Pattaya high season hotel bookings well down on 2017 - but there could be a reason say THA

webfact

6 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

all the agents Agoda etc do this to try and get you to panic buy, its a sells routine,when you get in touch with the hotel direct , and the answer has always been , *yes no problem, we have a room for you *

But they of ten charge more. And each hotel site is allocated a certain number of rooms to market and fill. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, toenail said:

Many 4-5 star traveling Westerners “been there; done that” with Thailand but also are finding other SE Asian countries that have cleaner beaches or more customer friendly than Thailand. With Thailand’s “excessive tourism” not keeping up with the infrastructure or ruining its pristine beaches with no building codes, lack of “anti-littering” campaigns to educate the locals along with lack of good customer service, Thailand has ruined the goose that laid the golden egg. 

Spot on. But, the blame will be shifted elsewhere and not much will be done about it. 

• Like 1

She's right I booked my flight in June to arrive 16 January same as last year,I have booked first week in a guest house but it's got free cancellation,I have just booked two weeks for inn house on soi 6 jomtien because it was a good deal on Agoda also with free cancellation.It's not really the computer that's changed our behaviour it's the smart phone we can research and book from anywhere anytime, I have asked the price of a room in a hotel reception and then checked the price on Agoda and because it was cheaper booked it from my phone and moved in.

• Like 2