently take an unusually long time at this hospital. When I go for blood tests (11 different tests) at my hospital in Bangkok they usually take 30 - 40 minutes.

"Capt Warawud Sansop of the Thalang Police, told The Phuket News today (Nov 5) that he has now received the hospital report on drug and alcohol tests". 

Perhaps the results had to travel on a time consuming and costly route before they could be released to the media.

5 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

What is the speed limit?

From the sounds of this report everything is okay; driving at excessive speed is nothing to worry about unless impeded by alcohol, or drugs...?

...sounds like driving a tad too fast..  that is a lot of damage for a Merc to sustain.. and rip they guy to pieces!! 

53 minutes ago, car720 said:

you cannot expect the type of 'expat' that lives in Thailand these days to relate to humanity.

Not always 

I belong to a group of people who have raised a huge amount of money and have changed the lives of tens of thousands in the Kingdom and in Laos . Through individual generousity and fund raising . 

You are correct there are many here who really don’t care much - to make a fast buck and exploit the local population- especially the women.

So there are people here who care about the desperately poor recyclers and help. 

2 hours ago, kannot said:

collecting rubbish people, see them all the time, be honest its  LUNACY!

Yeah, They are everywhere. Don't you think its a reflection of the poverty that is to be seen in every town in Thailand ?  Even though it is denied by the government.  They are the only people who clean up rubbish and re-cycle plastics, glass  and paper.

2 hours ago, kannot said:

collecting rubbish people, see them all the time, be honest its  LUNACY!

LUNACY?  Really?  Some guy so poor he has to resort to collecting rubbish in the dead of night to make a few baht run over and killed by a guy doing god knows what speed in a 6 million baht motor. Now that is lunacy.

32 minutes ago, Laza 45 said:

...sounds like driving a tad too fast..  that is a lot of damage for a Merc to sustain.. and rip they guy to pieces!! 

Merc or any other modern car would have crumple zones designed to minimise injuries to pedestrians ,although the laws of physics can’t be ultimately overruled. So significant damage is a sign of that working.

13 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Merc or any other modern car would have crumple zones designed to minimise injuries to pedestrians ,although the laws of physics can’t be ultimately overruled. So significant damage is a sign of that working.

..and they are designed to rip people to pieces too if they are hit?

5 hours ago, ParadiseLost said:

What is the speed limit?

From the sounds of this report everything is okay; driving at excessive speed is nothing to worry about unless impeded by alcohol, or drugs...?

That is a sound statement at least for foreigners.  Now - if a Thai, it seems you can be under the influence but based on your status, the price of your car, you known wealth, and your connections, you can pretty much stop an investigation in it's tracks, refuse blood and breath tests, and blatantly lie, and with enough time your case will be forgotten by the media as well as buried by the police.  And that statement is not hyperbole as anyone who has lived her long enough has seen instance where clearly impaired Thai drivers who are outwardly rich completely avoid prosecution.  For example, Interpol seems to be able to extricate criminals back to Thailand without problem unless that criminal's name is Vorayuth Yoovidhya.  With a name like that all international criminal investigation departments suddenly become incapable of conducting police work as the count-down to the end of the statue-of-limitations for murdering a policeman keep ticking away day-by-day.  That's what passes as 'justice' for wealthy Thais and organizations like Interpol are complicit. 
So it's very fortunate that the Brit wasn't drinking, but still, the issue of speed?  But it seems as though in Thailand aggressive driving and excessive speed are simply accepted by the authorities and the death of a poor nobody although grizzly was no loss to Thailand as a whole.  So the issue will be swept under the carpet and forgotten so that the wealthy can get their lives back on track undisturbed by the death of a mere commoner and get back to mourning billionaires who lives and deaths are much more important and news worthy.

6 hours ago, wgdanson said:

He must have been going at a pretty high speed to do that damage to a Merc. I assume the victim was collecting rubbish in the central reservation and the car was in the middle lane as the damage is to the right of the car. Reckless driving????? I personally think not.

No excuse now

2 hours ago, Aupee said:

Having. Read all the posts from the above professional accident investigators. I can honestly say that I have never read so much unsubstantiated drivel. I think a few of you should study Thai defammation law a bit more than you have applied in the way of knowledge so far.

Very correct.

If the Mercs driver was a Thai, there would have been wild theories of reckless driving and other accusations.

But here, how some posters try to blame the poor rubbish collector and clear the moron of a driver is something disgusting, to put it very mildly.

Even an incident like this is open for jokes and sarcasm for some - what disgusting aliens Thailand seems to house.

RIP to the poor man and condolences to the family & friends.

2 hours ago, Cranky said:

LUNACY?  Really?  Some guy so poor he has to resort to collecting rubbish in the dead of night to make a few baht run over and killed by a guy doing god knows what speed in a 6 million baht motor. Now that is lunacy.

The guy will have to answer to his karma in this life and next and next ...

That's a fair whack to the A pillar, which is boron steel. 

Part of the body cage.

And would at a guess have severed the body.

Right hand screen impact point. 

Pretty certain that the onboard diagnostic system obdas, records certain things during impacts that trigger airbag deployment  etc.

Tech stuff yes.

But that's what you pay for.

It was reported that after he struck the man he stopped within 40 metres.put into the equation would be he suffered glass in his eyes and maybe the airbag went off but it wasn't mentioned.so I think he's wasn't going fast as some other members seem to think.in the uk the man who died would of had his blood tested too.also working in the road at night would require lighting of the work area and one of these but that's only health and safety.

IMG_2566.PNG

IMG_2567.PNG

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Yes indeed. Blood tests apparently take an unusually long time at this hospital. When I go for blood tests (11 different tests) at my hospital in Bangkok they usually take 30 - 40 minutes.

"Capt Warawud Sansop of the Thalang Police, told The Phuket News today (Nov 5) that he has now received the hospital report on drug and alcohol tests". 

Perhaps the results had to travel on a time consuming and costly route before they could be released to the media.

Maybe each 1000 baht note diluted the readings.

And it took a few, plus time, to get a clear result.

7 hours ago, miamiman123 said:

Sad but you hit someone walking along the side of the road....prepare to make restitution to the family....jail time 

But isn't that what the compulsory insurance is for when you pay the road tax?

The government lays down the values on life, and death.

And you pay the 650 baht policy fee.

So why should it be any more than this?

Because it's a farang and a Merc. ????

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I suppose the police report will say the garbage man

committed suicide. 

regards worgeordie

Collecting plastic  bottles and the like on a main road at night most likely in dark clothes in the fast lane = suicide so YES.

7 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Well I suppose if you are very elderly and might even have an equally elderly partner to take care of - have no children supporting you and live in shack- you still need money .

There is no fabulous social security taking care of you. 

Not the most helpful comment . 

Driving in this country- you have to expect the unexpected 

Perhaps a bit more respect to the human being who was ripped to pieces by the idiot in his flash Merc. 

If its not LUNACY to  collect rubbish in the dark on a main road then why is he dead? because if thats your idea of sanity instead Ive nothing more to say

Archived