• Last Reply
57 minutes ago, tebee said:

Here's the reason, the EU doesn't play fair,

the EU has prevented UK subsidy of industry

under its state aids rules, but has often provided

subsidised loans and grants to businesses to set

up elsewhere in the EU. The UK sees a spate

of factory closures balanced by new and expanded

facilities in poorer EU countries and elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Here's the reason, the EU doesn't play fair,

the EU has prevented UK subsidy of industry

under its state aids rules, but has often provided

subsidised loans and grants to businesses to set

up elsewhere in the EU. The UK sees a spate

of factory closures balanced by new and expanded

facilities in poorer EU countries and elsewhere.

The blaming continues.............

I said some time ago that I had set up a new base for my business in the Netherlands should Brexit go ahead with a bad or no deal.  I did this with five other small businesses with encouragement from the Dutch.  They, and the French are actively inviting companies to look at re-locating to their respective countries.

The front page of the Times carries a story about it.  The headline reads 

"Dutch try to lure 250 British based companies over Brexit".

Sony has now announced it is moving it's European base to the Netherlands.  I should say that I have done this reluctantly and so have the other five businesses I am doing this with. None of us want to uproot our businesses but a no deal Brexit would bankrupt us.  We have retained the option of withdrawing if things change but for now we have to stick with moving.

23 hours ago, talahtnut said:

If it went the wrong way, it would be classified as advisory.

If it went the right way, it would be the will of the people.

If Brexit is not to your liking, you are welcome to go and

live in Paris, Malmo, Berlin, Athens, Rome, etc.

But beware the riots, water cannon, and rubber bullets.

Those with no constructive answer always try and promote their pet paranoia, addressing the point in question was obviously too difficult.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:19 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Please provide some evidence for this pearls of wisdom, as you realise!

I take it you didn't watch the Victoria Derbyshire programme on Thursday. They had a reporter out on the streets and it was a bit of an eye opener, the lack of understanding among the general public over brexit was quite astounding.

Confirmed without a shadow of doubt that many had no idea what they voted for, and still don't, but quite happy to have their future put in jeopardy without knowing why.

It was always an emotional argument without a solution.

Here is a BBC reporter on the street showing how biased the BBC can be, twisting the truth to suit their own beliefs and not being independant as they should be, the video is prior to the referendum, but it just shows how they try to influence us all.

24 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I take it you didn't watch the Victoria Derbyshire programme on Thursday. They had a reporter out on the streets and it was a bit of an eye opener, the lack of understanding among the general public over brexit was quite astounding.

Confirmed without a shadow of doubt that many had no idea what they voted for, and still don't, but quite happy to have their future put in jeopardy without knowing why.

I saw it. A few people out of 60 million said they didn't understand Brexit and from that you conclude the general public has a lack of understanding and didn't know what they were voting for. Is this the pearls of evidence LG asked for? I wouldn't go anywhere near statistics or BBC programmes about Brexit if I were you. Next thing you will be telling us you once had a Chinese mobile phone with a duff battery and your young niece had a bad experience in China therefore China is rubbish. 

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Those with no constructive answer always try and promote their pet paranoia, addressing the point in question was obviously too difficult.

So sorry you didn't like my opinion in reply to your

hypothetical, utterly pointless question on a 'reunification

referendum', however issuing insults can be taken as

a sure sign of the frustration of losing.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

So , if the general consensus was that the British public were unaware of what the referendum wasall about , those that voted for Remain, were also ignorant ?

Or are you just saying that it was just the Brexiters that were ignorant and the Remainers were well informed ?

On 1/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, bannork said:

Have any financial experts, veterans of trade negotiations, captains of industry said we would be successful if we are independent of EU? They all seem to be saying it will be a financial catastrophe.

Why torture yourself. Just fasten your seat belt and hope for the best. One day you'll look back and laugh at how worried you were.

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

The only question that matters was: In or Out? and that has been emphatically answered. Game over.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

The only question that matters was: In or Out? and that has been emphatically answered. Game over.

Sorry I'm late guys but I only got the data today for last week. This is for w/e Monday 21st 2019 at 2am. Liverpool poll.

55% just leave
20% accept May's deal
15% stay in/second vote
10% don't know/care, undecided, spoilt vote paper, too drunk to understand the poll or tick the boxes.

Opinions are hardening people.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

So , if the general consensus was that the British public were unaware of what the referendum wasall about , those that voted for Remain, were also ignorant ?

Or are you just saying that it was just the Brexiters that were ignorant and the Remainers were well informed ?

Yes

remainers read

Just now, Grouse said:

Yes

remainers read

Yes, your one point seems to be that remainers are intelligent and know all about the effects of Brexit and exiters are stupid people who know nothing about the effects of Brexit .

Typical righteous small minded approach that is associated with the Left . 

Ever considered that maybe you are not as well informed and intelligent as you think that you are ?

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Sorry I'm late guys but I only got the data today for last week. This is for w/e Monday 21st 2019 at 2am. Liverpool poll.

55% just leave
20% accept May's deal
15% stay in/second vote
10% don't know/care/undecided/spoilt vote paper/too drunk to understand the poll.

Ah! Yes. Liverpool, home of the underclass. Let's do what they think!

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Here is a BBC reporter on the street showing how biased the BBC can be, twisting the truth to suit their own beliefs and not being independant as they should be, the video is prior to the referendum, but it just shows how they try to influence us all.

That will be Victoria Ayling who lost her seat (ended up in third place in the election) and then left UKIP! She has now given up on politics to pursue other interests.  Nice try Vogie!

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

That will be Victoria Ayling who lost her seat (ended up in third place in the election) and then left UKIP! She has now given up on politics to pursue other interests.  Nice try Vogie!

What has that got to do with the BBC not being biased. Listen to what she has to say before you start to dig the dirt.

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, your one point seems to be that remainers are intelligent and know all about the effects of Brexit and exiters are stupid people who know nothing about the effects of Brexit .

Typical righteous small minded approach that is associated with the Left . 

Ever considered that maybe you are not as well informed and intelligent as you think that you are ?

You must be new to the Brexit threads, so I'll take a minute to explain.

I had a great education for which I am very gratful, and I still read extensively to keep abreast of things and also to investigate matters that I am not au fait with.

This is not to do with intelligence per se but more to do with education and aquired knowledge. Of course intelligence is required to interpret all this.

No, wishing to remain is correlated closely with tertiary education.

To answer your question, no, I have never considered that I know more than I do. How about you?

BTW I may well be quite righteous but I am not self righteous which is probably what you meant. At least I know the difference.

Now, please, back to specifics.

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

What has that got to do with the BBC not being biased. Listen to what she has to say before you start to dig the dirt.

Absolutely right vogie. Let's all stop paying our TV license. I went back to England to vote in the Referendum. They had better give us a Brexit or else.

The people have the power. Do not despair, Truth is with us.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

You can't compare the two. The Remainers live in the present situation. This is how it is now, and has been for many years, we are content with this.

Ignorance doesn't enter the question because they merely wish to continue living as they have done.

The Brexiteers, on the other hand, are the ones wanting to change the status quo, embark on a future path as yet untrod. That requires a clear depiction of where the ship is heading, not just we are leaving and that's it.

Ignorance is inexcusable in this case.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

First of all I am not defending the BBC.  We all know they are biased.  I am laughing at your choice of interviewee.  The ridiculous Victoria Ayling typified the lunatics in UKIP, most of them now kicked into touch.

There are better examples of BBC interviews with Brexiteers from the proper political parties.  Using UKIP is never a good idea.

37 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

55% just leave
20% accept May's deal
15% stay in/second vote
10% don't know/care, undecided, spoilt vote paper, too drunk to understand the poll or tick the boxes.

And this is a recent Yorkshire poll.

CA4B89AA-E021-4658-8D06-AF615628DD89.jpeg

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

First of all I am not defending the BBC.  We all know they are biased.  I am laughing at your choice of interviewee.  The ridiculous Victoria Ayling typified the lunatics in UKIP, most of them now kicked into touch.

There are better examples of BBC interviews with Brexiteers from the proper political parties.  Using UKIP is never a good idea.

The choice of interviewee matters not one jot, it could have been Attilla the Hun, the modus operandi of the BBC remains the same, which is the message of the post. I never once tried to portray V Ayling as an understudy to Mother Teresa, but showed the tactics that the BBC are prepared to stoop to, full credit to her for her not falling for it.

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

UKIP was a Political party whose sole aim was to get the UK out of Europe , soon as the Brexit referendum was held, that Political party had no reason to exist 

16 minutes ago, bannork said:

You can't compare the two. The Remainers live in the present situation. This is how it is now, and has been for many years, we are content with this.

Ignorance doesn't enter the question because they merely wish to continue living as they have done.

The Brexiteers, on the other hand, are the ones wanting to change the status quo, embark on a future path as yet untrod. That requires a clear depiction of where the ship is heading, not just we are leaving and that's it.

No one knows the future , the future is being discussed now in the negotiations .

Its not possible to know what will happen in the future and any predictions are just predictions which may or may not happen

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

Good post.

The remain campaigners and the leave campaigners both lied but in very different ways.  The remainers were voting to remain and for any changes to be fought for from the inside, although by and large they were happy with where they were.  The campaigners targeted the leavers because they were the ones wanting change.  So the leave campaigners came up with lots of promises based on what they believed the unhappy Brexiteers wanted to hear.  The remain campaigners also targeted the leavers saying how destructive it would be to leave.

So none of the claims were made to the remainers, no need as they didn't want to change anything.

Now all those promises are exposed as not being viable and that has been more destructive in dividing the British people than Brexit itself is liable to be.  For that reason those responsible should hang their heads in shame but I won't hold my breath.

Just now, sanemax said:

No one knows the future , the future is being discussed now in the negotiations .

Its not possible to know what will happen in the future and any predictions are just predictions which may or may not happen

So when the people of the UK voted to leave the EU, it was not possible for them to know the consequences of that momentous decision?

That sounds extremely foolish.

Archived