U.S.-Mexico border crossing closed after migrant protest halted in Tijuana

webfact

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

You do understand why they're entering the US by caravan, don't you?  How you or I would seek asylum isn't particularly relevant. 

[For her, however, the caravan is about safety in numbers.

Drug gangs and corrupt government officials are known to prey upon Central American migrants in Mexico. There have been robberies, kidnappings, even massacres. The route north is especially dangerous for women. According to Amnesty International, 60 percent of migrant women and girls from the nations of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are raped while migrating.]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/migrants-say-the-caravan-is-the-safest-way-to-get-to-the-us-for-asylum?ref=wrap

Maybe the women are raped by people from the caravan. How can a stranger walk into a caravan camp and rape some one. Would be all but impossible huh.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems many in America would do well to read the Pledge of Allegiance. Here is Red Skeltons remarks in the House, Flag Day 1972, on what it means to him ...

And justice—The principle or quality of dealing fairly with others

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

Doubt he had the use of tear gas and rubber bullets against women and children in mind.

Nietzsche.jpg

32 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Maybe the women are raped by people from the caravan. How can a stranger walk into a caravan camp and rape some one. Would be all but impossible huh.

Did you read the article?  It says these people are traveling by caravan to avoid being attacked if traveling in small numbers. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

According to Amnesty International, 60 percent of migrant women and girls from the nations of Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are raped while migrating.]

57 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Did you read the article?  It says these people are traveling by caravan to avoid being attacked if traveling in small numbers. 

I read 60% are raped well migrating. Nothing was said about in a caravan ot out of a caravan. So very possible that stat includes caravan rapes  and people going alone or in small numbers.

When some one can show the stats for caravan versus others the 6o% can easily relate to caravans.

To think other wise is nieve.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Seems many in America would do well to read the Pledge of Allegiance. Here is Red Skeltons remarks in the House, Flag Day 1972, on what it means to him ...

And justice—The principle or quality of dealing fairly with others

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

Doubt he had the use of tear gas and rubber bullets against women and children in mind.

Women who are not 'stupid' are still at home with their children..... It is well publicised by mexican news as well as other outlets......... that the caravans are a VERY HEAVY majority MEN.... NOT women and children..... There are women and children in the groups for sure, but they are being USED by the others (Men) to 'Hide Behind'....... 

And you swallow their tactics hook, line and sinker when your concentration is on... as you say:  "Doubt he had the use of tear gas and rubber bullets against women and children in mind."

What mother in her right mind???????? is going to take her children to the 'front lines' ??????????????

The Mayor of Tiajuana made the news with "Many in the caravan were arrested for 'use and posession' of Marijuana"......

I suppose you would like to get them out of jail and to the head of the line so they could become your new neighbors ( and steal you blind to support their habits).......... BE CAREFUL that you DON'T get all that you wish for....... LOL ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

And also......... 'Good folks' who want something....... SAY Please........ They DON'T walk up to your table and say "I want your sandwich"..... and push you out of your chair........ That is what these people are doing NOW....... 

What...... Can you guess????? .... Will they Do?????? .....after they get asylum and become our neighbors???????

Edited to add..... In the US we already have TOO MANY of that type of people (and seems most of them like to wear 'HOODIE' sweatshirts..... LOL..... (can you see 'that picture?)

Edited by sawadeeken
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

The Mayor of Tiajuana made the news with "Many in the caravan were arrested for 'use and posession' of Marijuana"......

I suppose you would like to get them out of jail and to the head of the line so they could become your new neighbors ( and steal you blind to support their habits).......... BE CAREFUL that you DON'T get all that you wish for....... LOL ....

Neighbors who smoke marijuana. Too horrible to contemplate. It's like the USA is turning into...Colorado. It's Reefer Madness come true!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Women who are not 'stupid' are still at home with their children..... It is well publicised by mexican news as well as other outlets......... that the caravans are a VERY HEAVY majority MEN.... NOT women and children..... There are women and children in the groups for sure, but they are being USED by the others (Men) to 'Hide Behind'....... 

And you swallow their tactics hook, line and sinker when your concentration is on... as you say:  "Doubt he had the use of tear gas and rubber bullets against women and children in mind."

What mother in her right mind???????? is going to take her children to the 'front lines' ??????????????

You are so right.

In America and other civilized countries mothers who put their children at such risk would have them taken away and become wards of the State. So here we have women who show the world they are not  any where near a good parent wanting to come to America to practice their poor parenting skills or give their children over to the system.

Edited by lovelomsak
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lovelomsak said:

You are so right.

In America and other civilized countries mothers who put their children at such risk would have them taken away and become wards of the State. So here we have women who show the world they are nor any where near a good parent wanting to come to America to practice their poor parenting skills or give their children over to the system.

Lots of very ignorant and self-rigteous people out there.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/09/mothers-explain-fleeing-honduras-with-children/12423979/

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/world/americas/mexico-trump-caravan.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/06/central-america-border-immigration/563744/

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/25/why-families-flee-central-america-united-states

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

You are so right.

In America and other civilized countries mothers who put their children at such risk would have them taken away and become wards of the State. So here we have women who show the world they are not  any where near a good parent wanting to come to America to practice their poor parenting skills or give their children over to the system.

Good point ! A DHS moment! Hey who knows ,they could be facing charges for  child neglect in Mexico!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The only bad thing that is happening at the border between Mexico and the US, is a large group of people from other countries trying to enter the US illegally.  If I were trying to seek asylum, I certainly wouldn't join a few thousand people and try to rush the border.  

I hope border security uses copious amounts of chemical agents and rubber rounds to stop this senseless invasion.  If they don't halt this assault on the US border decisively, others will follow and turn the US into a third world country.

"Central Americans Among Millions Who Want to Come to U.S."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/244655/central-americans-among-millions.aspx

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

There are women and children in the groups for sure, but they are being USED by the others (Men) to 'Hide Behind'.......

So ... at what percentage of women and children compared to men is it OK to tear gas and shoot with rubber bullets ?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

• Thanks 1

Best get on with that wall Mr Trump, if only to stop your paramilitary goons with itchy trigger fingers from firing baton rounds and lobbing tear gas at people who are, after all, in a foreign country.

Sadly it is only a matter of time before one of those fellows in a black balaclava (must be jolly uncomfortable in the heat of the Mexican border) loses his cool and either has a ND (negligent discharge) or looses of a burst of 5.56.mm to "warn them".

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

So ... at what percentage of women and children compared to men is it OK to tear gas and shoot with rubber bullets ?

Inquiring minds want to know ...

At what ever percent it becomes..... in my opinion.......... Sometimes you must do what you must do...... As our military is doing....... If moms protected their kids it wouldn't be necessary...... When moms put their kids at risk the soldiers can only do so much...... I didn't hear news of a single kid shot...... I don't believe that any of our men would target a kid...... And the tear/pepper gas is not leathal....... So what are you going on about??????? did you hear something that I didn't?????? I didn't hear of a single child that was targeted, did you ???? please Quote it if you did....... The women are not 'Good women" when they subject their child and are in about the same catagory as women who give their children to their partners for sexual pleasures........ That happens too don't you know???? and these women are just as 'vile' and will use some of you excuses to justify what they do..... Can you see the comparison to what I am describing...... KEEP YOUR KIDS OUT OF HARMS WAY, DON'T PUT THEM IN HARMS WAY.....

Edited to add....... DON"T mistake me for a trump supporter...... I AM NOT...........

Edited by sawadeeken
add a line
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Tear gas a chemical weapon can be used lawfully by a law enforcement agency!

"U.S. agents fired tear gas at a group of migrants on Sunday as they tried to cross into the United States from Tijuana, Mexico".

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/25/670687806/u-s-agents-spray-tear-gas-at-migrants-briefly-close-tijuana-border-entry

CBP - It is the mobile, uniformed law enforcement arm of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), a component of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With 19,887 agents, the Border Patrol is one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the United States.

"Tear gas was first used in World War I in chemical warfare, but since its effects are short-lasting and rarely disabling, it came into use by law-enforcement agencies as a means of dispersing mobs, disabling rioters, and flushing out armed suspects without the use of deadly force".

"Chemical Weapons Convention: Aims and terms of the treaty
…example, riot-control agents such as tear gas are prohibited as a method of warfare, but they are permitted if designed strictly for law-enforcement purposes".

https://www.britannica.com/technology/tear-gas

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Best get on with that wall Mr Trump, if only to stop your paramilitary goons with itchy trigger fingers from firing baton rounds and lobbing tear gas at people who are, after all, in a foreign country.

MR. JAG.......... May I point something out to you that I think you seem to be unaware of....... At many borders of many, or most countries around the globe....... the border consists of, what I seem to recall, is known as 'NO MAN'S LAND'..... THAT IS A FEW HUNDRED FEET ON EACH SIDE OF THE ACTUAL BORDER LINE that is considered by each country as neutral territory, and therefore not Mexico nor USA ---- It is  'NO MAN'S LAND'...  So to 'correct your story our troops WERE NOT shooting at people on Mexican soil (another country)........... Check it out if you don't believe ME............

Similaly...........Airports have similar  'NO MAN'S LAND'.... If you fly from Japan to San Francisco and not clear US Customs and Immigration, but connect to a flight to Germany (a simple example) then you have NOT been in the USA at all........ You just made a 'temporary stop in  'NO MAN'S LAND'

Edited to add....... DON"T mistake me for a trump supporter...... I AM NOT...........

Edited by sawadeeken
add a line
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

At what ever percent it becomes..... in my opinion.......... Sometimes you must do what you must do...... As our military is doing....... If moms protected their kids it wouldn't be necessary...... When moms put their kids at risk the soldiers can only do so much...... I didn't hear news of a single kid shot...... I don't believe that any of our men would target a kid...... And the tear/pepper gas is not leathal....... So what are you going on about??????? did you hear something that I didn't?????? I didn't hear of a single child that was targeted, did you ???? please Quote it if you did....... The women are not 'Good women" when they subject their child and are in about the same catagory as women who give their children to their partners for sexual pleasures........ That happens too don't you know???? and these women are just as 'vile' and will use some of you excuses to justify what they do..... Can you see the comparison to what I am describing...... KEEP YOUR KIDS OUT OF HARMS WAY, DON'T PUT THEM IN HARMS WAY.....

I believe from sources that the Military wasn't involved, they are only there logistically unless they are attacked then the MP's will use guns to protect them, if necessary   The CBP are the one's using deterrents 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

MR. JAG.......... May I point something out to you that I think you seem to be unaware of....... At many borders of many, or most countries around the globe....... the border consists of, what I seem to recall, is known as 'NO MAN'S LAND'..... THAT IS A FEW HUNDRED FEET ON EACH SIDE OF THE ACTUAL BORDER LINE that is considered by each country as neutral territory, and therefore not Mexico nor USA ---- It is  'NO MAN'S LAND'...  So to 'correct your story our troops WERE NOT shooting at people on Mexican soil (another country)........... Check it out if you don't believe ME............

Similaly...........Airports have similar  'NO MAN'S LAND'.... If you fly from Japan to San Francisco and not clear US Customs and Immigration, but connect to a flight to Germany (a simple example) then you have NOT been in the USA at all........ You just made a 'temporary stop in  'NO MAN'S LAND'

I am well aware that, in some but by no means all international borders, there is sometimes a strip of land in between the border markers. That strip of land still belongs to one or other, or is divided between the neighbouring countries. One (or both) just chooses to set their physical markers/fenced back from the actual border.

The status of transit passengers at an international airport is totally different - governed by International convention - and completely irrelevant to the matter.

There now, and I didn't have to shout once!

Wow there are some really (not allowed to say) people here it is not ok to shoot women and kids EVER it is a crime even in times of war it is murder the problem can be solved it takes courage and leadership sadly lacking at this time how about this make it legal to apply for asylum from your home country that way a potential immigrant could stay at home dodging drug gangs their young daughters could dodge the gangs to!!I doubt many of the (not allowed to say)people here would have the courage to make the journey to try to give there kids a chance at a life vett thease people if it’s bs send them home if it’s valid welcome them and put them to work!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2