Ever wondered why your Thai mail doesn't arrive? This might explain it

webfact

1 minute ago, goonnerone said:

So because it happen or may happen in other country that make it ok, stop being an apologist and admit this is wrong 

Has anyone said that this wasnt a wrong think to do ?

Would be better if you just looked at what happened , rather than focus on where it happened 

10 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please give me the name of a country where this never happen...

This story is about Thailand, where I live. I don't care about those where I don't live or about people who find a faulty connection.

2 hours ago, Bangkokazy said:

It does not appear in Scandinavia

Not a country

1 hour ago, donim said:

Greendale.

So small. Not even a city

2 hours ago, yodsak said:

Singapore

Wrong

SingPost postman sacked after he was caught on video throwing away mail

Edited by Pattaya46

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Please give me the name of a country where this never happen...

I would suggest it may happen more here than other places.  I would guess it doesn’t happen much in the USA.  I have always received every letter and package my entire life there, and I don’t really know anyone else that has been missing one.  I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but half of my packages from the USA to Thailand are missing.  Go figure 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

USA seems to be - by far - the country for which Google give the more answers for "mailman throw away mail"

Just check by yourself : Google : US mailman throwing away mail

I guess me and my family and friends are lucky.  Maybe be our names or locations are good?  I’m sure this was a fluke incident that they found here in Thailand.  It’s possible he/she simply fell asleep on the job

I have sent umpteen oodles of packages from England to my (soon-to-be) Mrs and family in Ubon, some with quite expensive gifts – such as watches, necklaces, bracelets etc. Not a single solitary one has gone missing.

The Postie is always jovial and good natured when he delivers them because he knows what’s likely to be in the package.

And the reason he knows is because he hangs around while the parcel is opened, and there is always a little “something” for him – a cheap watch, sunglasses, a small box of Thornton’s chocolates etc. It’s almost as much fun trying to choose some small gift for him as it is for my ladies ????

We keep our Postie on side and he never fails us.

I know the staff at the post office mail center in Sriracha  are stealing my mail that are delivered to Banglamung post office.  I have confronted them several times the last year.  

If only all post men were like him. 

250px-Postman-Pat.jpg

2 hours ago, balo said:

I know the staff at the post office mail center in Sriracha  are stealing my mail that are delivered to Banglamung post office.  I have confronted them several times the last year.  

If only all post men were like him. 

250px-Postman-Pat.jpg

You mean members of the Japanese Yakuza?

20 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Po box better,still i have found things in there not for me,and returned them to the counter,but it's true happens everywhere, some people are just not cut out to be posties.

The other day I forgot my P.O. Box key, so I tried other keys on my key ring and found one that opened it. Needless to say my faith in P.O. boxes here took a direct hit.

Edited by Lee4Life
  • Like 1

Where I live it's completely dependent on how good the delivery postman is, I've had good & bad experiences.

if they can't read the letters address (English) it goes back to the post office as undelivered.

The next day it's back in the bag of the same postman.. same again.

19 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

First example from a Google search:

Australia Post mailman Mark Baguio 'too lazy' to deliver almost 10,000 items

"Australia Post was advised that a yellow mail delivery bag containing 755 unaddressed articles had been dumped in a rubbish bin in a West Sunshine street outside Baguio's flat. [] and a search by investigators found a much larger amount of mail in his bedroom and on the floor of his flat."

Not exactly "proper" mail... these would be catalogs... junk mail, something most people don't want.