Traffic jams at the BTS

Till

Lately, i took BTS daily and train stopped because of high traffic (including weekends). That means you are stuck inside the train waiting for it to move. Exactly the same sh*t you get when you are bellow. So annoying!! TIT!!

Edited by Till

Which line are you using? (Green, Blue or Purple)

The "high traffic" announcement is the default for "there are delays" whether these are technical issues or someone has fallen off the platform.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

That is transporting in a major city, Seoul subway map:

seoulsubway.jpg

And this is a toy-train:

btsmap.jpg

It is truly incredible. Yet some people seem to think it is a fantastic service. They struggle to manage two lines with about 30 stations, and still cannot put in the most basic of things such as adequate ticket machines. Just look at Asoke on a daily basis. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

It is truly incredible. Yet some people seem to think it is a fantastic service. They struggle to manage two lines with about 30 stations, and still cannot put in the most basic of things such as adequate ticket machines. Just look at Asoke on a daily basis. 

You must not have been to many major cities in the world with train transportation.  Asoke really?

Maybe because it is a major connector to the MRT and a huge/popular business area.

Also, why don't you buy the pre paid pass then you don't need to use a machine?

Duh.

Safe travels...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You must not have been to many major cities in the world with train transportation.  Asoke really?

Maybe because it is a major connector to the MRT and a huge/popular business area.

Also, why don't you buy the pre paid pass then you don't need to use a machine?

Duh.

Safe travels...

I rarely ever use the BTS thankfully, and of the many major cities I have been to, the BTS is the worst. 

On 11/27/2018 at 2:26 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Was in Bangkok in June and absolutely fed up.

Must be 10 or more years ago when you could easily enter a train and maybe even find a seat.

Last time i used the skytrain there were no seats in it! They took them out to stuff more people in....terrible....won't use them anymore.

• Confused 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:21 AM, josephbloggs said:

I think you're mistaken, there have been no seats removed on the Skytrain.

They have removed seats in a couple of sections of the MRT carriages though.  Most people stand anyway so as long as it is limited to small sections in the middle carriage (as it is) I don't see a big deal.  They already do this in Singapore, in Shanghai and probably lots of other countries too.  

You are still free to go in the end carriages and stand next to some seats if you so wish.

But if it's going to stop you using it then there's a bit more space for me, thanks.

Yes you can have the whole skytrain or mrt...i don't like it anymore.

In Singapore i got smashed by the closing door....it beeped once that the train was going to leave, me and my wife run, wife was in but the door closed very fast smashing me onto a kid in a pram which was waiting there with mum.....lucky i didn't fall full on the kid, only touched her a bit but she started crying and i felt guilty....i asked mum if she was alright and waited for the next train. Pfoehhh. Won't rush again there.

• Sad 1

"Must be 10 or more years ago when you could easily enter a train..."
Nonsense, why do posters keep saying things like that?  Trains are easily entered anytime outside peak hours, and getting a seat is not uncommon!
I very much doubt they actually use the service!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

The beeping is to tell you not to run, that the doors are closing.  I am glad that you have learned, and perhaps your experience will help others here learn how to use the train.

I think everybody from Thailand should be warned for the traindoors  in Singapore....they close much faster, no warnings plus they are very powerfull and close at high speed....nothing like those in thailand.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I think everybody from Thailand should be warned for the traindoors  in Singapore....they close much faster, no warnings plus they are very powerfull and close at high speed....nothing like those in thailand.

No warnings?

"In Singapore i got smashed by the closing door....it beeped once that the train was going to leave"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

That is an old map, Tao Poon, Samrong and the purple line isn't on it

Thanks for the correction.

I had some problems to get an up-to-date map.

BTS homepage uses Adobe Flash (!) to display a map.

But even with the additions still a long way to a mass transport system for a multi million metro area.

They're not overcrowded or jam packed at off peak times except perhaps at certain interchange stations!
Between Asoke and Siam can be chaos especially weekends

What happened? Was there a population explosion in bangkok? It was never like that years ago