The Official Manchester City Thread

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

"Everyone down, sniper attack!".

He's got you on the ropes here...

The average 13th position stat sounds like genuine research, not like your copy and paste jobs ????

On 5/4/2020 at 1:05 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

^became 15th club to win a UEFA competition (Fairs Cup wasn't one)...but that can't be correct as we have no history.

EWxRZsYXkAkdjZq.png

In all honesty, i'm not sure winning a European trophy qualifies a club as having  history, after all every club in the Football League has history of some sort, now if you said "our team has a great history in Europe " that would make more sense, just that it wouldn't apply to our club !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, singasong said:

after all every club in the Football League has history of some sort, now if you said "our team has a great history in Europe " that would make more sense, just that it wouldn't apply to our club !

Exactly! Finally some one has realised that I was taking the <deleted> out of all those who say MCFC has no history - we all have history. ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I do recall the early 70s - and was at Maine Road to see Greavesy's debut goal (and was it Ronnie Boyce's brilliant volley off Corrigans clearance)

Remember it being a miserable cold wet March day.

Two weeks earlier I'd been to Wembley for the first time - couldn't get a '69 FA Cup ticket - to see MCFC win the League Cup on a freezing day; lasting memory is freezing my nuts off and ice on the terrace steps making it very tricky underfoot.

Got to see the genius Greavesy in this game which is why I remember it well. Greatest English natural goalscorer of all time?

CITY 1 WEST HAM UNITED 5

League Division 1

21st March 1970

attendance 28,353

scorers
City
 Lee(13)
West Ham Greaves(10 & 36), Hurst(44 & 85), Boyce(81)

ref P Baldwin

City Corrigan, Book, Arthur Mann, Doyle, Booth, Oakes, Tony Towers, Lee, Ian Bowyer, Young, Pardoe – sub Stan Bowles (unused)

West Ham Grotier, Bonds, Lampard, Boyce, Stephenson, Moore, Holland, Eustace, Hurst, Greaves, Howe – sub Llewelyn(78)

In December 69, WHU 0V4 MCFC Lee, Bowyer 2, Doyle.

Edited by Bredbury Blue
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Exactly! Finally some one has realised that I was taking the <deleted> out of all those who say MCFC has no history - we all have history. ????

Beep beep!... BB in reverse...

Mr Boj nowhere to be seen...

Kevin De Bruyne about to do the off...

Oh dear oh dear 

"Manchester City owners to add NINTH club to their portfolio as they buy Belgian second division side Lommel SK... with City Football Group to wipe out their debts of £1.75m".

Lommel borders The Netherlands. They were 6th in league 2 when it ended recently.

City have been sending lots of youth players to the lowlands. Expect to see lots having a stint at Lommel. 

47 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've heard mrboj is a huge fan of that shirt.

What a monstrosity. Maybe this one AND the orange and yellow popsicle kit? No wonder Sane is leaving for Bayern.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I've heard mrboj is a huge fan of that shirt.

I emailed the club and that shirt has now been dumped for a different one.

Apparently what shirt makers and clubs do, is release piccies of prototypes out on social media and gauge feedback. Really cheap way of doing the marketing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

What he probably means is his mini me karate expert likes it and he's too scared to disagree!

She does Tae Kwon Do. ???? and she's starting Brazilian JuiJitSu next . My lickle body guard ????

• Like 1

Well I've held off giving you a dose of reality for a while.... but let's not be under any illusions, apart from Liverpool, this lockdown is next worse for City IMO.

For the players and coaching staff, it's extra time on top of the 2 year prison sentence which they are expecting to be served with this ban. Barca are sniffing around Guardiola, KdB has made his intentions clear....

And I'm sure that it would warm their heart to know that most City fans (allegedly)  would prefer to win the PL than make their mark in Europe.

#FreePep 

19 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

Well I've held off giving you a dose of reality for a while.... but let's not be under any illusions, apart from Liverpool, this lockdown is next worse for City IMO.

For the players and coaching staff, it's extra time on top of the 2 year prison sentence which they are expecting to be served with this ban. Barca are sniffing around Guardiola, KdB has made his intentions clear....

And I'm sure that it would warm their heart to know that most City fans (allegedly)  would prefer to win the PL than make their mark in Europe.

#FreePep 

If that Joan Laporte bint takes over  Barca she'll have Pep back home. He's had his fill of meat and tater pies.

Heard an interesting tale the other day about how a lot of City employees are off the books because they are employed and paid by the City Football Group. A paid up jolly to New York or Girona in the summer for a week of "coaching" sorts out the paperwork. Creative accounting I think they call it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RickG16 said:

I really think you need to concentrate on United mate. The table shows you are in a worse position than us in every way.

17 minutes ago, wilai said:

In other news, Government quarantine restrictions at the moment may scupper your Real Madrid match in this year's CL.

Oh well. Lucky escape for RM ???? Would have been nice to have done something in the CL this year, with the PL being out of reach but if it's not safe, so be it.  

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Oh well. Lucky escape for RM ???? Would have been nice to have done something in the CL this year, with the PL being out of reach but if it's not safe, so be it.  

Things could change mate but at the moment, RM would have to spend 14 days in isolation before the match. There will no doubt be some serious lobbying.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:53 PM, wilai said:

Next year's home shirt....allegedly? Looks like it was inspired by a bus trip to Anfield!????

EX1kDJsWkAIWxzm?format=jpg&name=360x360

Couldn't get any worse could it???

Puma: Hold my beer!

Sad news that Glyn Pardoe has died at the age of 73.

Glyn was the youngest ever First team player at City, playing at 15 years and 341 days. Glyn is also the grandad of young City upcoming talent TOmmy Doyle

R.I.P. Glyn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1