Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Could it be that there are tens of thousands on holiday?

Of course not, the leavers would prefer to believe it was all manipulated, yet stick their head in the sand over the referendum result.

They just want to ignore the fact that if the referendum had been legally binding the result would have been in the courts long before now.

There's a HUGE difference between an online petition which is easy to manipulate (using bots, people from other countries voting etc. etc.) and a referendum where each vote has to be cast individually, and mostly in person!

52 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Tell that to Denmark, the Netherlands, Ireland and now Britain.

To look on the bright side, as far as I can see, the brits. aren't as easily 'broken''by msm and fear mongering tactics!

Which is why MPs (the vast majority of whom are remainers) aren't keen on another referendum ????.

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

Let us know when it gets to 17.4 million. You do know half the signatures are coming from OUTSIDE the UK.

I might as well chuck you a bone to chew on before someone else posts it.

https://order-order.com/2019/03/22/revoke-article-50-petition-creator-threatened-may-discussed-buy-legal-guns-take-commons/

2 hours ago, damascase said:

Your argumentation gets sillier and sillier????

Your answers get more pointless every time.

How do you know that Vogie is not correct when he said,

quote "How do you know "no member ever wanted to withdraw" if their respective governments won't allow their citizens a vote on it. I can only assume that the member states governments are scared of the decision their citizens may choose"?

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well spotted SW - he sounds convincing at first listen and having looked him up he is just that. 9/11 inside job, the joos etc.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/James_Corbett

Here's Rational Wiki on Brexit - well worth a read.

“”How foul this referendum is. The most depressing, divisive, duplicitous political event of my lifetime. May there never be another.
—Robert Harris, throwing some sense into the situation[1]

“”The context of the referendum meant that it was always going to be a choice of evils: between the racism and bigotry that animated so much of the Leave campaign, and the neoliberalism of both the Cameron government and the EU. The option of a social democratic, or even soft neoliberal, EU was not on the ballot.
—John Quiggin, economist[2]

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Brexit

Rationalwiki says James Corbett "discusses statism, 9-11 conspiracy theories, chemtrails, climate change denial and anti dogma conspiracies that mainstream media would never discuss". 

It may sound to you like an accusation. To me, it's Corbett's greatest virtue - and, he invariably provides detailed links to his sources, which is more than you can say for the mainstream media and most bloggers. Sceptics can always, of course, compare Corbett's take on any given subject with those of contributors to Rationalwiki.

As a group blog (which means it automatically fails the Wikipedia reliability test) Rationalwiki itself is not a totally impartial and reliable source. A Reddit critique of the website concludes many of its articles are "very heavily biased", and "it tends to be very pro-SJW/politically correct".

Mediabias/factcheck categorises Rationalwiki as having a left-centre bias and says it utilises "loaded words to favor liberal causes". Debate org reckons it's "about as reliable as Conservapedia", with "a very sizable left-wing atheist slant".

So there you have it. Nailing down the truth about ANY issue - be it Brexit or Climate Change or 9/11 is incredibly difficult, as is finding credible sources. That said, Corbett's cool and rational exploration of contentious matters the politically-correct mainstream media won't touch puts him bald head and shoulders above his rivals.

9 hours ago, wilcopops said:

I hear the numbers on the Farage march have swelled to nearly 40!

I think that’s part of the number of trunks that demonstrated against the E.U. On the M1. Strangely, hardly mentioned in the U.K. media.

Before the UK, no member ever wanted to withdraw (but territories of Member States withdrew, e.g. Algeria and Greenland). And your flaw is that you have most probably never bothered to actually read Article 50, as it is not a matter of ‘being allowed’ to withdraw, but a right to withdraw:
 "Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements".

It’s all very well having a right to withdraw, so any Leaving nation can send the letter to trigger the two year process. When they obstruct the path to actually exercising that right to its final outcome, we find ourselves in the UK’s current position. Stuck with deal that becomes a treaty, to being a vassal state to the EU forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You should read the legislation before writing nonsense. 

I think that Henry was referring to the practical difficulty of actually withdrawing, as we can all see now.

4 hours ago, damascase said:

Your argumentation gets sillier and sillier????

Are you aware, that in the 2019Dutch provincial Election, the party that emerged with the most votes, stood on a campaign to withdraw from this so called union.

Rather like Nigel's pathetic miniscule march the much vaunted Brexit civil disobedience that has been promised has turned out to be another damp squib so far. There is fighting talk about blocking oil refineries where if they try that they will find the full force of plod feeling their collar. This ain't no miner's strike or French gilet jaume whatever the protagonists may think.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/23/brexit-leaver-go-slow-on-roads-leads-to-prosecutions

The easiest thing to do is to just leave- the matter is done and dusted and the referendum result has been fulfilled.  There can really be no complaint since nobody has come up with an acceptable compromise.

Logically, imo, the obvious solution is to revoke Article 50 since nobody can agree what to do, and the only 2 options on the table are the most unpopular.

I don't think a second referendum is at all useful- we know that Remain would likely win, but it wouldn't be a satisfactory end to the matter, because at base the country would still be split.

Look up the KitKat tapes, from a recent meeting behind

closed doors, at the LSE, and under Charterhouse Rules.

This explains how the government regards the people.

To be sure,  there is no such thing as government conspiracy.

More reports of the go-slow protests fizzling out. If Brexiteers really want to alienate a fed up British public then these sorts of actions will infuriate those trying to go about their already difficult daily business.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/brexit-go-slow-m4-m5-2677765

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

The only thing funnier than that is the actual thing itself. Latest photo...

You can imagine the brainstorming in Leave Means Leave HQ it would start with thousands at Sunderland - the site of the Jarrow March and snowball as they triumphantly stride through England's pleasant land. Aided and abetted by their provisional wing The Go Slow Mob they would have brought Britain to it's knees and forced the elites to sit up and take notice. Nigel will be cheered by millions at the march end in London and the Lion will once again Roar !

D2SAlnJWsAAGwrX.jpg

6 hours ago, damascase said:

Before the UK, no member ever wanted to withdraw (but territories of Member States withdrew, e.g. Algeria and Greenland). And your flaw is that you have most probably never bothered to actually read Article 50, as it is not a matter of ‘being allowed’ to withdraw, but a right to withdraw:

"Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements".

Silly us for not realising that our "constitutional requirements" included the right of Parliament to rat on the people.

16 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The only thing funnier than that is the actual thing itself. Latest photo...

D2SAlnJWsAAGwrX.jpg

I'll think you might find that most remainers go to work, and can't get the time off like remainers to act like oafs outside the HoC, shouting obscenities at leave MPs being interviewed by the media.

1000x-1.jpg

16 hours ago, vogie said:

I don't want to live in a world when you can't trust what's written on the side of a bus.

And I don't want to live in a world where the you get on a bus to Brexit and it drops you off at Remain.

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I'll think you might find that most remainers go to work, and can't get the time off like remainers to act like oafs outside the HoC, shouting obscenities at leave MPs being interviewed by the media.

1000x-1.jpg

Good on him he's self-funded and gave up his job and he's harming no-one - a great British eccentric whose heart is in the right place. Whereas Farage is an opportunist politician who conceived a scheme that was undeliverable. He persuaded members of the public to make sacrifices to further it and recruited millionaires to bankroll it. And when it failed he simply walked away. The MarchToLeave is just a 14-day metaphor for Brexit 

Archived