The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

But do we know what the obstruction achieved? 

If you keep the policeman occupied at the front door while I flush the 'goods' down the toilet, that doesn't mean we are completely innocent.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but we are at least allowed to consider the possibility.

We have said on here what the obstruction was. In UEFA's second investigation (remember we had already gone through this in 2014) we said that we had given them everything already and because Der Spigel had hacked e-mails we said we will not participate any further. We had already informed CAS before the result by UEFA and just wanted UEFA to do what they wanted to so that we could go to CAS as we believed UEFA weren't treating us fairly. We have already been through all of this on here before Rick and is why we believed in our owners when they said we were innocent

3 minutes ago, sotsira said:

Now that Uefa and FFP rules have been dealt an embarrassing blow.

Other clubs will be thinking of ways to manipulate the rules, the precedent 

has been set.

Actually, I think you'll find we got found innocent of any wrongdoings within the current rules. So no precedent has been set for anything. We operated within the rules and CAS confirmed it. 

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Nope. Doubt he'll accept us being found innocent as well. It just doesn't suit the narrative for some people and we'll never change that

Creative accounting at City continues to this day; paying staff who work for Man City F.C. from the payroll of the City Football Group being one example; but feel free to pretend it doesn't happen. My gripe is that City buy in players at over inflated prices and do not develop their own. I actually hope you go on to win the Champs Lge as the only English team who will probably be left in the last 8. Don't overplay the wronged victim for too long.

By the way, I have always stated my opposition to FFP.

3 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I wonder if all those on here slagging us off after the crooked UEFA found us guilty will at least hold their hands up and admit they were wrong after a totally unbiased heard the case and found us innocent. There are a few on here whom I could dig up several horrible posts but I doubt they are man enough to at least recognise justice.

The members of 'The ThaiVisa Football/Soccer Forum 'Man City MUST be guilty' Kangaroo Court' - which is the majority of the regulars on here (not worth mentioning the particular venomous ones, you know who you are) - are definitely not man enough to admit that they did not know the facts of the case (only EUFA, City and CAS do) and consequently jumped to the wrong conclusion. 

Enjoy...

images (13).jpeg

58 minutes ago, champers said:

Creative accounting at City continues to this day; paying staff who work for Man City F.C. from the payroll of the City Football Group being one example; but feel free to pretend it doesn't happen.

Our club and our finances have now been scrutinised more than any other club in Europe and it is now proven that EVERYTHING we do is above board and within the rules. We have had to prove without a doubt our innocence and I doubt there is any other club in Europe who can prove that they operate within the rules as much as we have had to. Why not target your vendetta of injustice on other clubs who haven't had to undergo scrutiny like we have had to?

And we didn't even think of furloughing our staff BTW.  So maybe look at some of the Prem clubs who tried doing that

...and save a bit of your humble pie will ya for the group of 8 Premier League clubs (all the top 10 clubs less City and Sheffield United) who got together to send a letter to CAS, backing Uefa and saying they would strongly object to City being allowed into Europe next season - what a selfcentred embarrasing move!

34 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Our club and our finances have now been scrutinised more than any other club in Europe and it is now proven that EVERYTHING we do is above board and within the rules. We have had to prove without a doubt our innocence and I doubt there is any other club in Europe who can prove that they operate within the rules as much as we have had to. Why not target your vendetta of injustice on other clubs who haven't had to undergo scrutiny like we have had to?

And we didn't even think of furloughing our staff BTW.  So maybe look at some of the Prem clubs who tried doing that

My vendetta? 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The members of 'The ThaiVisa Football/Soccer Forum 'Man City MUST be guilty' Kangaroo Court' - which is the majority of the regulars on here (not worth mentioning the particular venomous ones, you know who you are) - are definitely not man enough to admit that they did not know the facts of the case (only EUFA, City and CAS do) and consequently jumped to the wrong conclusion. 

Enjoy...

images (13).jpeg

I think you will need a bigger pie than that. That ain’t enough for Rick and 3-2 let alone anyone else. I assume they have apologized for their months of trolling?

Good to see the best teams will now be in next years Champions League. I am sure that’s what we all want to see really despite our differences. Adds up to a thrilling last couple of weeks. Be Ricks b.um twitching now although United seem to have the impetus now what with Leicester and Chelsea recent performance. 

2 hours ago, champers said:

My vendetta? 

It certainly seems to be, if not vendetta then certainly a focus on City.

As you say above your "gripe is that City buy in players at over inflated prices and do not develop their own".  There are several other Prem clubs (never mind european ones) who have spent more on players than us but I have yet to see you condemn them. United have broke the transfer record several times. Show me a post where you have condemned them?

City have never broken the PL transfer record and currently sit in 7th place (Rodri) in all time PL transfer records behind Arsenal in 6th (Pepe), Chelsea in 5th (Kepa), Liverpool 4th (Van Dijk) and United top 3 with Lukaku, Maguire and Pogba.

Maybe give those clubs a bit of flack and I'll believe you are being a bit more even handed but upto now, your slating has been focused only on City

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

As you say above your "gripe is that City buy in players at over inflated prices and do not develop their own".  There are several other Prem clubs (never mind european ones) who have spent more on players than us but I have yet to see you condemn them. United have broke the transfer record several times. Show me a post where you have condemned them?

City have never broken the PL transfer record and currently sit in 7th place (Rodri) in all time PL transfer records behind Arsenal in 6th (Pepe), Chelsea in 5th (Kepa), Liverpool 4th (Van Dijk) and United top 3 with Lukaku, Maguire and Pogba.

Maybe give those clubs a bit of flack and I'll believe you are being a bit more even handed but upto now, your slating has been focused only on City

Mate, you've come out of this with a lot of credit. I maintain we don't know how suseptible the CAS is to trillions of pounds in backhanders... but, from what we can see it is an independent body.

My genuine opinion on City in a purely footballing sense is that you have been one of the best things in the PL in recent years. Absolute pleasure to watch under Pep.

I'm happy to eat some humble pie. Just a slice. Preferably with some custard and served to me by the esteemed @Bredbury Blue

Just put your feet up tonight...  and watch the most exciting team in the league. 

I have given Man Utd plenty of flack re both Maguire and Pogba. I have criticised Chelsea for not picking home grown players prior to this season; they have blooded a fair few this term.

Rodri cost £14 million when Atletico Madrid bought him back from Villareal, one season later he cost you an extra £40 million. I had never heard of him till you bought him.

I have given Man Utd plenty of flack re both Maguire and Pogba. I have criticised Chelsea for not picking home grown players prior to this season; they have blooded a fair few this term.

Rodri cost £14 million when Atletico Madrid bought him back from Villareal, one season later he cost you an extra £40 million. I had never heard of him till you bought him.

I don't remember seeing any posts of you giving United and Chelsea flack. I'll have a search tomorrow and be sure to come back and apologize to you if I made an error.

As for Rodri. We pay scouts to find players that aren't always heard of and we paid a fortune for that Chelsea flop KDB

3 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

You can have your trophy back for an easy 350M now, Pep's probably cancelling the movers this morning ????

Pep wasn't going anywhere. But I think you knew that.

As for spending. I'll have you a wager that we don't spend anywhere near that. We will be under scrutiny for years now by UEFA, just waiting for us to trip up and jump all over us. We are operating in a profitable way and our owners will want to keep it that way.

Worth noting that yesterday CAS also ruled in PSG's favour. They had similarly been found guilty of breaches of UEFA FFP rules. Source: this morning's Bangkok Post.

Have you got a link to that Champers? From what I recall PSG didn't have to go to CAS for an appeal of FFP because UEFA buggered the case up by not operating within their own time frame of appeals.

Have you got a link to that Champers? From what I recall PSG didn't have to go to CAS for an appeal of FFP because UEFA buggered the case up by not operating within their own time frame of appeals.

Just re-reading it now and I think I have misinterpreted it. I also had a look on google, so I think the PSG ruling is last year as you say instead of being yesterday.

No links allowed to BP but it is just one sentence in their article re City's verdict. I've scribed below:

"Qatari-owned PSG also won an appeal to CAS against Uefa's decision to reopen a probe into alleged FFP breaches last year."

I read it that the breaches were last year, when "last year" actually refers to the CAS ruling. It's an AFP written article so no blame on the BP.

28 minutes ago, champers said:

Just re-reading it now and I think I have misinterpreted it. I also had a look on google, so I think the PSG ruling is last year as you say instead of being yesterday.

No links allowed to BP but it is just one sentence in their article re City's verdict. I've scribed below:

"Qatari-owned PSG also won an appeal to CAS against Uefa's decision to reopen a probe into alleged FFP breaches last year."

I read it that the breaches were last year, when "last year" actually refers to the CAS ruling. It's an AFP written article so no blame on the BP.

Cheers champers. I thought it was something like that. If memory serves, didn't AC Milan also win an appeal at about the same time?

10 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Cheers champers. I thought it was something like that. If memory serves, didn't AC Milan also win an appeal at about the same time?

Don't know about Milan but if UEFA have rulings regularly overturned by CAS their credibility is in shreds. Many national FAs have "issues" not least the English FA. You could write a book listing their failings.

The Premier League is as good a ruling body as their is but it is hard for them to totally remove themselves from the FA's sphere of influence. 

Archived