Being finned for 10000BHT

Jannet

Hi all,

I am from Malaysia and we are bunch of female riders who like to ride to Thailand often. Recently we have a bad news on one of our female rider that upon entering she was rejected by custom and fined for 10000bht, reason being she did not pass up the temporary import and export form during last exit, which is not true as we did enter together and what the process we undergo were all the same but hers. 

I will be entering Thailand next month and is there anyone in Thailand help me to call up Thailand Custom +66-2667-6000, +66-2667-7000 and ask about the details that will my bike be fined (bike number plate W7079P). My confident is a little affected towards Thailand Custom where this kind of error can happened. I tried to called up but they do not understand what I am saying and I do not speak Thai.

I have taken my bike abroad a few times. If I recall, this is the yellow copy that you hand in at Thai Customs upon re-entering Thailand. It is the last thing you do and then you are on your way. Normally Customs just chuck it in a basket. I assume when they have a batch, the information that the vehicle has re-entered Thailand is entered on the computer. I often thought the system was ropy and had great potential for the yellow bits of paper to be forgotten about or blown away leading to the situation detailed by the OP.

The only thing I can think of is a copy of your passport showing re-entry but that of course is not proof that the vehicle re-entered Thailand. There would be an immigration record of the vehicle re-entering Thailand as it is necessary for the vehicle, as well as the person, to undergo immigration procedures.

I had this same thing happen to me a few years ago but unfortunately I was guilty. This was my second time taking my bike from Thailand to Cambodia and on returning I saw that there was no one in the customs office, it being around noon, so I just went on through thinking my bike is already registered in Thailand. No problem going through but the next time in about three more months when I attempted to cross again I had to pay the 10,000 baht fine. In their defense it is stamped in red on the copy that they hand you, failure to get readmitted is a 10,000 baht fine. Now I make sure that I get my bike stamped out at Thai customs and no more problems. 

OP is talking about taking a Malaysian bike to Thailand and back, while people who answer here write about taking Thai bike to another country and back.

I think you should ask this in a Malaysian forum, i think the chance will be higher to find somebody who was in your situation before.