Visa applications move to the Web

webfact

3 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

"...KBank president Predee Daochai said it met world-class security standards. Fee payments will be supported by KBank’s electronic payment system to accommodate cross-border transactions in more than 126 currencies..." 

"Payments can be made via including credit card, QR code and Internet banking. Payment via QR code will debut in China through WeChat Pay, AliPay and China Union Pay..."

They can't even run a website to process 90 day reports. They are going to have a website which is secure, can process 8 MILLION applications a year, speak many languages, and provide secure payment in three years?

How many of you would be happy to put your passport information AND your financial information on that site? Seriously, how many?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Comedy gold!

3 hours ago, webfact said:

It will be available in Britain and France starting on April 1,...............

I'm just reading the small print further on and the date they cite.

Let's wait and see if it's a joke or fact..........................:thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, gamini said:

I entirely agree but quite honestly I wouldn't take too much notice of the usual Thai bashers. I'm actually a bit sorry for them they must have some real mental problems, as well as a sad life here in Thailand

The number of screw-ups and backtracking are endless...And it does not help matters with the constant chest puffing and gloating about the hubs of this or the hubs of that when the odds of things happening this way are between slim and none.....So the real question is if your not cynical why not?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, csmith said:

Why are many comments so sceptical? .… more kudos to Thai Immigration I say .… congrats again 

Hard experience maybe...

Good to see they're moving beyond mere small and medium-size cockups though. Going for the big boys now.

Nothing to do with the election though, pretending Thailand is a scientific frontier? Nah...

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

Not yet in fact, 2 months or more away for Chinese and possibly 4 months or more for Brits.

So just like the Breaking wind Thai visa news item three weeks ago.

Double entry tourist visas and unlimited visa exempt entry stamps.

But not a clue when or if? despite the great fanfare.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes, but as someone pointed out a while ago, doing this is for them a simple way of not letting "undesirables" back into the country.

Then there's the case that if Thais get screwed around and have to jump through hoops in farang countries to get visas, they will reciprocate and do the same to us. And yes, I used to do visa runs, so I know what a pain in the neck it is!

Try to get a Tourist Visa in Savannaketh and then imagine how an "Online Tourist Visa" should work. ???? 

Why are many comments so sceptical? .… more kudos to Thai Immigration I say .… congrats again 

Why kudo to immigration this smacks of interior ministry as they are responsible for issueing visas. As usual everyone jumps on the immigration band wagon when iy has nothing to do with them

I imagine that seeing that France and Britain have been mentioned it will be normal tourist visas. Also being that they do not use VOA. Why shouldn’t this work, two consulats have already closed in France, making it virtually impossible to get a visa without an appointment. For me it would have meant a flight and two nights in Paris. I think they’ll be fazing out all the consulats, which cost a lot of money to run. If Myanmar , Cambodia and Vietnam can do it , I’m quite sure Thailand can. I for one will be very happy.

TAT says there are 35 million visitors each year but this post says only 8 million visa applications. Are all of the rest 30 day free entries?

I think TAT always quotes "arrivals" which include transit passengers too ????

I'm pretty sure they will put 100% effort because Chinese tourist money is more important than foreigners staying and paying tax here.

It is well known that the Chinese do not spend much money here. Typical Thai thinking to make things easy for those that make a mess here and do not leave the money in Thailand.

"...KBank president Predee Daochai said it met world-class security standards. Fee payments will be supported by KBank’s electronic payment system to accommodate cross-border transactions in more than 126 currencies..." 

"Payments can be made via including credit card, QR code and Internet banking. Payment via QR code will debut in China through WeChat Pay, AliPay and China Union Pay..."

They can't even run a website to process 90 day reports. They are going to have a website which is secure, can process 8 MILLION applications a year, speak many languages, and provide secure payment in three years?

How many of you would be happy to put your passport information AND your financial information on that site? Seriously, how many?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Comedy gold!

Who says the web site doesn’t work. Everybody I know says it works well. 

Try to get a Tourist Visa in Savannaketh and then imagine how an "Online Tourist Visa" should work. ???? 

I should imagine that it almost certainly won't work if you are applying for consecutive tourist visas. Just like the bloke at the Savannaketh Consulate, the computer will take the not unreasonable view that, when one applies for say one's third consecutive tourist visa, one is not a tourist but a resident.

China will benefit from this evisa as they must pay to enter Thailand on arrival and its a slow process for them. As UK France and most western countries are part of  the bilateral agreement, they enter for free anyway for 30 days.  Maybe the evisa will benifit not wasting stamps in passports or not seeing a immi on the way in, but  I am not sure you could apply for a metv or setv online as you need supporting documents, i.e bank statement, plane ticket etc.  Unless I am reading it wrong? ( I went to bangkok post as well)

I'm pretty sure they will put 100% effort because Chinese tourist money is more important than foreigners staying and paying tax here.

Yep, you're dead right. Quality, zero dollar, Chinese tourists. What I don't understand is why Thailand doesn't have high rankers at the airport lick'n' their <deleted> as they arrive.????

The <deleted> makes it sound more naughty.:cheesy:

Edited by dinsdale

China will benefit from this evisa as they must pay to enter Thailand on arrival and its a slow process for them. As UK France and most western countries are part of  the bilateral agreement, they enter for free anyway for 30 days.  Maybe the evisa will benifit not wasting stamps in passports or not seeing a immi on the way in, but  I am not sure you could apply for a metv or setv online as you need supporting documents, i.e bank statement, plane ticket etc.  Unless I am reading it wrong? ( I went to bangkok post as well)

You're reading it wrong. It's for the SETV and nothing to do with visa on arrival or visa exempt.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Like 1

I just noticed UK setv requirements you dont need to prove funds.  In Aussie we need to prove 20 000bht in a certified bank statement and other info for the same setv. They must think we are poorer or more dodgy haha.

If anyones interested I posted the links for the 2 countries.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/sydney/en/other/96008-TOURIST-VISA.html

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7495/81752-How-to-Apply-for-a-Visa-by-Post.html

A Thai friend owns a shop which caters for Chinese coach parties (they buy certain types of candy, Hello Kitty rubbish and cheap liquor such as 100 Pipers--and worse). The drivers are paid 300b to stop at this particular shop.

My friend says that he has his sister as the store detective, because there are light fingers.

However, the main problem is that most do not spend or buy anything. However, if a hotel buffet is "free", it vanishes like a biblical plague of locusts has flown by.

I do not understand why the Tourism Dept works flat out to get the chinese crocodiles in. I suppose somebody worked out that 100,000 Mainland Chinese will spend as much as 5,000 fast-vanishing westerners. Now, we hear that 10 million Indians will arrive before 2030. Anybody who has been to Pattaya can tell you that Indians (except the Bollywood Billionaires) haggle over everything and usually walk away without buying--it's like a sport, or an art-form (I too have lived in Mumbai and Delhi).

did the Chinese answer the question on income on back of immigration card with the highest income?  why do the Chinese get preference treatment?

Because of the Road and Belt initiative...

Or more correctly the.....

Road or Belt initiative.....

Because of the Road and Belt initiative...

Or more correctly the.....

Road or Belt initiative.....

that is fine , but can the Chinese that steal corals and such from the sea be able to take home for souveniers or to eat to help thier sex drive?

Might actually work. It looks like Kasikorn hired some farangs to do their mobile app, it actually works and the statements printed from that one are legible, unlike their web bank. As long as that go.th part stays far, faaaaar away from maintaining the system.

Can you name the farang company or individual who created the app?