POTY

grollies

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

Jag has not been nominated yet.

And I am sure he will be. Rightly so. However I was talking about the Right Choice, the best choice. The poster who flew back yesterday and survived both seat 34H then spent 9 hours on a bloody train in 3rd Class being quizzed by Pattani seperatists...

Just now, baboon said:

And I am sure he will be. Rightly so. However I was talking about the Right Choice, the best choice. The poster who flew back yesterday and survived both seat 34H then spent 9 hours on a bloody train in 3rd Class being quizzed by Pattani seperatists...

But he must be the right choice, you nominated him last year.

12 minutes ago, baboon said:

Really? Can you do that?

Not that I give a toss, but can you stand by for 10 minutes before replying?

Yes of course you can like your own posts on f/b, but I've never known anybody but a Thai that does it.

I honestly think if you moved your politics a little to the right you would stand a better chance of achieving the ultimate accolade of the year as POTY.

36 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The pickings are so slim this year I think it's time that the rule against repeat winners be rescinded.

:hit-the-fan:

Aye, right, so's we can go all through the petulant jerry-mandering nonsense of yesteryear.  
I second the proposal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Rumor is there will be a 9th dot awarded to the winner this year. Unprecedented in all of forumdom.

Whoa 9 .! Geronimo will surely have a say on that .. Where is he anyway and has he got the gig for the commentary this year .. 

On 11/18/2018 at 11:14 AM, grollies said:

@tutsiwarrior is wondering where everyone has gone. I've only seen two or three posts from last year's winner @transam

The most exciting post recently was the outrageous price of bread in 7/11.....I'm voting for him.

Bluesofa .? Yea I'll go with that .. And Darcula is another as some of his stuff is outrageously funny and worthy of a nomination onto any list of runners .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, baboon said:

Even more to the right? I think you will find my avatar identifies me already as centre ground but slightly left-leaning. A moderate, in short.

Meanwhile, you can like your own posts on Facebook, can't you? I just checked. Jesus, just how narcissistic can people be..?

Steady... sailing close to the wind there...

Let's keep that sort of discussion to another forum

14 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

What was your favourite POTY competition?

Can you remember which was which?

To the tune of "Common People" by Pulp...

"Does it all seem such a blur?

Was it him or was it her?

Did they flounce off in the huff

Crying "I have had enough"

At the start of December?
I can't remember..."

Maybe Transam can fill us in, if that's not inciting violence...

SC

I can sing that to incite violence....????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Business class is the way to go mate so long as you're bourgeois and capitalist enough to pay for it .. 

Nah. My suffering is your reading pleasure.

I can't lose, can I? My supporters feel sorry for me and my detractors get a bit of satisfaction at the thought of the food cart slamming into the back of my seat every 5 minutes. Then there was that idiot woman who thought my seat back would make an excellent inflight exercise machine....????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BB1 has dropped away and Marko is in hiding. Andy D has run back to England but fasteddie and chickenlegs continue to make us laugh.

If there was a poll for best thread (TOTY) of the year then '7 eleven rant' would take it IMO. Although I've 

forgotten a lot of the other gems.

Therefore it's bluesofa for the title. A worthy winner he would prove to be too. 

What year was the 'poison brother in law' topic? Another outstanding thread.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Therefore it's bluesofa for the title. A worthy winner he would prove to be too. 

A good nomination, but not the best one you could make. Just saying...

When does POTY kick off in earnest and how long will I have to wait to receive the title...?

• Haha 1