Top Phuket frozen seafood factory shut down, managing director arrested

snoop1130

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I would imagine so. If you have no licence then you are most lightly not registered ..you do not exist ..therefore do not get checked for safety standards, cleanliness standards...etc.,

OK, your probably saying..."unligjtly that would happen anyway"....but if you are registered at least they are aware of you. 

PULEEEZE!!!!

The article says this plant was the leading frozen seafood supplier for the area, with hotels and restaurants and such as its clients. The plant/factory didn't just open yesterday or last month. It's surely been in operation there for quite some time. I think it's pretty safe to assume the local Fisheries office would have been "aware" of such an operation in their backyard.

So the question becomes.... WHY NOW?  And the answer to that probably has little or nothing to do with issues of enforcing safety or cleanliness standards. Heck, the entire country doesn't enforce safety or cleanliness standards on ANYTHING!  And for that matter, it would seem, most of the businesses operating here seem to be operating without whatever official license they're supposed to have.  So this place hardly is an exception to the rule.

Not saying that's the way it should be. Just saying, that's the way it is.   Something else was going on here.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Me thinks Anan has upset someone or someone else wanted piece of the pie.

They seems to be obsessed with having "license" 

Does not having a license really warrants an arrest and closure?

Are you for real????

Having a licence means you've greased all the correct palms & filled all the back pockets of city officials to operate.

Nothing to do with compliance to food hygiene standards or taking care of staff!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BestB said:

Me thinks Anan has upset someone or someone else wanted piece of the pie.

They seems to be obsessed with having "license" 

Does not having a license really warrants an arrest and closure?

Except when it comes to operating a vehicle when you are 14.

"Assuming the government has an effective program for health and safety" as always in the LOS the expression "effective program" is an oxymoron! They (the government officers) must have known about this operation for years, why the sudden interest??

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Are you for real????

Having a licence means you've greased all the correct palms & filled all the back pockets of city officials to operate.

Nothing to do with compliance to food hygiene standards or taking care of staff!!

Oh you own frozen seafood factory? So you know what is required to have license ?

40 minutes ago, atyclb said:

as you may be adept, lend them a hand in showing them how to  treat the meat

Why me? Makro is now a German company, so that is why i say they should be ashamed. Or did someone bought the name and is it Thai? In that case Makro should be also ashamed.

I wouldnt know, as i see here also MG and that was a British car, but now making new cars in Thailand, bought a name?

For sure, in Thailand, im only an alien with nothing to say at all. If i and or many other aliens had, have ideas, the Thai will never care. Its there country.  

On 11/29/2018 at 7:18 AM, cplgil said:

You obviously do not understand Thailand. It always boils down to money and payoffs. Once he pays it will all go away

the sad thing is, he may take his business with him.
the group is present in many countries.

On 11/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, BestB said:

You say license as if it actually means something or requires something . It does not. All it is     just a piece of paper for a fee. Nothing is required or checked same applies to hotels , restaurants, bars and pretty much everything else in Thailand including driving license . No one takes you for a drive in actual traffic to see if you can drive.

you are very wrong with your statement.

8 minutes ago, BestB said:

Please enlighten me with right statement????

we run a food processing factory in phuket and if your paperwork is not correct you dont do any business with big hotels or shoping malls. and yes we get inspections too.