Noisy Bird

rvdk

I have got a problem with the Asian Koel bird, they start shoutomg from 4am till 6am, what helps to let them not come back to the tree. I have found some products online, the Bird Repellent Scare Bird Owls, Bird Blinder Reflective Hanging Owl. Someone knows what to do? 

• Haha 1

Can't do much, the Koel is related to the Raven/Crows spices and is a very smart bird, lucky us that they are a seasonal migrating birds coming from the north to make our live miserable but will go back in 3-4 months...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have the same problem, with coco bird living in my neighbours tree. After i got a new AC, which is completely silent, it has become a problem during the morning hours. The old AC made a constant smooth sound that neutralized all other noise. So now i downloaded 6h waterfall sound that i listen to after my 3 am piss. Still, i can't hate that coco, i appreciate the sound of nature in central Bangkok. Had it been car noise, i would have left the place.

I feel your pain, sometimes the one around my house sounds off at 0130, 0330, 0500, don't mind the daytime but at night it's pretty annoying. It's not like it's a pleasant call either.......and the decibel level is up there also. I tried a green laser a couple of times, shining it into it's eyes, hit or miss whether it was working. I do have a drone I send up sometimes to scare it away but it takes a few minutes to get it up in the air, plus at 0130 I don't really feel like getting up to get the drone up and out. If I could find/buy an air rifle here I would take it out. I'm sure the wife could turn it into some kind of soup/curry, win win all around!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

I feel your pain, sometimes the one around my house sounds off at 0130, 0330, 0500, don't mind the daytime but at night it's pretty annoying. It's not like it's a pleasant call either.......and the decibel level is up there also. I tried a green laser a couple of times, shining it into it's eyes, hit or miss whether it was working. I do have a drone I send up sometimes to scare it away but it takes a few minutes to get it up in the air, plus at 0130 I don't really feel like getting up to get the drone up and out. If I could find/buy an air rifle here I would take it out. I'm sure the wife could turn it into some kind of soup/curry, win win all around!

Except for the poor bird.????

4 hours ago, themerg said:

Stop acting like a child. Stop trying to scare and/or hurt the bird.

The problem is YOU, not the bird.

Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if folks didn't feel it necessary to make remarks like this over such a non-provocative posting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Except for the poor bird

If you were getting woken up every night at 0130, 0330, and 0530 you might feel differently. I love nature and all types of animals but it's not an endangered species so I have no qualms taking it out. If I could catch it I'd be glad to send it to you so you could enjoy it's melodic call every night.....all night, and adjust to sleeping in the daytime. I can't really put into words just how obnoxious this bird is; you've got to experience it up close to get the full impact. 

• Like 1