55,000 police to guard 200 Loy Krathong venues nationwide

webfact

Interesting that the other main headline is about substance abuse.

They are not allowing under 20's to frequent these venues so what used to be a family affair has turned into a free for all with alcohol ???

I'm totally lost to their thinking here.

By the way Mr Plod, driving under the influence is an offense at ALL times

18 hours ago, mok199 said:

This is overkill ...I wonder if they know something they are not releasing...

Big Joke spotted a German on 3 years overstay , it's top secret but his officers are aware and ready . 

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, wgdanson said:

And where are all these policemen when we need them, 65000 all told. (Wonder what the 10,000 on standby will be doing) 200 venues. Do the mathS yourself......OK a lot will be at the 'major' venues. But I guess someone has to arrest the drunk drivers and gun shooters.

3 of them are patrolling my soi to make sure none of those dangerous food vendors reappear 555

• Haha 2

After our friends went home last night we drove up the road to our friends beer bar to see the festivities to be told the BiB told the owner no beer drinking allowed..????

Anyhoo, she gave me a beer but had to put the bottle under the table and the glass out of sight. Whilst sitting there 4 cops with flashing red batons walked by searching for naughty drinkers.

I found it very strange that with all the crowds of folk walking in the street they did sod all to stop kids belting around on scooters which was obviously dangerous.....

• Like 1