O visa Penang

On 11/16/2018 at 11:23 PM, BritTim said:

Unless you have an exceptionally good relationship with the senior consular official (and probably not even then) they will not accept 399,000 baht in the bank, even if you have cash to make up the shortfall. However, they do not require seasoning. If you are really close to the magic 400,000 baht figure, perhaps a friend will give you a loan for a few days.

Require seasoning? What do you mean? 

On 11/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Only Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You need to show at least 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their registry in a tambien ban.

No need for proof of where you are living.

Will just evidence of 400K in a bank book update suffice or do they want a specifically printed statement? 

11 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

The 400k baht being in the bank longer than the date you apply. For an extension at immigration it would have to be in the bank for 2 months.

9 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

Will just evidence of 400K in a bank book update suffice or do they want a specifically printed statement? 

All that is needed is a updated bank book and copies of it.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

In what circumstance would you need to get a 60 day extension during the middle of your visa? 

Quite simply if you wanted to delay your 90 day out/in trip.

Get your first 90 on Jan 1st and extend by 60 in March means you do your first out/in in May.

Out/in May get 90 extend by 60 means 10 months with only one out/in. ????

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht being in the bank longer than the date you apply. For an extension at immigration it would have to be in the bank for 2 months.

All that is needed is a updated bank book and copies of it.

As a belt and braces I usually do an ATM withdrawal just before flying and staple the print out to the BB copy that might be a couple of days old.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, clearmirror said:

"Seasoning" is used to indicate that the money has been in the account for a specified period of time. This is important when applying for extensions of stay at immigration offices in Thailand. For instance, when applying for an extension of stay based on a Thai spouse, you must have 400,000+ baht in a Thai bank account, and it must have been there for at least two months. Typically, when applying for visas at a consulate, when financial proof is needed, they do not insist that it has been there for a specified period. (An exception is applying for a multiple entry tourist visa where you must show the necessary bank balance over an extended period.)

• Like 1

Dear overherebc/ubonjoe,

I’m an unmarried father of 2 young Thai children currently on a single entry non 0.

I was planning to extend it to one year in Chaengwattana a couple of weeks prior to his expiry date on January 16. However I need to leave Thailand next week till next January, then back few days and leave again for a couple of weeks.

Can i still apply for an extension in the next few days, get a re-entry and collect the visa at my return in January before my second trip?

Furthermore, given that I have the funds and the fathership document from the court, what are the exact documents required for the extension? Given the lack of time i just want to make sure not to miss anything.

Please apology if that has already been answered before and thanks in advance for your reply.

P.S. I emailed Penang few months ago and they told me they would have only granted me a single entry non o visa given the circumstances and not a 1 year multiples entry one like i would have liked to.

Regards

Edited by kerr17

On 11/6/2018 at 4:42 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will still get Thai departure and entry stamps plus stamps to enter and depart another country.

Yes. On my third US passport since 2014.????
Bear in mind the second was a "temporary" replacement with fewer pages, and the "real" replacement was "free", within I think six months, and has more pages than the original.
It is a cool way to log your travels, I think.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:40 AM, clearmirror said:

So, do you get unlimited travel entries and exits inside the year? Do the pages get filled up with lots of Thai exit/entry stamps or do they just see that your have a 1 year visa.

I have one year O-A visa and I entered/exited Thailand 10 times this year. Three enter/exit stamps (square enter and triangle exit. Exit overlaps Enter) per page. 

I have another question for people who have used one year ME O visa. Do they ever stamp USED on that visa like they do in SE visa?

Edited by onera1961

2 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I have one year O-A visa and I entered/exited Thailand 10 times this year. Three enter/exit stamps (square enter and triangle exit. Exit overlaps Enter) per page. 

I have another question for people who have used one year ME O visa. Do they ever stamp USED on that visa like they do in SE visa?

Probably not as actually it can only expire not run out of 'uses'...

6 hours ago, kerr17 said:

Can i still apply for an extension in the next few days, get a re-entry and collect the visa at my return in January before my second trip?

Furthermore, given that I have the funds and the fathership document from the court, what are the exact documents required for the extension? Given the lack of time i just want to make sure not to miss anything.

You could apply for an extension now since they will accept applications up to 45 days early.

After the application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from that day. You can get a re-entry permit that for those 30 days.

Your children will need to be with you when apply.

It is hard to say what exactly will be required for an extension based upon being the parent of Thai since not many people apply for them. You will certainly need photos of you and the children together in and around the house with one of them showing the house number in it. You will need a letter from the bank confirming your account and the balance in it and copies of your bank book updated on the date you apply for the extension to prove it has been in the bank for at least 2 months.

Original and copies of their birth certificates and copies of their house book registries. 

Thanks.

Do you think both of them will be with me or just one would be enough?

Does their mother also need to be present? (I assume not since I have the custody).

What kind of letter do I need from the bank, is there a specific name for it?

Can the pictures be made now? At least the ones with the apartment number on it?

Regards

6 minutes ago, kerr17 said:

Do you think both of them will be with me or just one would be enough?

Does their mother also need to be present? (I assume not since I have the custody).

What kind of letter do I need from the bank, is there a specific name for it?

Can the pictures be made now? At least the ones with the apartment number on it?

You would only need one of your children with you and only their birth certificate and copies of the house book registry.

Their mothers presence is not required.

The bank will know what letter is needed. Most have a template for it. Most banks have branches on the ground floor of the building immigration is in where you can get the letter and bank book updated.

You can do the photos at any time.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You would only need one of your children with you and only their birth certificate and copies of the house book registry.

Their mothers presence is not required.

The bank will know what letter is needed. Most have a template for it. Most banks have branches on the ground floor of the building immigration is in where you can get the letter and bank book updated.

You can do the photos at any time.

Do i need to be in the house book registry? Cause I’m not.

Is the application form called TM6?

Thanks a lot again for your patience

8 minutes ago, kerr17 said:

Do i need to be in the house book registry? Cause I’m not.

Is the application form called TM6?

You cannot be shown in a blue house book. You could get a yellow house book but that is not required to apply for the extension.

The TM6 form is the arrival/departure card.

You will use a TM7 form. Download, complete and print two sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

- TM7 form
- kids birth certificate plus copies
- fathership document from the thai court plus copies
- tabien ban plus copies
- pictures of me and the kids at home included some with the apartment number on the background
- letter from international school that certify that I’m the one who’s paying their school fee
- letter from the bank with 400k for at least 2 months plus updated book bank and copies
- copy passports of the 3 of us
- my recent photos for the application.

That should be all I guess. What’s the best time to go considering that I’ll have to bring my 9 years old daughter with me and ideally I wouldn’t want her to lose a full day of school?

One last question.
Considering that my second flight is on the 8th of January, will I make it in time to get the visa prior to that date? Alternatively can I get a second re-entry and get it at my return by the end of January.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 minutes ago, kerr17 said:

Considering that my second flight is on the 8th of January, will I make it in time to get the visa prior to that date? Alternatively can I get a second re-entry and get it at my return by the end of January.

That depends upon whether your extension has been approved by then. If approved you could get a re-entry permit for your extension of stay.

10 minutes ago, kerr17 said:

How long does it normally take to be approved? A month?
To get a re-entry of my extension of stay would I need to get it at Chaengwattana?

They are normally approved within 30 days. That is the report back date on the under consideration stamp I mentioned earlier. If you will be leaving the country they could probably get the approval expedited.

You could get the re-entry permit at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

1 hour ago, kerr17 said:

But if I’ll get the visa at my return early January then I won’t need a re-entry since the 1 year extension is multy entry, am I correct?

To keep an "extension" alive, you need to purchase a re-entry permit.  Single re-entry permits are 1000 Baht.  A multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht.  You can purchase one at the immigration office just after receiving your extension, to avoid having to worry about it at the airport. 

Failure to get a re-entry permit would end your extension, as soon as you left the country.

To keep an "extension" alive, you need to purchase a re-entry permit.  Single re-entry permits are 1000 Baht.  A multiple re-entry permit is 3800 baht.  You can purchase one at the immigration office just after receiving your extension, to avoid having to worry about it at the airport. 

Failure to get a re-entry permit would end your extension, as soon as you left the country.

Ah ok so the re-entry need to be purchased after the extension has been approved and not once I submit the documents.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, kerr17 said:

Ah ok so the re-entry need to be purchased after the extension has been approved and not once I submit the documents.
Thanks!

Yes. 

I'm not sure if you can get a re-entry permit for an "under consideration" period, if you needed to leave and return during that time-period.  But, if so, it would only cover whatever "permitted-stay" was in your passport for that period - not the extension's "permitted-stay" time, which you get later, upon approval.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 11:44 AM, overherebc said:

Submit in the morning and pick up next afternoon so if heading back on pick up day make sure of flight times etc.

This is important, is it AM or PM pick-up because I'm working out if I can get the Hat Yai-BKK  train that night... Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

This is important, is it AM or PM pick-up because I'm working out if I can get the Hat Yai-BKK  train that night... Thank you. 

PM pick up. 2pm. The pick up is usually quite quick. Shouldn't take longer than 10/15 minures. The slip you have with the number on doesn't apply numerically, if you are number 50 you can still be there early and hand it in first, it just locates your passport in the pile.

Edited by overherebc