London violent crime could take 'a generation' to solve

webfact

London violent crime could take 'a generation' to solve

It could take a generation to solve London's violent crime problem, the city's mayor has warned.

Two teenage boys and two men have been stabbed to death in the city in the last five days, including 15-year-old Jay Hughes. Mayor Sadiq Khan told the BBC's Today programme to "really make significant progress can take up to 10 years".

Home Office minister Victoria Atkins said combating violent crime "isn't just about police numbers".

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-46095279

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-11-06

7 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

So tax cuts makes boys / young men go out carrying knifes does it ? incidentally if the police are that short why don't they transfer the 900 officers working on hurty hurty hate crime to the streets ? 

Basically, your first sentence is an argument against the effectiveness of any policing.

As for the 900 working on hate crimes, that would barely put a dent in the cuts made by the Tories.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Basically, your first sentence is an argument against the effectiveness of any policing.

As for the 900 working on hate crimes, that would barely put a dent in the cuts made by the Tories.

Of course it is which makes your argument of blaming cuts as rubbish !

3 hours ago, seahorse said:

It's not a new thing. Who was in power when this started? What's new is the propaganda. 

On my screen it's very hard to see that link as being different from the rest of the text.

That said, how does the increase of immigrant justify lowering the number of police on the streets? I don't understand. If you've got a problem that's getting worse, you cut the resources to fight it?

33 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I'm sure there should be some way to put the blame again on the Brexiters ?! ????

Funny. It's been the practice of the Brexiters to blame the EU for the damage on society wreaked by the Tories  350 million per week for NHS ring any bells?

4 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the guys involved are ethnic boneheads like the mayor himself so little can be done about their lack of common sense

And I'm sure there will be people who will defend you for lumping the mayor of london with knife wielding criminals on account of ethnicity. But clearly you're just a garden variety bigot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

To solve a problem, you first have to face the problem.  When a termite infested tree finally is so weak that it blows over in the wind, the wind was not the cause of the tree's structural failure. But the UK authorities will blame the wind every time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Yes and most carried out by immegrants and black youths,but you will not be told that.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Acknowledge Met Police are claiming UK blacks are involved with knife crime and as reported elsewhere by so named 'postal' youth gangs in London, plus of course white UK national criminals.  However, provide credible source/s for your claims of non UK citizens committing a statistically important number of knife crime. I say 'statistically important' as no group is free of criminal elements.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Knife attacks have been a big problem in London recently, as far as I read from various sources.  Just imagine, if gun control in the UK were as lax as that in most parts of the US, the murders/injuries would be at very high levels in London too.

So, yes, knives can also kill or maim; but with guns, it is a lot worse.

Look at all the advice and classes for girls/women to protect themselves against sexual assault. So offer advice and classes to boys/men on knife fighting. He pulls a switchblade, you pull a Bowie. He pulls a Bowie you pull a sword. He pulls a sword, run like hell.