NZ tourist sexually assualted near Grand Palace, police say

snoop1130

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

So again, if she got drunk and wandered into the street and got hit by a speeding car, would she bear any of the responsibility?

This is thread about a rapist, not a speeding driver. 

The two situations are entirely different. 

1 minute ago, AGareth2 said:

has he been convicted?

and 

can you give a link

as you are so sure that is the charge?

Read the op if you are confused about the charge. It states warrant is for rape. 

He has not been convicted but I do believe it to be guilty. 

Luckily for such such filth I am neither judge nor jury. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Only in your dreams, "rapist scum" are irresponsible by definition, and women should know better than getting drunk and become easy targets for criminals and the such.

"women should know better than getting drunk"

So it's OK for men to get drunk and enjoy themselves but not women? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Read the op if you are confused about the charge. It states warrant is for rape. 

He has not been convicted but I do believe it to be guilty. 

Luckily for such such filth I am neither judge nor jury. 

police say she was sexually assaulted

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Your post asked if a woman would bear responsibility, if they had been drinking. 

I say not. 

Saying they do is victim blaming. 

This is an issue that`s been debated for years and years.

Not victim blaming but should it be acknowledged that there are circumstances when people place themselves in situations that makes them victims waiting to happen? Surely each one of us has to use common sense and not leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would do us harm.

I have a daughter in her 20s, and since she was a child I have explained to her the dangers that are lurking out there and to always think about what she does, with whom and where. An old saying; when you have sons you worry, when you have daughters you pray, which is very true for every parent.

If you are unable to see the logic in my logic and consider that people, whoever they are, have no responsibilities for their own safety and well being, something like an antelope at a water hole that drops their guard waiting to be attacked by the hyenas, then you are very naive.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sambum said:
1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

Only in your dreams, "rapist scum" are irresponsible by definition, and women should know better than getting drunk and become easy targets for criminals and the such.

"women should know better than getting drunk"

So it's OK for men to get drunk and enjoy themselves but not women? 

If i get drunk and i get raped, robbed, or end under a bus is not ok...

..It should be obvious, or perhaps you think i am a misogynist ?

and btw, i like a couple of drinks, but i hate getting drunk.

5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

This is an issue that`s been debated for years and years.

Not victim blaming but should it be acknowledged that there are circumstances when people place themselves in situations that makes them victims waiting to happen? Surely each one of us has to use common sense and not leave ourselves vulnerable to those who would do us harm.

I have a daughter in her 20s, and since she was a child I have explained to her the dangers that are lurking out there and to always think about what she does, with whom and where. An old saying; when you have sons you worry, when you have daughters you pray, which is very true for every parent.

If you are unable to see the logic in my logic and consider that people, whoever they are, have no responsibilities for their own safety and well being, something like an antelope at a water hole that drops their guard waiting to be attacked by the hyenas, then you are very naive.

Clearly we disagree. 

As as I have said, when it comes to rape the only one to blame is the rapist. 

They bear 100% responsibility for what happens. 

38 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is the unfashionable reality...  no one is condoning the heinous crime here.. No one !... However, Political Correctness kneecaps any logic in topics such as this... 

No one is victim blaming, No one !.... But, what people are suggesting is that people should be responsible for their own safety and wellbeing - anyone with a brain who is capable of looking after themselves should do so.

Much in the same way as a Man Wearing a thick gold necklace should have known better when entering an impoverished area and gets robbed - that doesn't make the robbery any less wrong. But it does show that the victim exercised poor judgement. 

In a non-PC world we are allowed to discuss and comment on this poor judgement, but as soon as female becomes a victim of a crime such as this discussion and intelligent comment looses all traction when the Politically Correct take offense and misinterpret common sense and call it victim blaming.

Would you feel comfortable placing your daughter or wife in a similar situation this girl placed herself in? and if not, why not?.... there is your answer no political correctness necessary. 

The victim was guilty of poor judgement, the perpetrator guilty of a heinous crime and needs to be penalised accordingly. 

This has nothing to do with pc. 

When it comes to rape, 100% responsibility lies with the rapist. 

Victims are not to blame for the behaviour of such filth. 

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Clearly we disagree. 

As as I have said, when it comes to rape the only one to blame is the rapist. 

They bear 100% responsibility for what happens. 

Try reading my post again and then maybe you might understand.

My point is; people should use common sense and not place themselves in harm`s way simply as a safety precaution. But it seems this goes way over your head.

2 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Try reading my post again and then maybe you might understand.

My point is; people should use common sense and not place themselves in harm`s way simply as a safety precaution. But it seems this goes way over your head.

People have the right to behave in a lawful manner and not be raped. 

Hope that’s clear for you...

i read your post.

I understood it.

It made no difference to my view. 

Edited by Bluespunk

This is thread about a rapist, not a speeding driver. 

The two situations are entirely different. 

I’ll take that as a yes, that you think she would bear some responsibility, but that you can’t bring yourself to say it as it would expose the weakness of your position.