Copy shop next to Jomtien IO is "certifying" Income documents

2 minutes ago, johng said:

Where did they move to ? last time I went looking they weren't where they used to be so assumed they had closed.

200 mtr further up. ,past nickys. towards pattaya thai.   cheap, can recommend.     google.   

• Like 1

The same shop has offered relatively high rates for other things.  They can get your "Non-O stamp" done, etc. 

I'm not sure why immigration would accept something that pays them less than the usual "agent sponsored" extension - but maybe they are creating a "middle-ground" for those who actually have the valid income, but will be locked-out of using it by the embassy-letter issue.

The Soi Bukow prices are usually reported as the lowest, but leeway to shave off the retail-price depends on how much of that quoted 10K must be passed to immigration in a brown-envelope.

Edited by JackThompson

41 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Report from a fellow expat is that the copy shop next to Jomtien IO is charging 10 thousand baht to "certify" your income documents.

What does it mean by certify? Who are they? Are they authorized by immigration to check your documents and certify? Is it acceptable to immigration (with other random backup proof of course, I guess). If it is acceptable to IO, and not approved by immigration, I guess anybody can certify and you can do a self-certification also. 

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

The same shop has offered relatively high rates for other things.  They can get your "Non-O stamp" done, etc. 

I'm not sure why immigration would accept something that pays them less than the usual "agent sponsored" extension - but maybe they are creating a "middle-ground" for those who actually have the valid income, but will be locked-out of using it by the embassy-letter issue.

The Soi Bukow prices are usually reported as the lowest, but leeway to shave off the retail-price depends on how much of that quoted 10K must be passed to immigration in a brown-envelope.

exempt or tourist visa,  convert to non-o then retirement, [15 mths stamp] 21,500.

tick tock charges 25k for the same.  

retirement only 12,900.  or 15k @ tick tock

I will check about this new service,  good news if it exists,

HTH

1 minute ago, onera1961 said:

Yes, what was the standard procedure in those days and when did embassies start issuing income letters?

According to many oldtimers (I am not one) they simply took your word for it that you had enough income.

9 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

And yet there is an entirely official copy/photo stand inside Immigration that charges a lot less for copies etc. than the ones immediately outside do.

And yet the shop outside is full of people making copies (and taking photos). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

The copy shop is OWNED by Immigration personnel. That is almost common knowledge. They drove several other shops out of the business of doing copies for Immigration. The continued pretense that everything done here is "legitimate", almost beggars belief. One shady door closes, another shady door opens. The magic of "tea money".

If indeed the copy shop is owned by immigration, not much use calling for more competition and lower prices, A shop down the road wont be able to offer lower prices than an immigration owned shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

If you get a visa extension, does it make a difference?  OF COURSE it's "shady". Just about half of everything here is "shady". We call it bribery, they call it "business". 

It matters IF a decision is made that all such derived extensions are deemed invalid and those in possession of them subject to proceedings! The loss of income verification from Embassies seems to be flushing a few to the surface.

Note big if!

Edited by jacko45k

Couldn't this turn around and bite you in the rear later if the copy shop and or immigration fall foul of each other? There would be no proper finance compliance documents on record of the Non Imm extension holder and other Imm officers might come knocking on your door? Besides losing the copy shops extortionate fee, it could get a lot worse for the extension holder? 

33 minutes ago, dcnx said:

They are perhaps the most on-the-take office in the country. That’s why visa agents in Pattaya don’t get bothered or even slow down during visa crackdowns. It’s always business as usual there if you’re using an agent who sends you directly to a certain person in the Jomtien office who handles whatever visa / stamp you need. They have quite a system going there.

When you see the official police flow chart, is pussy on the top or the bottom.