Please clarify the "money in the bank" method..

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I was in Bangkok recently. It was a nightmare of plastic shopping malls connected by overhead trains. A dystopian Metropolis.

There is that aspect, yes.  But, there are also some of the most beautiful temples and royal-places to see.  Before departing, I would suggest visiting as many of those as you have time.  I've spent several short trips, and barely scratched the surface.  Also, be sure to check out the ruins in Ayuthaya, if you are into that sort of thing - I cannot get enough.  I wish I had arrived in Thailand in my 20s, so I'd have time to take more of it in.

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The future is short term tourists from India, China and the 'Stans'. I will keep and eye on visa developments.

I am not so sure about the 'stans folks, but I share your concern about the future prospects of Western expats here, given recent trends.  But, hopefully, the Thai people will reject the agenda of replacing us, and their leaders will listen to them on this point.  Their preference is patently clear and overwhelming.  Becoming a bought-and-paid-for puppet-satellite of the Chinese regime will in no way benefit the country in the long-run.

• Like 1