November 20, 20187 yr I would do it by that film that is not too dark for inside viewer but it is very soft reflector (mirror) for heat from outside. Driver and passenger side a bit lighter than rear.
November 20, 20187 yr I've seen cars and trucks fitted with curtains !....someone should make a high tech LCD smart auto adjust/preset day or night window film.
November 20, 20187 yr I recently had to replace my windshield film and I wanted 40% tint but they didn't have it so I went with the 60%. It is OK and I can see good at night time and yes it does cut down the glare in the day time. It will also help to preserve your interior from the harsh daytime sun.
November 20, 20187 yr Had tint fitted free to my windows when I bought my Jazz new back in 2015. Had 20% tint to windscreen and front door windows and 40% for the rest. Absolutely no problem with driving at night.
November 20, 20187 yr 5 hours ago, Henryford said: I hired a car a while back which had dark film on the windows. Driving at night was really scary, i could hardly see around me. In the end had to drive with all the windows wound down. You must have made lots of mossies happy.????
November 20, 20187 yr 4 hours ago, HHTel said: There is a law in Thailand restricting the use of tints but looking around it's obvious that it's not or rarely enforced. I took my tints off last year when visiting Malaysia. I did intend replacing them but I haven't and never looked back. My advice would be to remove them permanently. Malaysia are quite strict as Thailand should be. I am really surprised that Thailand is not strict about blackened windows. Just imagine Farangs driving without blackened windows at tea money time.????
November 20, 20187 yr 2 hours ago, The Theory said: I would do it by that film that is not too dark for inside viewer but it is very soft reflector (mirror) for heat from outside. Driver and passenger side a bit lighter than rear. But illegal!
November 20, 20187 yr My Ranger had film all round, could not not see anything at night, upgraded light bulbs to see f that did anything, useless !! So i just peeled off the windscreen film, it comes off fairly easily. night. vision is perfetc now, the side windows are still covered etc.
November 20, 20187 yr My 4 year car at home use vkool. Around 5k baht and still use it till now.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
November 20, 20187 yr 7 hours ago, HHTel said: There is a law in Thailand restricting the use of tints but looking around it's obvious that it's not or rarely enforced. I took my tints off last year when visiting Malaysia. I did intend replacing them but I haven't and never looked back. My advice would be to remove them permanently. Malaysia are quite strict as Thailand should be. I was so angry that grade 60 tint had been fitted to my ladies new Attrage , because of the dangerous severely restricted vision I requested that they replace it with a 20 but they said they do not have 20 here , only 40 . I contacted Mitsubishi customer service head office in Bangkok & no satisfaction so I wrote to HQ in Japan and whilst they sympathized with me they stated that there was no law on grades of windscreen tint in Thailand . So HHTel If you know different please advise me . I ended up taking the car to a smaller outfit to remove & replace with a 40 at my ladies request . The ladies get a sense of security as they cannot be seen by either road rage drivers or possible criminals at traffic lights etc . I am still not happy with the 40 especially driving on unlit roads with the idiots who drive without any lights . I liken it to wearing sunglasses at night and driving , your vision is only 60% ???? .
November 20, 20187 yr On 11/19/2018 at 6:25 PM, fakename said: Ive seen post, that claim that they can see through the dark film at night! Maybe they have better eyes than me! The film on my side windows is very light, but Im still thinking of changing it for even lighter. Im sure people that have near black film, think they are so cool, but............ V-kool tint film is almost transparent with good infrared rejection. Had them for more than 10 years and they are still going strong. Pricy though. Edited November 20, 20187 yr by Ctkong
November 20, 20187 yr 3 hours ago, superal said: I was so angry that grade 60 tint had been fitted to my ladies new Attrage , because of the dangerous severely restricted vision I requested that they replace it with a 20 but they said they do not have 20 here , only 40 . I contacted Mitsubishi customer service head office in Bangkok & no satisfaction so I wrote to HQ in Japan and whilst they sympathized with me they stated that there was no law on grades of windscreen tint in Thailand . So HHTel If you know different please advise me . I ended up taking the car to a smaller outfit to remove & replace with a 40 at my ladies request . The ladies get a sense of security as they cannot be seen by either road rage drivers or possible criminals at traffic lights etc . I am still not happy with the 40 especially driving on unlit roads with the idiots who drive without any lights . I liken it to wearing sunglasses at night and driving , your vision is only 60% ???? . I tinted mine with a 20 on both front and rear screens. Front Side windows had the 40 and rear side window had the 60 . Works for me.
November 20, 20187 yr 4 hours ago, superal said: I was so angry that grade 60 tint had been fitted to my ladies new Attrage , because of the dangerous severely restricted vision I requested that they replace it with a 20 but they said they do not have 20 here , only 40 . I contacted Mitsubishi customer service head office in Bangkok & no satisfaction so I wrote to HQ in Japan and whilst they sympathized with me they stated that there was no law on grades of windscreen tint in Thailand . So HHTel If you know different please advise me . I ended up taking the car to a smaller outfit to remove & replace with a 40 at my ladies request . The ladies get a sense of security as they cannot be seen by either road rage drivers or possible criminals at traffic lights etc . I am still not happy with the 40 especially driving on unlit roads with the idiots who drive without any lights . I liken it to wearing sunglasses at night and driving , your vision is only 60% ???? . I can't find the letter of the law on any official site. However, it's mentioned in numerous forums and newspaper articles. It appears that the law states 40% on the front and 60% on side and rear. Everything I've read agrees that the law was passed in 2012 so nothing new. Incidentally, the Mitsubishi dealer I go to in Cha-am (where I had my tints removed) told me that by law he can't fit any darker than 40%. So the law is known by some!
November 20, 20187 yr I'm confused with all these percentages ... I always thought that they were Visible Light Transfer (VLT) so a 20% film would only let 20% of the light through (and be dark) and an 80% film would let 80% of the light through (and look much lighter)...but all the above seems to be the exact opposite ... can someone please explain
November 20, 20187 yr Yes it is confusing and terminology is different depending who you're talking to. Basically, here in Thailand, when they talk about 40% tint, it means that 60% light visible and so on.
November 21, 20187 yr There just maybe a clue or indicator as to why Thailand is the number one country in the world per capita for road traffic deaths , reference OTT windscreen tinting as an example , not the main reason for sure but it typifies the lack of - responsibility / accountability , due care and attention by Thailand's motorists afforded to other road users . As for drivers who think they are safe and capable driving with a grade 60 film on their windscreen , they must have vision beyond belief . Why is installing above a grade 20 tint illegal in the USA & UK ? To HHtel . thanks for your reply , however as Mitsubishi told me , there are no tinting laws in Thailand , maybe guidelines or recommendations but no laws , unless you know better which is not the case at the moment .
Create an account or sign in to comment