Trump stands by Saudi prince despite journalist Khashoggi's murder

webfact

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

You're misinformed. The house was a national election. The senate races were only in a limited number of states, mostly right wing ones. The house actually tells the national state of mind. Not the senate. You're confusing impeachment with investigations. The house has a lot of power in doing investigations and oversight of the president. "trump" has a current approval rating of 38 percent in a recent Gallup poll. That's not 50 percent.

I may be misinformed, possibly even ignorant. The house managed to gain a few seats, the Trump party increased their hold on the senate.

The fact that huge swathes of the US are right wing and ultra right wing and that this non centralist position deturmines the views of most people

will always mean that from now on, the US cannot be trusted to be moderate. The country relies on arms exports, politicians are owned by arms exporters,

and the US loves to create wars to support this industry.

So you will always get a wringing of hands but in the end (to get back on topic) the US will kow tow to Saudi Arabia.

All about 400 billion dollars, not murder of a journalist that opposes the views of most US citizens that can actually get off their butts and vote.

• Like 1

I think this topic is closed. The US, Japan, China, Korea, Australia South America, Europe ad nauseum relies on the heavy oils, if not the light fuels from Saudi Arabia.

The barbaric murder of the journalist is just an expression of moslem attitudes, non tolerance and attitudes.

Saudi lets women drive now. Wow, how progressive. Pakistan considers not circumsizing the womans clitorus. Wow, how liberating.

Bokal harem considers not kidnapping and raping children. Wow, how very just of them. Please get real, it is not the murder of one person, it is

the systematic abuse of antone who does not kow tow to moslem ideals

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

I think this topic is closed. The US, Japan, China, Korea, Australia South America, Europe ad nauseum relies on the heavy oils, if not the light fuels from Saudi Arabia.

The barbaric murder of the journalist is just an expression of moslem attitudes, non tolerance and attitudes.

Saudi lets women drive now. Wow, how progressive. Pakistan considers not circumsizing the womans clitorus. Wow, how liberating.

Bokal harem considers not kidnapping and raping children. Wow, how very just of them. Please get real, it is not the murder of one person, it is

the systematic abuse of antone who does not kow tow to moslem ideals

5555... that is hilarious... maybe you failed to notice SA systematically abuses non-wahhabi Muslims as well...? 

10 hours ago, mikebike said:

5555... that is hilarious... maybe you failed to notice SA systematically abuses non-wahhabi Muslims as well...? 

SA and all muslim countries systematically abuse everyone that opposes them. (or their culture)

The murder of the journalist is how SA deals with any opposition.

Please name a single muslim country that is stable, tolerant, allows education to all, treats all women with respect and not paternalism.

Education (and I mean all education, not banging your head on the ground whiist you incant religious propaganda) exposes extreme

Christian and muslim lies about the world and the reason why religions exist in the first place.

The murder of the journalist was about stopping the spread of truth. It will eventually come back at SA, not because the US forgives them,

but because more in the Kingdom are getting to know and understand the abuse that is muslim 

13 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Please name a single muslim country that is stable, tolerant, allows education to all, treats all women with respect and not paternalism.

Let’s not limit it to Muslim countries... Can you name any non Nordic country which fits your criteria?

9 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Let’s not limit it to Muslim countries... Can you name any non Nordic country which fits your criteria?

Most of Europe to start with. There are laws that protect freedom of religion, tolerance, true education to all, respect of women. 

Not all the subjects of these countries have the same view. But the law is in place and in the end, education will win the day.

Australia, to which I am a citizen has possibly the most liberal (in the non political sense) and ethnically diverse culture in the world.

We are coming to grips with inviting some to our country that have exploited the hospitaity shown to them by invoking the extremes of Islam.

Which is what this post is all about. Intolerance.

Aussies are sick and tired of hearing Alluha el akbha or words to that effect. 

These extremists do no good to the thousands who have come to a tolerant country to get away from the loathsome situation they were in. 

I live in Thailand now and have seen the money poured into the south of the country, so that insurgeants can kill teachers and doctors.

Don't preach to me about Nordic Idyllics. You promote terror by refusing to not tolerate terror, and the nasty Nordic chap who murdered heaps in a terrorist attack that murdered many. Your high horse is tottering.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Kiwiken said:

Saudi Arabia is One of the biggest exporters of Terrorist dogma and propaganda. SA funds Islamic School Worldwide which promote violence. SA oppresses its own people and enforces the most draconian of Sharia law. Stability in the ME you make a deal with the devil and hope for heaven.

This is a so called Thai forum and I choose to live here with all the trials and tribulation that one can expect.

So my post is on behalf of the mostly poor and lovely Thai people. 

Thai people do not react in the same way that most non tolerant countries do.

So the systematic murder by muslims of teachers, doctors, nurses, police, military and the ordinary civilian in the south of the country

did not raise the retribution that most other countries would dish out. I do not know what the Thai government did

but thankfully, murder and mayhem in this part of the country has mostly ceased.

My scant information points to SA as promoting the murders a few years ago.

My information is obscure, but the blame for all the deaths can be laid at the feet of the lovely, tolerant ideology that Islam is.

As we say in my country. "Lest we forget"

1 hour ago, tumama said:

Syria. Before the civil war that is.

Brunei is another enlightened Muslim country which protects all women and children, has a good education system and has no ambitions such as SA has.

It is stable and the countries leader, Hassanal Bolkiah, GCB GCMG is the 29th and current Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei.

There is no income tax and once a year every citizen has the right to go to his palace and seek an audience with him.

There are four government-run hospitals in Brunei, one for every district. There are also 16 health centres and 10 health clinics.[6]

Healthcare in Brunei is charged at B$1 per consultation for citizens[7] and is free for anyone under 12 years old.[7] A health centre run by Brunei Shell Petroleum is located in Panaga. For medical assistance not available in the country, citizens are sent overseas at the government's expense.[8] In the period of 2011–12, 327 patients were treated in Malaysia and Singapore at the cost to the government of $12 million.[9]

I spent a month there working back in the 1990s and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

1 hour ago, tumama said:

Syria. Before the civil war that is.

Yes and possibly Iraq before the war. And possibly India whilst GB administered it.

One thing I can be assured of is that there currently are no great academics from Syria on the world stage.

There has been no hospitality as they wage war on their own countrymen. (and use bio/chemicals against civilians.)

And raise an army to oppose the government of Syria. Such good governance would never occur if this was such a good free loving country

who the population thought fit to rule them.

I mention Iraq because before their war, it was ruled with ruthless efficiency by a totalitarian. As was Syria.

As is Russia. Totalarianism has its place in ignorant countries where there is a need to rule over an ignorant population.

I mention India because it is still in the throes of change.

It is the worlds largest democracy, totally unlike Russia, China or the US.

8 minutes ago, chingatumadre said:

No, the blame can be laid at intolerant people who make up the majority of the U.S population. I wonder how you would feel if a foreign nation bombed you with drones and invaded your country. Oh the hypocrisy. Now why not get back to accusing the Russians for what you do all the time; meddling. 

"Lest we forget". That's funny. Whatever happened to 9/11, never forgive, never forget? Right back are we in supporting Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups. Syria and Russia wants to wipe them out in Idlib, but the U.S warns them not to do that. So much for never forgive and never forget. 

I am not sure if US ever invaded SA and SA is what this this topic is about. 

"Lest we forget" is about the millions who have died, representing their country for the total good of all.

It is not about the US who entered the first world war when it was almost won.

I never mentioned the US before this. The topic is about the way SA reacted to a journalist who dared to criticise his own country.

As for Russia, their own despicable acts speak for themselves. Take it up in a ''lovely place to be a neighbour with" forum

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, notaduplicate said:

I very much doubt Syria used chemical weapons against anyone. They had no motive to do so whatsoever. Regardless, that's not what the topic at hand was. Syria was a secular society before the civil war where women could dress as they pleased and were free to attend universities just like women in Europe. 

You might criticize Assad for not being very democratic. But with hindsight are the Syrian people better off living under Assad or under ISIS and other Al-Qaeda leadership? 

Speaking of ignorance. Are you perhaps American? Because how democratic is the U.S? Where you murdered your own president and killed 3000 of your own people on 9/11.

Tin foil hat time (again). :coffee1:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Brunei is another enlightened Muslim country which protects all women and children, has a good education system and has no ambitions such as SA has.

It is stable and the countries leader, Hassanal Bolkiah, GCB GCMG is the 29th and current Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei.

There is no income tax and once a year every citizen has the right to go to his palace and seek an audience with him.

There are four government-run hospitals in Brunei, one for every district. There are also 16 health centres and 10 health clinics.[6]

Healthcare in Brunei is charged at B$1 per consultation for citizens[7] and is free for anyone under 12 years old.[7] A health centre run by Brunei Shell Petroleum is located in Panaga. For medical assistance not available in the country, citizens are sent overseas at the government's expense.[8] In the period of 2011–12, 327 patients were treated in Malaysia and Singapore at the cost to the government of $12 million.[9]

I spent a month there working back in the 1990s and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Yes, I visited Brunei just the once on a stopover to Hong Kong (in the 80's) (Cathay) The stopover was for one hour so my wife and I went to the transit area to stretch our legs.  Big mistake. Armed guards marched me off to pat me down. My then wife was subject to bigger indignities as female Brunei migration staffed explored her cavities. I will never go back to Brunei. Being an oil rich muslim country does not make the persons who administer law in any way human.   Go ask a citizen of Kuwait