Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

Like all brexit rhetoric, easier said than done.

The UK government’s no-deal Brexit tariff plan would be “illegal” under World Trade Organisation rules, the EU commissioner in charge of agriculture has said.

Phil Hogan characterised the British plan, which would see no duties levied on goods entering Northern Ireland across the border, as “a political stunt, pure and simple”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-tariff-wto-trade-eu-theresa-may-northern-ireland-a8825076.html

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

#me too
Damn thing won’t stop flashing and beeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

we have a new bus to admire,now you have to believe in Britain,what that means is anyone's guess.Many foreign businesses dont,majority of MPs dont,the markets dont,the EU dont,and millions of folks dont,and i dont,anyone on here going on the march by any chance?

_106048202_faragegetty.jpg

Edited by bomber

2 minutes ago, bomber said:

we have a new bus to admire,now you have to believe in Britain,what that means is anyone's guess.

Yes, thats a difficult one , wonder what it means ?

I know that Britain means a country , so its definitely something to do with Britain .

Just now need to work out what the other words mean and how they all  fit together

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, thats a difficult one , wonder what it means ?

I know that Britain means a country , so its definitely something to do with Britain .

Just now need to work out what the other words mean and how they all  fit together

them 50-100 turkeys beside the bus might know better than me and you,shame i was only about 15 minutes drive from them an few hours ago i could of asked them,how ironic the Nissan factory is only about 2 miles from there i wonder if they call in and ask them if they "believe" ????

2 hours ago, bomber said:

we have a new bus to admire,now you have to believe in Britain,what that means is anyone's guess.Many foreign businesses dont,majority of MPs dont,the markets dont,the EU dont,and millions of folks dont,and i dont,anyone on here going on the march by any chance?

_106048202_faragegetty.jpg

Did they not see the low bridge sign?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

As a remainer and someone who believes in facts.

Hopefully these facts may be of interest to you.

663C6DA9-4D23-4744-BDBE-34E76633955B.jpeg

I am aware of those facts, thank you.

I also belive that in a democracy people have the right to change their mind; don't you?

Are you going to attempt an answer to my questions?

I am intersted in all opinions, and you have a far better chance of convincing me to change mine on Brexit by presenting reasoned arguments rather than propoganda puffs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, once people have voted, they cannot change their minds at a later date .

If people vote , they cannot go back a few years later and ask for their vote to be changed  , once they've voted, thats it 

An oft repeated argument by Brexiteerrs afraid of a second referendum. An argument which if taken seriously means that once people have voted for a particular party they cannot change their minds and vote for a different one at a later date!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Afraid? We'd win hands down!

Why do you keep dismissing unfavourable answers as some sort of failure from those that bother to reply?

Because you do not give unfavourable answers; you give supercilious excuses for not answering at all!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Once Brexit has been completed , you can then ask for another referendum  about whether the U.K rejoins the E.U or not, but firstly you have to comply with the previous referendums results . 

In General elections, can you vote Tory , then a few weeks later, go back and ask to change your vote ?

No, you cannot , once you have voted, thats it .

The time to make a final decision on such a major event is before it becomes irreversable; not after.

If you started to cross the road and suddeny saw a car approaching at high speed, would you say, well I've made my decison, so I'll carry on across the road and let the car hit me; or would you change your mind and turn around?

If we are allowed a final say and that final say, now that all the facts about both leaving and tremaioning are better known, is to leave, then so be it.

Do you ever wonder why Remainers are not afraid of a second referendum, but Brexiteers are terrified of it?

• Like 2