Terminal 21 Pattaya: Last call for all Eastern shoppers

snoop1130

Terminal 21 Pattaya: Last call for all Eastern shoppers

By The Nation

b93105133da41e569f2882cb59350b42-sld.jpeg

Pattaya rolled out the red carpet recently to welcome Terminal 21, the new shopping destination in the resort and the largest in Eastern Thailand, on the concept “The Whole World is Here”.

Actors Sukollawat “Weir” Kanarot and Praya “Poo” Lundberg joined the celebration, while “Hunz” Isariya Patharamanop, “Earth” Patravee Srisuntisuk, SB FIVE and “Atom” Chanakan Rattanaudom performed mini concerts.

Prasert Sriuranpong, the managing director of LH Mall & Hotel, the developer obehind Terminal 21 Asoke, Terminal 21 Korat, Fashion Island, The Promenade RamIntra, and Life Centre Q House Lumpini, said: “Pattaya welcomes more than 16 million visitors each year and generates Bt135 billion in revenue. Terminal 21 Pattaya is the latest project by Land and Houses in the regional market. The project size is 33 rai and the location is in the heart of Pattaya and is designed as a shopping terminal with a World Market Street style and around the concept “Happiness East”. The shopping complex offers everything for every lifestyle need. We are confident that it will become the new landmark of the East and expect to welcome more than 50,000 Thai and foreign visitors a day.”

Highlights feature floors modelled around major cities –Paris, London, Tokyo, Italy, San Francisco and Hollywood  with each city’s respective icons. They are all connected through a dazzling design. A real plane is parked in front of the shopping complex, on a 250metre runway next to a manmade beach with a jet bridge. Another highlight is the 39metre freestanding escalator connecting Level G – Paris and Level 2  Tokyo, which is the longest shopping mall escalator in Thailand. 

Terminal21 Pattaya is located near the Dolphin Roundabout on North Pattaya Road, accessible via three main routes: Pattaya Sai 2, North Pattaya and Pettrakul roads and is surrounded by the highest density of 4 or 5star hotels in Pattaya.

Find out more at Facebook.com/Terminal21Pattaya and Instagram.com/Terminal21Pattaya.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/lifestyle/30358623

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-15

2 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I apologise profusely if the manner I live my life doesn't fit to your perception of what I 'should' do. We eat out quite frequently, but a shopping centre food court would not even feature in our thoughts when we do. Neither would battling through the Pattaya traffic to get to T21.

I wasn't speaking only of the food court, of course. There are many restaurants there that are unique in Pattaya and I'm sure you can't cook all the stuff they have in them, not even close.

9 hours ago, Kim J said:

I apologise profusely if the manner I live my life doesn't fit to your perception of what I 'should' do. We eat out quite frequently, but a shopping centre food court would not even feature in our thoughts when we do. Neither would battling through the Pattaya traffic to get to T21.

" something most likely quicker and much better ourselves at home."

why go to any restaurant when your amazing chefs? strange comment to make without even going .  the sticky rice and smelly fish your eating right now would rate a 1 star compared to the lowly T21  food court 

2 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I wouldn't be so sure I could agree, the other half used to run a restaurant with her friend, she can cook all manner of things to an excellent standard, and not only Thai.

Regardless of content or quality of food I just find the whole experience of visiting such large shopping centres objectionable, always have done and suppose I always will.

That's fine but I think you're fooling yourself just a bit. 

1 hour ago, Kim J said:

I haven't been and have no intention of going. These places hold absolutely no attraction for me at all, shopping is a chore, and it will never become a pleasure, I have much better things to do with my time than waste it wandering aimlessly around shopping centres.

LOL> If you'd eaten the meal I ate there on Monday, you'd be praising the place. You have better things to do than eat good food and you find eating a waste of time. You're a strange one. One of the attractions of this mall is the choice of restaurants.

You shouldn't make comments about places you haven't seen or experienced. I've only been there 4 times.

Terminal21 Pattaya is located near the Dolphin Roundabout on North Pattaya Road, accessible via three main routes: Pattaya Sai 2, North Pattaya and Pettrakul roads

Define 'accessible'..... I went to see the Mall last Friday and traffic was awful. I was on a bike and the security were sending them into an area completely full. 

There are 7-8 Malls already in Pattaya and a couple of those are usually empty. 

People park kerbside on all those roads and moving at weekends is slow. 

Lots of naysayers on here, but I visited a couple of days ago and thought it was great. Similar to the T21 in Bangkok but not a copy by any means, and with more floor space to play with. Seemed to be many people (tourists and locals, and families too) taking selfies. Not necessarily a destination for shopping, but definitely fun to wander around, and a huge selection of restaurant choices aside from the food court (which is crazy cheap). Check it out, if only for the theme bathrooms and authentic Japanese toilets. 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Highlights feature floors modelled around major cities –Paris, London, Tokyo, Italy, San Francisco and Hollywood  with each city’s respective icons.

I bet the 2000 residents of the city of Italy, Texas are delighted to be celebrated in a shopping mall on the other side of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy,_Texas

Or maybe they just mean the country of Italy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kim J said:

I wouldn't be so sure I could agree, the other half used to run a restaurant with her friend, she can cook all manner of things to an excellent standard, and not only Thai.

Regardless of content or quality of food I just find the whole experience of visiting such large shopping centres objectionable, always have done and suppose I always will.

I like dry aged beef for burgers.  I know where to buy it.  But the cost is quite a bit more than I would spend at a restaurant in Terminal 21 after I pay for delivery and make the buns and so on.  I'm also an open minded individual and don't have any axes to grind so I'll try Terminal 21 after the traffic dies down a bit.  I like looking at all the people and the ambiance of a new mall.  When I first moved to Toronto they didn't have any supermarkets.  All the food was sold from little shops.  The butcher and baker and green grocer.  My shirt and suit maker kept life size busts of me to make my new clothes.  Things change.  One can embrace the changes and remember the old times with fondness or become a whinging person. 

4 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Or simply continue to live my life in a manner that I chose and enjoy, rather than how others tell me I should be doing it?

Maybe you like looking at people and shops? I do not. But please feel free to continue, because whilst you are all crowded in your shopping centres you will not be around annoying me at what ever I might be doing.

I think you opened yourself up to criticism when you posted, " haven't been and have no intention of going. These places hold absolutely no attraction for me at all, shopping is a chore, and it will never become a pleasure, I have much better things to do with my time than waste it wandering aimlessly around shopping centres." 

Hence bashing a place you have never been and have no intention of going.  Why would you think anyone would be interested in such an uneducated (person having no direct knowledge of the subject) opinion?

13 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Maybe before calling others uneducated, you would do well to read and digest all of my posts here. Just because a person doesn't like going in shopping centres it does not stop or preclude them from having an opinion about what is going on in the area. I am not criticising those who get pleasure from T21, why do yourself and others see the need to be critical of me? Other than my opinion differs to your own? I have plenty of experience through my life that has formed my own opinion thank you, and every one of these places are pretty much the same as another, despite the name on the front.

Because you are trying to convince others not to go to a place (by posting negative information) you have never been to.  At least go to the place once and then tell us about your experiences.  I wouldn't read your other posts because you have a closed mind and post opinions based on your prejudices rather than experience.   

Edited by marcusarelus

1 minute ago, watcharacters said:

Please tell us about the food court and mention if it's different than other mall food courts.

TIA

Yes it's different and better.

Very low cost

High quality (mostly)

Some choices you don't usually see in food courts (such as shrimp woonsen  pot)

Usually ample seating and views to boot

The only downside I see is I wish there were more vendors.

• Like 1