The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RickG16 said:

Not if you don't strengthen.

I think we will Rick, that front 3 need an equal standard back up. Aside that, maybe a left back understudy, attacking midfielder, and a CB. 

8 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

I think we will Rick, that front 3 need an equal standard back up. Aside that, maybe a left back understudy, attacking midfielder, and a CB. 

You will I agree... So it's lucky your management don't listen to you or @wilai !

11 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

You will I agree... So it's lucky your management don't listen to you or @wilai !

As I keep telling you Rick....the transfer window isn't even open yet. I trust JK to make the correct decisions at the right time and not to act like a kid in a candy store.....he's done ok so far!????

3 minutes ago, wilai said:

Good news Mr BJ....No ban and fine reduced to 10m.

This is what happens when you take the crooked bar stewards to a neutral court. UEFA only want the historical top table present and the corruption is in grained. Can't wait to read the full text.  

I wonder if all those on here slagging us off after the crooked UEFA found us guilty will at least hold their hands up and admit they were wrong after a totally unbiased heard the case and found us innocent. There are a few on here whom I could dig up several horrible posts but I doubt they are man enough to at least recognise justice.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I wonder if all those on here slagging us off after the crooked UEFA found us guilty will at least hold their hands up and admit they were wrong after a totally unbiased heard the case and found us innocent. There are a few on here whom I could dig up several horrible posts but I doubt they are man enough to at least recognise justice.

Always happy to admit I'm wrong.

So I take it you are asking me to believe that the CAS are uncorruptable saints unlike the evil UEFA?

Just now, RickG16 said:

Always happy to admit I'm wrong.

So I take it you are asking me to believe that the CAS are uncorruptable saints unlike the evil UEFA?

Well let's put it this way. You were happy to believe UEFA and you would have believed CAS if they had found us guilty. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Well let's put it this way. You were happy to believe UEFA and you would have believed CAS if they had found us guilty. 

The point is why should we believe one body over another. All it is right now is UEFA's word vs CAS. 

But granted, it looks a lot better for you than if both had found you guilty. 

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

The point is why should we believe one body over another. All it is right now is UEFA's word vs CAS. 

But granted, it looks a lot better for you than if both had found you guilty. 

I don't know why but I really expected hoped that you'd acknowledge the result as fair. Should have known better

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I don't know why but I really expected hoped that you'd acknowledge the result as fair. Should have known better

I'm not saying it's unfair.... all I'm saying is let's not pretend we know what goes on in the corridors of these places.

Either way, I am definately happy to draw a line under it. 

33 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Champers won't be a happy fellow.

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yep. Justice has been served ????

A 10 million euro fine for obstruction of the investigation and for disregarding the principle that allows such investigations. 

City’s deep pockets laughing at justice again (2014 style).

13 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

A 10 million euro fine for obstruction of the investigation and for disregarding the principle that allows such investigations. 

City’s deep pockets laughing at justice again (2014 style).

The fine was imposed by UEFA and was originally 30million. We said that we had given them everything and yeah we were pished off at them for reneging on the original 2014 deal. CAS found us totally innocent of the serious breach of FFP charge and reduced the fine down to 10m for the obstruction element. That outcome is probably better than anything we could have hoped for 

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

The fine was imposed by UEFA and was 30million. We said that we had given them everything and yeah we were pished off at them for renaging on the original 2014 deal. CAS found us totally innocent of the serious breach of FFP charge and reduced the fine down to 10m for the obstruction element. That outcome is probably better than anything we could have hoped for 

But do we know what the obstruction achieved? 

If you keep the policeman occupied at the front door while I flush the 'goods' down the toilet, that doesn't mean we are completely innocent.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but we are at least allowed to consider the possibility.

Archived