Visa agents getting priority in Immigration .....Why ?

At the end of the day it probably works out quicker having an agent do 5 extensions rather than 5 people doing their own extensions, the agent will have all the required paperwork in order etc. If the agent wasn't there you would probably have ticket 21 rather than ticket 16. 

Yes, I understand that Peter ( and mentioned it in the OP ) but my rant is that they seem to be a law unto themselves.
I’m not sure if they even have a ticket as on my visit 2 weeks ago they clearly had an agenda of approaching the desk engaging the IO in an innocent question, sitting down and pushing their pile of passport/papers over the desk, much to the surprise of the farang being attended. This happened twice.

On my visit yesterday, two agents were occupying 3 desks and 5 farangs ( including myself) were forced to wait a long time before being attended.
  • Like 2

It's not always just the money. Some agents have  family connections with immigration officials.

I suppose there's the other factor of the agent's paperwork being in perfect order. That would get preference too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not always just the money. Some agents have  family connections with immigration officials.
I suppose there's the other factor of the agent's paperwork being in perfect order. That would get preference too.

Yes, that could be another reason.
Whatever the reason, it’s certainly being going on a while and seeing the smiling faces of both agents and IO’s is a win win situation !!

In Ayutthaya there is an initial desk in the “ lobby “ where an IO checks your paperwork ( and makes copies if necessary) before getting your ticket from the machine and entering the main room.
A good system, but obviously not good enough, the lobby is very small and becomes crowded quickly .
Sitting in the main room you can see people entering without getting tickets, of course they could have obtained tickets earlier and popped out [emoji51]
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think you`ve hit the nail on the head. For example, how does one become an agent? It`s definitely an old pals network.

Agents should be dealt with separately from those dealing directly with immigration. But as I see it, the system is being deliberately manipulation in favour of the agents and to push expats into using the agents.

• Like 1

I think you`ve hit the nail on the head. For example, how does one become an agent? It`s definitely an old pals network.

Agents should be dealt with separately from those dealing directly with immigration. But as I see it, the system is being deliberately manipulation in favour of the agents and to push expats into using the agents.

My thoughts as well.

Agents should have a dedicated desk, right now they appear when they want, approach any desk with a smile and get attended without a ticket ( or so it seems to me).

The money they make from farangs for their service must be very lucrative that they have a certain urgency to get back out there and “ fleece “ some more !! ( again IMHO).

28 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Agent's are there everyday for Thai's companies employing labour, expats are there once a year.

I would go agency if I could be given a price.

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Kwasaki, why don't you ring them up and ask?

I did just that and the Thaivisa centre agent would not quote because he said the price is up and down.

Ask for rough estimate and still wouldn't give an answer.

He asked what I have and then told me to stay on the 400,000 marriage or I would have to leave country to get a new non 'O' retirement visa. 

I told him I already have had a retirement extension on my 'O' visa before changing to marriage, he said I can't do that now.

So gave up. 

12 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I did just that and the Thaivisa centre agent would not quote because he said the price is up and down.

He asked what I have and then told me to stay on the 400,000 marriage or I would have to leave country to get a new non 'O' retirement visa. 

I told him I already have had a retirement extension on my 'O' visa before changing to marriage, he said I can't do that now.

So gave up. 

Have pm'd you some info, hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

So gave up. 

To be honest I don’t ( usually ) mind going to Immigration, Ayutthaya IO’s are friendly and efficient, it’s local for me ( 10 mins drive ) and close to the centre of town so usually visit Immigration coming to or going from somewhere.

Visa agents have a purpose and I understand many people use them, personally I have no need.
It’s the queue jumping and liberty taking aspect of it that I don’t like.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

i know, i know, compared to CM or Jomtien or Chiang Wattana i've got it good

Not sure what you think you know.

I get 90 day reports done in minutes (actually these days I just send someone to do this) and annual extensions have been amazingly quick and painless at Jomtien.

• Like 1

Not sure what you think you know.

I get 90 day reports done in minutes (actually these days I just send someone to do this) and annual extensions have been amazingly quick and painless at Jomtien.

Okay, sorry, looks like I got it 100% wrong with Jomtien , by the sounds of it they are very efficient as there must be a large number of farang in that area .

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

We are reasonably well recognised now and they sometimes look up and see some one who they think might have all the right docs and I have been beconned over.  No bribes but always polite and well dressed. They get my stuff rolling then return to the numbers.  So it can work both ways.   Reputedly in some places the agent's are actually employed by a company owned by local staff.  Some of us are waiting to see if BJ has heard about this and does any thing about it.  Of course it might not be true but TIT.  If it is true you will never beat them!!!

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, themerg said:

For my yearly retirement visa, I go to immigration with my visa agent  in their car,15 minutes and 1 photo for the immigration computer, then I go back to my visa agent to get my passport and then home. I spend 15 minutes in Immigration a year. I spend 1 hour with my visa agent a year. I do this by myself, I would be in Chiang Mai Immigration for 10- 20 hours a year. Immigration is a hot boring uncomfortable place.

Yeah but what's the cost I can"t get an answer from these agencys maybe because I live out the way. 

Edited by Kwasaki

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

So gave up. 

Tactic of sleaze ball. Beware. Leave that one alone. Find one with whom you share the basic ground rules of civilized business etiquette, such as they do not change the price after your passport is already in their hands and unretrievable without payment. All kinds of deeply sketchy agents. Choose wisely. Gut instinct, behavior, attitude, ethics. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, shady86 said:

You might want to report this to Big Joke. He will be your saviour.

I think you are saying this with tongue in cheek. Report this to big Joke, he then gets his publicity team with their cameras, down to an immigration office, stamps his authority on the Immigration officers, tells the Visa agents, stay away from this office or you will be going to jail.

Aye right.:cheesy:

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1