Jack Reacher: With Tom Cruise out, who will play the action hero next?

snoop1130

Jack Reacher: With Tom Cruise out, who will play the action hero next?

by Clémence Michallon

vxdsfvdrf.jpg

screen grab from independent.co.uk

Tom Cruise is out as Jack Reacher – so who will play the action hero in a forthcoming reboot?

With author Lee Child telling BBC Radio Manchester that the Mission: Impossible actor, "for all his talent", didn't have the right "physicality" to play Reacher, it appears a spot has opened for the new TV adaptation.

When Cruise was first picked to play Reacher, which he has done in two movies, some complained that the Hollywood actor wasn't the right choice.

Reacher is described in Lee's books as being a 250-pound blond man standing at 6ft 5in tall, with hands the size of dinner plates or Thanksgiving turkeys, and knuckles like walnuts.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/jack-reacher-tom-cruise-height-tall-short-actors-tv-series-who-next-films-a8635761.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Steven Seagal, surely you jest. Comes from the Easter Island school of acting and can barely tie his own shoe laces these days.

A couple of years ago (ok, maybe decades) he was not too bad.

And sorry, I have no idea about that school. Is it important?

How about someone who is actually 6 foot 6? 

And can put butts in the seats. Tom was good for the franchise; without him the films would not have been made at all. Find a tall enough actor and he'll be unknown or have the acting chops of Seagal. Maybe Pixar can make the next Jack Reacher film, after all he is a fictional cartoon character at heart.

• Haha 1

Sounds like we're looking for an ex NBA star with acting chops....

Although, now that I think about it, ex NFL star and NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp is a suitably big sized guy and quite a character on TV with a big personality... I think he'd be good in the role....  Plus, he could REALLY use the money....

659884871_2018-11-1710_30_44.jpg.bba843a37bb992b04a9ad684c185e214.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Just now, owl sees all said:

First thought was Wayne Rooney. But, then I was thinking maybe he can't act. So my choice is Nicholas Cage.

Have you seen anything good with Nick lately? Mostly straight to DVD fodder. He's jowly and over the hill.

• Like 1