Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

54 minutes ago, vogie said:

Good point, what's to stop anybody of any nationalty signing it here in Thailand.

Very few brits in thailand want brexit stopped,they are more than happy with the ex rate and their new found independance while living under the unelected military junta.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bomber said:

Very few brits in thailand want brexit stopped,they are more than happy with the ex rate and their new found independance while living under the unelected military junta.

To see some of the poorer members of TVF cheering on their own financial demise is sad to say the least. With UK PLC in the doldrums, if their fervently wished for dream comes true then frozen expat pensions may well come under scrutiny when savings need to be made in the longer term.  ???? Plus they seem happy to throw their fellow UK EU expats under a bus re their arrangements with healthcare, pension rights and residence one wonders if there is a degree of jealousy and schadenfreude on their part ?

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do stop going on about that petition .

Come back and report when it gets to 20 Million 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/21/petitions-site-crashes-after-thousands-back-call-to-revoke-article-50

ps it had 600,000 when it crashed on Thursday morning and seem to have lost many 100 of thousands of votes. Has Prayuth had a word with his UK conterparts....

Meanwhile, the Great March to Leave gets to Ackworth where a bloke on the bus addresses a crowd of around a hundred. At least no one can accuse Leave Means Leave of photoshopping their crowds like one well known Thai political party. And Nigel in the comfort of a warm studio conducts a poll on Peston ..... 

image.png

Edited by beautifulthailand99

6 minutes ago, nontabury said:

They do indeed require for you to provide a British post code. Do they check on it, impossible. So all you need is multiple E-mail addresses. And it is certainly not restricted to British citizens. 

You don't know that so why say it ?

696,207 signatures

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its of complete insignificance , unless it gets to 20 million 

As I have requested people to stop posting the figures , lefties will view that as an opportunity to antagonize someone  , so post the figures and then go outside and have a victory dance .8

"* Yes, whoopppeee , I annoyed someone today*

As the Buddha said you have annoyed yourself.....

Image result for buddha on anger

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

As someone who actually lives in Lincolnshire, I can tell you, they do not need to march through this county in order to gather support,as the vast majority of it’s people are 100% behind the leave campaign. 

I don’t know of any Slovaks, but you would be surprised at the number of Poles who also support Brexit.

in the poles that are already here interests,less labour about gives them a bit more bargaining power.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

I have very serious doubts about what you say, can you provide some evidence to verify this?

anyone covered in bulldog and unionjack tattoo's and a baldy heed is highly likely to of voted remain,so that's the vast majority of brits in pattaya.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Me, I'm one, Brit in Thailand happy to take the financial hit in exchange for hard Brexit.

Exchange rates nearly unchanged for Cambodia/Vietnam/Philippines for the past five years.

rubbish unchanged for 5 years,dollar took a hit after brexit as did the dong and peso,stop telling porkies.baht dropped 51-52 to 45 if not even lower

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was getting 69 peso/pound before Brexit, today it's 69 peso/pound.

As far as I can see, that meets the definition of 'unchanged'.

It did go as high as 73 and as low as 63 in the five years, 

I'm not in the mood to argue with facts, so I'll just put you on ignore.

69 the day of brexit dropping to 64 after the vote,you tell porkies,and now seems you are ready to throw your toys out of your pram,never mind a crash out will see it below 64 ????   at what point did thailand become too expensive for you? 60,55,50,45 or 40 ????   i will be fine in portugal when the EU crashes i should be getting €2.00 for my mighty pound,happy days indeed ????  evidence is below Mr Britman

Historical exchange rates from 1953 with graph and charts.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was getting 69 peso/pound before Brexit, today it's 69 peso/pound.

As far as I can see, that meets the definition of 'unchanged'.

It did go as high as 73 and as low as 63 in the five years, 

I'm not in the mood to argue with facts, so I'll just put you on ignore.

???? so 73 down to 63 means unchanged ????  and there we have it folks, britman takes the prize for the post of the week.

2 hours ago, nontabury said:

They do indeed require for you to provide a British post code. Do they check on it, impossible. So all you need is multiple E-mail addresses. And it is certainly not restricted to British citizens. 

33,000 EU bureaucrats under orders will have had 20 goes each by now. 

• Like 1