Two Panthongtae associates face arrest after skipping country before indictment hearing

snoop1130

Two Panthongtae associates face arrest after skipping country before indictment hearing

By The Nation

912afe7d0e87d05b0f75bdcd3a4c777f.jpeg

Two co-defendants in a money-laundering case against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s son Panthongtae face arrest warrants after they failed to meet public prosecutors as summoned.

The Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases endorsed a Department of Special Investigation (DSI) request for arrest warrants on Monday after Kanchanapa Honghern and her husband Wanchai were found to have left the country, DSI director-general Paisit Wongmuang said yesterday.

He said the couple had been summoned by public prosecutors to hear a decision whether to indict them on October 31 but they failed to show up on that day. 

Public prosecutors then asked the DSI to find the two suspects for legal prosecution. Authorities later found that the couple left for Hong Kong on October 5.

Paisit said the DSI would track down the current whereabouts of the couple. It would then be the duty of the Attorney General’s Office to request their extradition from the country involved, he added.

Kanchanapa, previously the personal secretary of Panthongtae’s mother Khunying Pojaman Na Pombejra, and Wanchai were charged along with Panthongtae with money laundering for receiving cheques in connection with the Krungthai Bank loan scandal.

On October 10, Panthongtae was indicted for obtaining a cheque for Bt10 million that was part of Bt10 billion in loans that the property group, Krisada Mahanakorn, had obtained dishonestly from the state-run bank when his father was serving as prime minister.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30358726

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-16
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Paisit said the DSI would track down the current whereabouts of the couple. It would then be the duty of the Attorney General’s Office to request their extradition from the country involved, he added.

That's a laugh,,, what about all the others who left the country  before they had to face the court of law,,, :cheesy: 

50 minutes ago, Artisi said:

He is waiting for mummy to show him how to find his way to the border.... 

he would need someone to hold his hand as well, waiting for him to start crying when he doesnt get his way

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, seajae said:

he would need someone to hold his hand as well, waiting for him to start crying when he doesnt get his way

yep, the poor little bugger will never play rugger

he's insufficiently strung

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Telling us how things work, thanks Paisit. You can sit down now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I prefer all of them in jail i see no reason why if he is corrupt he should escape a jail sentence.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sure don’t we all prefer to see all corrupters in jail. Unless the institutions that served as watchdogs against corruption are independent and not compromised, we may perhaps see that happening. Don’t see that in the inforeseeable future. 

Sure don’t we all prefer to see all corrupters in jail. Unless the institutions that served as watchdogs against corruption are independent and not compromised, we may perhaps see that happening. Don’t see that in the inforeseeable future. 

I agree and like you i dont see it happening as long as the junta, democrats,PTP are not gone. These have proven to be in it for the money and won't change things that could harm their efforts to enrich themselves.

That said i see no reason to let him escape justice just because others did. By doing so everyone can say dont jail me because (insert a name) did not go to jail.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I agree and like you i dont see it happening as long as the junta, democrats,PTP are gone. These have proven to be in it for the money and won't change things that could harm their efforts to enrich themselves.

That said i see no reason to let him escape justice just because others did. By doing so everyone can say dont jail me because (insert a name) did not go to jail.

How many of their ilk have actually spent 5 minutes behind bars - - correct none, much easier all round to assist in their flight from justice and then claim a Sgt Schultz - I know nothing.. 

9 hours ago, thaichiro said:

Solution, take the passports when arrested then send pictures and descriptions to all exit ports. Any immigration officer found complicit in helping any fugitive escape must serve mandatory 10 year sentence and lose all government benefits. 

Actually, a better guess that the Junta authorities truly don't want to grow through all this BS and aggravated notoriety - just apart of the extended theatre that they like to present. 

More than likely seeking a hefty payout, upon prosecution - seized assets, floating cash, etc. 

No ethical or political causes that apply.....only scamming profit motive.

Probably already creating scenarios for his passage. Leaving a couple of backdoors open. 

An exiled martyr is much easier to deal with than one who is physically present.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:01 AM, Eric Loh said:

Allow those Shin corrupters to leave the country while non Shin corrupters and uniforms can stay. 

Those in power always look after their own and persecute the opposition Eric. Exactly the same as when the Shins were running the place.

• Like 1