Change from "Non O" - retirement to "Non B" and getting employment - please advise.

I have a "Non O" with retirement status, report every 90 days.

Offered a job, need to change to "Non B" then apply for a work permit.

Agents advise that I need to leave the country, get a tourist Visa, then leave a second time with the work permit details / paperwork, then I can obtain "Non B" with "work permit".

Happy to go out twice, is there anybody who has followed this path?

Many thanks, hope you can advise.

In my view, the Tourist Visa step is unnecessary. I once changed from a Non-B Extension of Stay (Retirement) to a Non-B (Employment). I had to leave the country, but only once. Have you checked with your Immigration Office ? That agent might be just trying to sell you an extra visa trip.

9 minutes ago, allane said:

In my view, the Tourist Visa step is unnecessary. I once changed from a Non-B Extension of Stay (Retirement) to a Non-B (Employment). I had to leave the country, but only once. Have you checked with your Immigration Office ? That agent might be just trying to sell you an extra visa trip.

The problem is being able to get a work permit application approval letter that embassies and consulate require to issue a non-b visa for working (not needed for teaching). Most work permit offices will not accept a work permit application with an extension of stay based upon retirement.

Many people have had to leave and re-enter the country to get a tourist visa or visa exempt entry to do it.

On 11/19/2018 at 8:05 PM, ubonjoe said:

The problem is being able to get a work permit application approval letter that embassies and consulate require to issue a non-b visa for working (not needed for teaching). Most work permit offices will not accept a work permit application with an extension of stay based upon retirement.

So if someone is here on a tourist visa, and has just been offered a teaching job, are the options:

a) leave the country and apply for a new non-B visa but no need for the WP letter, just the job contract and letter of registration of the school and degree certificate?

b) do what is required in step 6 of this (https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73) before the tourist visa has less than 15 days left? Is 6.4 "An employment certification form (Labor Department Application Form)" the same as the letter saying a work permit application has been submitted?

Edited by sussex
clarification

9 hours ago, sussex said:

b) do what is required in step 6 of this (https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_73) before the tourist visa has less than 15 days left? Is 6.4 "An employment certification form (Labor Department Application Form)" the same as the letter saying a work permit application has been submitted?

Yes it is.

But 5.5 and 6.6 cause some people problems when they do the application.