Fast-entry online visa system for 20 nations launched at Thai airports

Fast-entry online visa system for 20 nations launched at Thai airports

By The Nation

evisa.jpg

Picture: evisathaland.com

Immigration Bureau acting commissioner Pol Maj-General Surachate Hakpal on Wednesday officially launched the e-Visa on Arrival (E-VOA) system that is expected to cut visa processing time to as little as one minute.

Surachate presided over a ceremony to launch the new system, which has been used on trial basis at Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports since November 15.

The launch ceremony was held at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

Surachate said the new system has been available at Phuket International Airport since Monday, will be adopted in Chiang Mai on November 26 and to Krabi soon after, he said.

Surachate said the new system was launched under the concept of “Fast & Convenient Entry to Thailand”.

He said the system is to be targeted at citizens of Taiwan and 20 countries. Passport holders from those countries can register their request for a visa on arrival in advance at www.evisathailand.com.The request can be made 30 days in advance or at least 24 hours in advance.

Once the tourists arrive at the airports under the E-VOA system, they can show their passports at specially marked counters to obtain a visa in just one minute, rather than a one-to-two hour wait, said Surachate.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30359015

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, taichiplanet said:

so visa in one minute but still lined up at "special" counters for 2 hours.

Interesting list of countries it is available to, and only 16 on the website so far.

Users submit an on-line application in advance of their arrival, then line up on arrival, if already approved all done in 1 minute, next please.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Interesting list of countries it is available to, and only 16 on the website so far on the selection screen though it shows 20 when you look at the html.

Best way to spike up the numbers again is to bring back any kind of "-nese" ???? 

Edited by Sp4wnY
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Interesting list of countries it is available to, and only 16 on the website so far on the selection screen though it shows 20 when you look at the html.

Andorran, Bhutanese, Bulgaria, Chinese, Cyprus, Ethiopian, Fijian, Indian, Kazakh,
Latvia,
Lithuania, Maldivian, Mauritian, Papua New Guinean, Romania, Sammarinese,
Saudi Arabian, Taiwanese, Ukrainian, Uzbek

Yes its another nothing annoucement. I bet half of the expats here have never heard of a lot of those major countries!! ????????????????????????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Andorran, Bhutanese, Bulgaria, Chinese, Cyprus, Ethiopian, Fijian, Indian, Kazakh,
Latvia,

The list is all the countries that will spend loads of money in Thailand. Whoever came up with this must be a genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lupatria said:

Be patient and wait for tomorrow's TAT press release stating tourist arrivals doubled over night and a NIDA poll says 90 % of the Chinese plan to visit Thailand within the next two month.

and spend 1000000 baht each, daily

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Once the tourists arrive at the airports under the E-VOA system, they can show their passports at specially marked counters to obtain a visa in just one minute, rather than a one-to-two hour wait, said Surachate.

Meanwhile, expats with a "paid for re-entry visa" will wait longer because IOs will be transferred to the "specially marked counters" to take care of the freeloaders.

Although, if the Chinese are back in their droves, I'm not sure I'll bother with a re-entry visa.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Meanwhile, expats with a "paid for re-entry visa" will wait longer because IOs will be transferred to the "specially marked counters" to take care of the freeloaders.

Although, if the Chinese are back in their droves, I'm not sure I'll bother with a re-entry visa.

I hate to think a few extra minutes at the airport upsets you so much.

Oh wait, it's the Chinese thing isn't it?

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

Latvia,

Probably the countries that least people come from to visit Thailand 

1 hour ago, Knocker33 said:

When I arrived back last week it was fast track anyway. The airport was dead, through immigration in record time of 5 mins. About 4 people queuing in every booth and not a Chinese in sight.

Wish i could have said the same for a couple of Sundays ago 4 pm arrival from Sydney 

Me and every other person on the planet queuing up awaiting half staffed and certainly half hearted immigration officers.

nearly 2 hours to get through !

2 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I have noticed a precipitous drop in Bhutanese tourists compared to previous years. Way to jump right on it and get this problem sorted!

You are right! Did not see only one Bhutanese in Chiang Mai yesterday.
No Ethiopian or from San Marino either. Or do the last ones look like Italians ?
So I might be wrong... ????????????

• Haha 1