O visa Penang

I've been getting multi Os (married to a Thai) for years and this thread brought up something I'd never even thought of, namely getting an extension of 60 days on the end my final 90 day entry. I'm on my last stamp, which runs out in February, but my parents will be traveling in SE Asia in February and coming to see us briefly at the start of March, and then end of March I'll be flying to the UK (to do new passport, visa, among other things). I was thinking I'd go to Penang and come back in on the 30 day visa exempt stamp, but can I really just pop down to immigration when my current stamp is up and get a 60-day extension? That would be very handy. Usual docs?i.e. marriage cert. original and copies, house book, copies of wife's ID card, my passport and copies of main page, visa, stamp, passport photos... anything else? 1,900 baht, of course. Is this guaranteed? I ask because well before then I'll have to book my flight to the UK and if I can get this extension it gives me a bit more flexibility, say to fly in April rather than March since I'll have more time to play with. Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, fauxie said:

anything else?

Your wife will need to be with you.

The 60 day extension are routinely done at immigration. You should have a problem getting it.

You can apply for it a couple of weeks before your current 90 day entry ends.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Your wife will need to be with you.

The 60 day extension are routinely done at immigration. You should have a problem getting it.

You can apply for it a couple of weeks before your current 90 day entry ends.

No worries, I'll drag her along. That's great. Thanks for the confirmation. Just wanted to be certain, as I was imagining booking a flight to the UK in April, turning up at immigration late Feb. and having a problem and then finding myself in a bit of a tricky spot. If I go ahead of time as far as the end of this entry will the extension start from the day I go or be tacked on the end of the current entry?

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It will start from the end of your current entry.

Fantastic. Thanks again ???? This will make things far less hectic with my folks visiting and my trip back to the UK. I don't know why I'd never thought of it before, but maybe it's just that this kind of situation hadn't arisen.

On 11/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Only Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You need to show at least 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their registry in a tambien ban.

No need for proof of where you are living.

They also wanted a copy of GF/mother's Thai ID card and a copy of my (applicants) passport. Luckily the guy with the van outside was able to get me online and print out/photocopy the documents there (for 16 Ringgit). 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 6:41 PM, fauxie said:

Fantastic. Thanks again ???? This will make things far less hectic with my folks visiting and my trip back to the UK. I don't know why I'd never thought of it before, but maybe it's just that this kind of situation hadn't arisen.

There is one thing to bear in mind if you have not previously dealt with your local immigration office. I assume you are not staying in a hotel. Has a TM30 (notification of alien staying in the house) ever been submitted? The rules on this vary between immigration offices, but the notifications are generally a requirement one way or another, and some offices can be very difficult. Those who do not deal with their immigration office will typically not even have been aware of the requirement. If no TM30 has been submitted, you can expect a fine (often between 800 and 1600 baht). Most offices (apart from the fine) will expect a properly submitted TM30 before processing your extension. A few offices do not insist on TM30 notifications except from hotels so, if you are lucky, this may not apply to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 9:07 AM, BritTim said:

There is one thing to bear in mind if you have not previously dealt with your local immigration office. I assume you are not staying in a hotel. Has a TM30 (notification of alien staying in the house) ever been submitted? The rules on this vary between immigration offices, but the notifications are generally a requirement one way or another, and some offices can be very difficult. Those who do not deal with their immigration office will typically not even have been aware of the requirement. If no TM30 has been submitted, you can expect a fine (often between 800 and 1600 baht). Most offices (apart from the fine) will expect a properly submitted TM30 before processing your extension. A few offices do not insist on TM30 notifications except from hotels so, if you are lucky, this may not apply to you.

Cheers for the info. As it turns out, since we won't be having any kind of holiday or little trip for a spell of a good few months next year I think we'll be going to Penang for a few days in February so I'll just come back in and get the 30-day stamp ahead of flying back to the UK mid to late March (since I now have to be back by start of April anyway).

On 11/8/2018 at 1:02 PM, overherebc said:

Just for info, this is the 60 day stamp you get for 1900 baht at your local Imm' office.

Usually fairly quick process as well.

If you haven't done it before then ask your local office what they require.

Usually for me is original and copy of marr' cert, copy of my wife's ID ( both sides ) house book copy, TM 6 copy, picture of my ugly mug, copy of front page of passport and visa, 1900 baht and of course my passport.

Edit.

Forgot ???????????? my wife has to go with me. ????

20181108_125416.jpg

You can also get 60 days as the Father of a Thai child. Different offices require different documentation. Usually it's Birth Certificate + copy, Mothers ID card +copy, proof that your child is living with you. The child must accompany you to immigration. 

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I need a Non-O multiple entry (marriage), just need clarification in case there’s been any changes since this time last year; 400,000 baht still doesn’t need seasoning, is it still possible to let an agent do all the leg work?

cheers for any input 

12 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Hi all, I need a Non-O multiple entry (marriage), just need clarification in case there’s been any changes since this time last year; 400,000 baht still doesn’t need seasoning, is it still possible to let an agent do all the leg work?

cheers for any input 

No changes for the funds.

You may have to make an appearance at the consulate with the agent to submit the application.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

cheers for any input 

If you have 400,00Baht why not apply for an extension of stay? 

10 minutes ago, KarlS said:

If you have 400,00Baht why not apply for an extension of stay? 

Because I prefer to have a multiple entry, I can come and go as I often do without worrying about re-entry stamps and 90 day reports, 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes for the funds.

You may have to make an appearance at the consulate with the agent to submit the application.

Have you heard anything of them refusing the 12 month application and issuing 3 month visas instead? I have seen it mentioned once.

14 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Have you heard anything of them refusing the 12 month application and issuing 3 month visas instead? I have seen it mentioned once.

They do that sometimes for the first one. Mostly for those applying for the non-o based upon being he parent of a Thai.

• Like 1