Prawit attacks ex-NCPO member for ‘defecting’

webfact

Prawit attacks ex-NCPO member for ‘defecting’

By THE NATION

8bb0ce32cc2a8481e277dff2a5d9359d.jpeg

DEPUTY PREMIER Prawit Wongsuwan yesterday described a retired senior military officer joining a new anti-junta political party as “ungrateful” and “a chameleon”.

General Prawit, who is also defence minister, hit back at General Yossanan Raicharoen, who had earlier criticised the ruling junta, for applying to join the Thai Raksa Chart Party. 

Thai Raksa Chart is dominated by politicians from the previously ruling Pheu Thai Party and is viewed by some political observers as having strong links with fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who has also been critical of the junta.

Prawit said yesterday that he found it “strange” for Yossanan to criticise the ruling National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) even though he worked for it before retiring.

“He had been with us all along. Then he suddenly attacked the NCPO. He has clearly forgotten the kindness he received [from us],” Prawit said at the Defence Ministry.

Prawit added that while Yossanan was with the junta, he “supported it well” and yet he has changed. When asked if the general-turned-politician had “changed his colours like a chameleon”, Prawit responded: “Yes, just like a chameleon.”

Meanwhile, Thaksin lobbed a thinly veiled attack against Prawit in a Twitter message yesterday, saying: “Military officers who volunteer to work in politics in a straightforward manner deserve more praise than those who gain power through a coup. Don’t you think so, Pom [referring to the defence minister by his nickname]?” 

On Tuesday, Yossanan said he had applied to become a member of Thai Raksa Chart, because it held the democratic ideology. 

“Democracy is really important these days. It can help Thailand move forward, help the economy grow and improve the well-being of the people. 

“I would like to call on all military officers to stand by the people. It’s no longer time for dictatorships to rule the country. The lesson we learned over the past four years after the coup shows that the country has not progressed, people are suffering and the economy has stopped growing,” Yossanan said.

In response to Prawit’s labelling him “ungrateful”, he said he did not want to counter-attack, adding “I believe people will understand”. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30359056

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-22

As much as i applaud Yossanan saying the right things now, I do think Prawit has a point when he asks why he kept his mouth shut for the last few years, don't think I can recall Yossanan saying anything explosive in the last 4 years anyway while the NCPO has been bashing on with its deeds.

Prawit is the lowest of the low undoubtedly, but he needs to tread carefully here, he is a liability and his rantings to the wrong people (former high ranking ones who will know some dirt undoubtedly) could bring some very uncomfortable truths to the fore in the election run up.

This Yossanan guy I hope doesn't become another Seh Daeng, at least in the way he ends up when it's all said and done.

Sure the guy has no morals but neither does the junta. Most politicians dont have morals here.

But it is funny how people criticize PTP defectors but hail junta defectors.

Also funny that Prawit has no problems with PTP defectors going to his side. They are all so bias and in for the money.

I have no problem this guy switching sides nor with PTP defectors. I would never trust people like that as it looks as if they do anything for some money.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, harada said:

"I would like to call on all military officers to stand by the people ", and I'm sure that they will be at the ballot boxes, "assisting" them.

...under the bright eyes of 'election observers' from China, Papua New Guinea, and the Marshall Islands.

• Haha 2

...tweeting from a remote location...???

...why...???

...out of concern for the Thai people...???

...sitting on a mountain of funds....???

...ill-gotten...???

...a fugitive from the law...???

...and pretending all these people...turncoats....and anyone else he can lure... are 'volunteering'...???

...the Thai people should wake up to what a vile...deceptive character he really is...???

...the only thing he ever volunteered was to take away trillions from the Thai people...???

...just asking....

2 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

He's taken it very personaly. People are entitled to change their views.

And that's exactly what it's all about.

Who here hasn't changed their political views / party support over the years? I remember jumping up and down when Gough Whitlam and Labour got voted in '72. But 3 years later, I couldn't wait to see the back of the bastard after his arrogant "nothing will save the Governor-General" attitude. 

Often, people who say that they're diehard supporters of "so and so" just don't read about or listen to other points of view.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

General Prawit, who is also defence minister, hit back at General Yossanan Raicharoen, who had earlier criticised the ruling junta, for applying to join the Thai Raksa Chart Party. 

Perhaps General Youssanan feels a moral obligation to support Democracy as opposed to 'over-throws' and is lending his support for a future Thailand without coups?  Revolutionary idea, 'eh?

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Sure the guy has no morals but neither does the junta. Most politicians dont have morals here.

But it is funny how people criticize PTP defectors but hail junta defectors.

Also funny that Prawit has no problems with PTP defectors going to his side. They are all so bias and in for the money.

I have no problem this guy switching sides nor with PTP defectors. I would never trust people like that as it looks as if they do anything for some money.

You recognize the reality Rob - they're all the same as one another, just picking the side that they think will give them the best chance of self enrichment. 

Whereas, sadly, some still like to pretend that PTP, and it's new splinter parties, are different and that their owner is pure as the driven snow!

The scourge of corrupt family political clans who have no morals, no shame and feel totally entitled.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, connda said:

Perhaps General Youssanan feels a moral obligation to support Democracy as opposed to 'over-throws' and is lending his support for a future Thailand without coups?  Revolutionary idea, 'eh?

If he felt any moral obligation he wouldn't likely join the side headed by a corrupt criminal. Unless you think kleptocracies are acceptable as long as those thieving get voted for?

You recognize the reality Rob - they're all the same as one another, just picking the side that they think will give them the best chance of self enrichment. 

Whereas, sadly, some still like to pretend that PTP, and it's new splinter parties, are different and that their owner is pure as the driven snow!

The scourge of corrupt family political clans who have no morals, no shame and feel totally entitled.
Indeed i used to think there were good sides but now i see them all for what they are.

I have some hope for the future forward party. But i certainly would not bet my life on it.

But i know 1 thing all the old parties and junta are all the same. All in it for the money.