Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Brexit is the best thing to have happened in UK politics since WW2. It has woken people up to the truth about the political class. 

Some really good things are going to come because of this. Out of EU. BBC forced to run without licence fee. Proportional representation. Revamping of our once great fishing industry. And of course the biggie; dissolving of H of L.

happy birthday, krap

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2019 at 7:18 PM, bomber said:

we have a new bus to admire,now you have to believe in Britain,what that means is anyone's guess.Many foreign businesses dont,majority of MPs dont,the markets dont,the EU dont,and millions of folks dont,and i dont,anyone on here going on the march by any chance?

_106048202_faragegetty.jpg

Get off the bus , and get on the boat ,   that  makes sense .  

EU ,   here we come ,  bye bye  UK .

9 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

Can you now produce a list of all those M.P. who have gone against the expressed wishes of their constituents, and voted to remain. It will take you much longer, therefore in order to help you,

In case you have lost the list.

26AB7018-2923-4721-8F17-94F9FCCF1FC5.jpeg

Already posted see post 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

The man spoke well on Andrew Marr. Made the local Conservative Association Chairman look a total pillock 

This man wants a single market. He's been made a member of the national CON party. He's talking with the CON whips AND Corbyn. He backs May's deal. He's a one nation Tory.

We should support people like him.

Why?

He is not doing the job that he is paid to do which is to do what his constituents want. He is doing what he wants to do.

If he were a person of morals,  principles and honesty he would resign his seat and fight a bye election, preferably at his own personal cost.

Any person with moral integrity would quit the job and stand as an independent but not him or all the other MPs that quit their parties and their constituents.

They are quite happy to take the salary and don't care about their constituents who they are PAID handsomely to represent.

Hypocrites the lot of them.

When the going gets tough they chicken out, but only part way. They still take the money but do NOTHING for the people who put them into the place.  

Sorry Bill, but I give up. You didn't understand a damn thing.....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, evadgib said:

To be expected, given the 6 Nations, FA Cup & other distractions on offer in addition to any travel/security measures as a result of the atrocity in NZ. 

By 29 March the numbers will likely exceed Diana's funeral if Parliament don't buck their ideas up.

Nice to see Brexiteers getting their priorities right and blaming events that are outside the EU.

Edited by wilcopops
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, evadgib said:

You'd better make that #me too ????

I don't believe that for one minute. We disagree on Brexit but you know how representative parliamentary democracy works or is supposed to work. You're no fool.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

But I don't give up that easily.

Perhaps it is you who don't understand.

MPs are elected to look after the wishes of the constituency. That is their job and that is what they are paid for with taxpayers money.

If, as an MP, you want to follow your own convictions and ignore the people who elected then be honest and say so, BEFORE you get elected and preferably at the selection committee. Then the constituency can reject you in favour of somebody who WILL listen and work for the constituents. 

You seem to think that because somebody is elected as an MP they are magically transformed into super intelligent people who know far more than the people who voted for them.

They don't.

You get who you vote for. Take more care next time.

14 hours ago, vinny41 said:
14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I forgot Jacob Rees-Mogg;  Bath and North East Somerset, which includes his constituency, voted 57.9% Remain (source). When will you be calling for his resignation as an MP?

Incorrect

According to Chris Hanretty of the University of East Anglia, who calculated the Brexit vote by constituency, North East Somerset was 52.1% Leave 47.9% Remain. I notice some people are confusing the constituency with the local authority.

Indeed, my apologies for not checking thoroughly.

But the fact remains that many Brexiteers are quick to brand Remain MPs representing Leave constituencies as hypocrites for not resigning, but for Brexit MPs to continue to represent Remain constituencies.