Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

I do have some friends from Eire , Southern Ireland , and they do not want unification with the North , they are content with their six Counties and are happy the way they are 

And that, of course, is the other problem...

Does the South still want to reunite with the North?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dick dasterdly said:

"I would like to see NI reunified with the south."

Agree with this entirely - as long as there is a referendum and the majority in N.I agree.  And this may possibly happen if there is a genuine brexit.

What about Eire , you would need to ask them as well .

What if they dont want a united Ireland ?

5 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Agree with this entirely - as long as there is a referendum and the majority in N.I agree.  And this may possibly happen if there is a genuine brexit.

What would happen to the Northern Irish people ?

British passport holders ?

Expel them en mass , Idi Amin style   ?

6 hours ago, Grouse said:

I would like to see NI reunified with the south. I think there would be a majority for that and it would kill off the DUP permanently. What a freak show they are!

Grouse when its all over , I'd like to think we could sit down and  I could  buy you  a pint  , unfortunately I doubt either of us could afford one frankly

.,,,,,,,,,,,, perhaps a kindly French or German feeling sorry for us will step in. !

15 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

What good is a referendum. The Deep State only accepts the answers they want.

On 1/19/2019 at 1:05 PM, Grouse said:

I would like to see NI reunified with the south. I think there would be a majority for that and it would kill off the DUP permanently. What a freak show they are!

I offered a novel way of addressing this a few days ago which caused several screens to need wiping ????

On 1/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, sanemax said:

Are you trying to say a referendum wouldn't provide an acceptable outcome?

6 minutes ago, aright said:

We Germans owe Britain a great debt — and should let you leave Europe with the concessions you need and your heads held high, writes ALEX VON SCHOENBURG

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6625529/ALEX-VON-SCHOENBURG-Germans-owe-Britain-great-debt.html

This guy, writing for Germany’s most infamous rag, is absolutely not representing the general feeling in Germany and many other Member States.

2 minutes ago, damascase said:

This guy, writing for Germany’s most infamous rag, is absolutely not representing the general feeling in Germany and many other Member States.

that may be so, but he is on par with Ms AKK, that had a lengthy melodramatic

article published in UK msm last week.

her bit was about remaining rather than leaving in style, same crap though

32 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What has Westminster got to do with it, the terms of the referendum are laid down in the Belfast agreement.

Westminster looks like it may well scupper or dilute brexit.

Not the first referendum to be ignored.

14 hours ago, sandyf said:

Are you trying to say a referendum wouldn't provide an acceptable outcome?

Of course a referendum would provide an acceptable outcome. As shown by the Scottish referendum of 2014,and the People’s E.u referendum of 2016. 

What your possible implying, is that a referendum that produces a result you do not agree with, should be disrespected and ignored.

7 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It's a good job they 'want their country back' nobody else wants it

Well that is part of the problem, the E.u definitely wants the U.K to remain,as it is afraid that a successful and independent U.K could lead to other countries demanding to follow our example. Then of course we have the little matter,of our charitable contributions to Brussels.

9 hours ago, nontabury said:

Of course a referendum would provide an acceptable outcome. As shown by the Scottish referendum of 2014,and the People’s E.u referendum of 2016. 

What your possible implying, is that a referendum that produces a result you do not agree with, should be disrespected and ignored.

I am not implying anything, you like the other poster have gone off at a tangent completely ignoring what was originally said in respect of a referendum on reunification. Maybe the poster was right, the brexit vote indicated to many that all foreigners should be expelled from England.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:21 PM, sanemax said:

17 hours ago, talahtnut said:

Westminster looks like it may well scupper or dilute brexit.

Not the first referendum to be ignored.

So you believe that Westminster would ensure that the result of any referendum on reunification would be ignored, taking paranoia to a new level.

10 hours ago, nontabury said:

Well that is part of the problem, the E.u definitely wants the U.K to remain,as it is afraid that a successful and independent U.K could lead to other countries demanding to follow our example. Then of course we have the little matter,of our charitable contributions to Brussels.

Have any financial experts, veterans of trade negotiations, captains of industry said we would be successful if we are independent of EU? They all seem to be saying it will be a financial catastrophe.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

So you believe that Westminster would ensure that the result of any referendum on reunification would be ignored, taking paranoia to a new level.

If it went the wrong way, it would be classified as advisory.

If it went the right way, it would be the will of the people.

If Brexit is not to your liking, you are welcome to go and

live in Paris, Malmo, Berlin, Athens, Rome, etc.

But beware the riots, water cannon, and rubber bullets.

merkelDanger.jpg

Archived