31 booths at fair warned about excessive noise levels

snoop1130

31 booths at fair warned about excessive noise levels

By The Nation

d429ebd111201b6504ac346336b51140.jpeg

Thirtyone vending booths at the “Thai Red Cross Fair 2018” have been warned after making too much noise during this year’s event, Pollution Control Department (PCD) chief Pralong Damrongthai said on Monday.

The annual charity event, which features a large number of sales booths, is being held at Bangkok’s Lumpini Park from November 23 to December 1.

The PCD, along with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and related agencies, has formed a noisecontrol committee to conduct random tests to ensure that noise is kept under 80 decibels, and to authorise and appropriately adjust sound systems at booths.

This is stricter than the previous maximum rate of 82 decibels because the fair this year is located close to communities, hospitals, hotels and schools, Pralong explained. 

The committee’s random tests on 76 booths during November 2325 detected noise ranging from 60 to 100.5 decibels at the fair, and so a warning was given to the 31 offending booths.

If a booth receives three warning letters during the event, it will be immediately banned from using any soundamplification system for one evening.

The executives of the agency or company that runs the stall in question would be summoned to acknowledge the noisedetection results, before its permission to use a sound system was revoked, he added.

This year marks the 125th anniversary of the Thai Red Cross Society, and the fair – held under the theme “125 Years of the Thai Red Cross Society, Bringing Together Hearts for Beautiful Giving” – was moved this year to Lumpini Park, as it offers improved access for the public.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359342

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-26
  • Haha 1

Getting noticed is huge  ,and what better way than with volume ....but if you have ever asked a Thai to lower the volume ,you know they don't take criticism well...foam ear plugs and a nightime ''sleep sound machine''( sold on Ebay) are my salvation to this insanity of loud scooters and the 5.30 chicken seller with his bicycle horn...zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by mok199
  • Like 2

It is a shame the government do not practice what they preach, e.g. the concerts on third road which is located in a built-up residential zone yet open air concerts are permitted at way over the top sound levels. When the X-ite building was there the government ordered the place closed until they had installed suitable sound protection, yet now with no building in place they have opener concerts until 02:30hrs with noise levels way above recommended levels, I suppose local government officials don't live in the area and have to endure the noise.

• Like 2

A typical rock concert would be in the area of 110 dB SPL (Sound Pressure Level) to get that funky feeling of punch and bass, up to 120 db at front, whilst modest 100 dB in areas with the reduced sound covering; the last depending of used so-called FOH – i.e. "Front Of House" – PA, some system like "Turbosund Flash Light" could distribute high SPL at back of a stadium; and use of so-called "delay towers", additional speakers half way down the audience.

I've got a feeling that Motörhead played louder than that, I've heard a ringing tone ever since...????

birthday parties, wedding parties, house warming parties, graduation parties, privbate parties, village parties, xyz parties, always equipped with a ton of loudspeakers audible for miles and the bass nearly destroys your diaphragm ... and not tuning down or stopping at midnight

Renting out those noise machines is a good business

Many people suffering - including the revellers - I wonder why nobody does something to stop this madnes

• Like 1