Regarding Re-entry permit

Hi everyone,

what's the good option to get re-entry permit at airport(suvarnabhumi airport) or by visiting immigration office( chaengwattana)?

what's the procedure and fee ?

thanks

Edited by vjanm

I had it done once at the airport as soon as I passed the passport section, it was tucked away in a little corner and the guy doing it wasn't a happy chappy.

Whilst I don't enjoy rude people although no matter their reason, I make it a day out when I go to my local immigration which is an hours drive up country while enjoying the drive and taking in the views.

The guys do it within 5 minutes with a smile, then I go to lunch with the Mrs, the lastminute.com approach thing I don't like, i.e. what if I lost the photos or this or that, at least doing it beforehand, the slip is in my passport with me ready for inspection.

But each to their own.

The OP clearly stated he is obtaining reentry permit in bkk. That means choice between horrible trip to CW and possible miss being served befor lunch break hour closure. At both bkk airports its an absolute breeze. Download tm8 (double sided) attach pic. Photocopy of detail page last extension stamp, departure card. Drop into office as your leaving. Easy peasy. 5 minutes. Did my 12 month extension couple of weeks ago. Didn't even bother getting in another que at CW. Obtained permit at don mueang. Under 5 mins.

Edited by DrJack54
Error

4 hours ago, Bert Jones said:

If so, do all 'international' airports in Thailand offer this ?

Not all of them. Both of them in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket have a re-entry permit desk. Not sure about any others have one.

4 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Only single at airport.

Not correct. They also do multiple re-entry permits.

4 hours ago, Bert Jones said:

If I fly from Chiang Mai to HK, then re-enter at BKK to fly to Penang (transfer only) then come back to BKK, then onto Burriam...is that just a single entry? 

That is only one entry to the country if you remain in transit at BKK. If you have to go through immigration it would be 2 entries.

Many thanks again Joe. 

I'll probably go for the multi on exit, as I'm sure there'll be another trip at some point. 

Has anyone noticed a big slow down in the performance of this web site? slow servers? poor bandwidth from ISP to servers? Thaivisa not paid the bill perhaps?

24 minutes ago, mr.buffalo said:

I have 6 month multi entry visa. My first 60 days are up end of December. I am thinking of getting the 1 month ext. at the immigration here in Bangkok. Reading this thread it seems I can do it at the airport?

You cannot apply for the 30 day extension of your 60 day entry at an airport. It has to be done at the immigration office for where you are staying.

The discussion is about using a re-entry permit to keep a 60 day entry valid if you have a single entry visa. You do not need one since you have a multiple entry visa.

• Thanks 1